It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up for Adoption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Hello Top Secret, have been reading your forums for a few months now, fascinating reading.

I have been reluctant to get involved with discussions on these forums, I am more the observant quiet type, but I have many questions and would like to start getting involved more.

Although I have been following most of the threads for the last few months, I am still very new to the alternative thinking and real world events. Put it this way, ATS and other sites/information have made me dramatically more couscous of everyday life and my perspective is vastly differently then before. (not in a paranoid manner, just more open minded. less ignorant/gullible).

I have been on the net for about 10years now, mainly just playing games and chatting to friends, but I had never come across this site or similar in all that time; until a few months ago that is, and I spend ALOT of my time online. seen a few conspiracy topics and downloads on various p2p sites but you just dismiss them as well.. conspiracy theories and nuts, without even reading/downloading them. I guess approximately 95% of general non-alternative thinking people do exactly the same. And I know no one in my family/friends shares these views or is even aware of them currently. This is quite disturbing.

As a newbie I find the forums quite easy to navigate and browse through, there has obviously been a lot of work put into this site and it shows.

I understand that many current subjects and other subjects which have been either debunked or solved long ago have been previously discussed and forgotten in the depths of ats, and the only way of knowing is to use the search function and/or get told that it was discussed long ago many times and use search to find them. The search function is very intimidating, unless you already know what it is your looking for.

Would it be an idea to organise/label some of the previously discussed important and relevant threads which were either Solved/Unresolved/Hoaxed like the JFK thread or John Titor for example. would make it more palatable and less confusing for the new ats members? having to sift through the dis-info people/posts & conflicting ego's.

Hehe and here I was worrying and struggling for words to make a first post

[edit on 3-6-2006 by crittz]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
welcome to ATS crittz don't forget the other forms BTS, PTS, and the other at the top of the page. The welcome wagon will be round soon with all the links to help you get around.
If you have any questons you can U2 a mod to begin with, I believe you need 20 posts before you can U2 members.

[edit on 3/6/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
welcome crittz, like you i was intimidated at first but you will soon find your feet with alot of help from the great people here. good luck and see you around the board.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, crittz!

I hope that you enjoy your stay here.

Need help with the site? Find it here. ---->ATS help files

------------------------------------------

AS mentioned briefly easrlier, the is plenty here other than the forums on AboveTopSecret...

Heres some links to BTS forums...

Don't forget to have fun while you're here.
Check out some of these forums on BelowTopSecret

General Chit Chat

Chit Chat Subjects

Travel
Jokes, Puns & Pranks
Folk Tales & Urban Legends
Food & Cooking
Relationships
People
Faith, Spirituality, & Theology
Health & Wellness
Rant
Members
Dreams & Personal Predictions

Arts & Entertainment

General Entertainment Discussion
Video Games
Television
Movies
Music
Comics
Fantasy & Science Fiction
Literature
Member Art

Computers & Internet

Computer Help
Website Design
Interesting Websites

Mechanic 32.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Always good to have another member enter our realm.
If you have any problems finding your way around, just ask.

Now I think I'll tag your intro thread..........

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcome, guidance and links.

new topics

top topics

join