It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the US get drawn into the War on Terrorism much like the US got drawn into the Spanish War and W

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I mean lets look at the facts. The bombing of the Maine was most likely an accident but the US used it as an excuse to go to war. In WW1 the Zimmerman note was translated by the British and then sent to America. The British probably faked the note in order to get the US into WW1. The Listunia had armanents that were put there but Churchill. Now did the Israelis make these false WMD specualtions in order to draw America into Iraq. It seems very possible.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Psycho
At this point in time I wouldn't doubt very much about anything. Suppposedly the Maine had an explosion onboard from within her own stores of ammo and some people took advantage of this and claimed it was the Spaniards. Not sure if this was proven as fact but I know I have read about it. I think I would agree with the idea that its usually the people who stand to gain the most from a particular situation. Chalabi had a lot to gain when he lied to the US about Saddam Hussein having WMD's, not only was he recieving cash, he was hoping to get his family back into power once again. Who was behind Chalabi is anyones guess.

Pie

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Psycho
At this point in time I wouldn't doubt very much about anything. Suppposedly the Maine had an explosion onboard from within her own stores of ammo and some people took advantage of this and claimed it was the Spaniards. Not sure if this was proven as fact but I know I have read about it. I think I would agree with the idea that its usually the people who stand to gain the most from a particular situation. Chalabi had a lot to gain when he lied to the US about Saddam Hussein having WMD's, not only was he recieving cash, he was hoping to get his family back into power once again. Who was behind Chalabi is anyones guess.

Pie

Tru Chalabli had a lot I have to find the links to the World War 1 stuff. But i read an article in a newspaper from 1994 which explained how the Listunia was armed so it would sink causing the US to delcare war on Germany.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I don't think "drawn in" is accurate, more like drugged first ,blindfolded second and now we're being led around by our noses. We were sold a lie and we bought it, and I believe we bought it from Halibourton. Hey what's the name of the guy that used to run Halibourton? I forget.
How does invading/occupation equate to democracy? How do we help them with sufferage? We bomb and shoot them. The women of this country should be thankful that the government didn't help them like we're helping Iraq.

Side note: Dick Cheney remindes me of the Penguin from Batman. wa wa

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This post I think enitirely portrays the mentality of an average American.

They view their country as some do no evil missy two good shoes with the inabilty to ever do wrong (unless provoked, which is then revenge and thus justifiable). The very notion of America being capable of intentionally causing harm to anyone is extremely hard to imagine, prespotorous to state and impossible to fathom. It is never their fault.

The scenario usually portrayed is that of good Ol America minding their own business, living in peace and harmony untill some sneaky snidey whiplasher cons the poor continent into engaging into a war. "Their" war.

This is an image that is sold to the american people, because in the end America is like a oily haired, sparkling teeth, ever smiling salesman selling these lies to the public. Ofcourse the public buy it because they are living too comfortable a life to doubt that things are any different. Also the sense of patriotism ground into their psyche from kindergarten onwards does not permit them to doubt or question anything relating to their country and in doing so running the risk of being labelled a traitor or even worse realize whats going on in the name of peace, chivalry, democracy and whatever else America stands for.

America has meddled in the affairs of almost every country, overthrowing, governments, assisinating presidents and pretty much doing whatever they wanted all in the name of "national security". Yet when its time to reap what they've sown they are totally dumbfounded and shocked at the backlash because they are under the impression that they were doing "good" and didn't deserve this.

Now "good" here is totally subjective. What is good for them might be totally the opposite for others. For Eg, they go to a country where a muslim woman covers her head, they cite it as a human rights violation and a violation of freedom, bomb the hell out of the place claiming to free the people, leave the place in utter choas yet not once stopping to think that the women has the headscarf on because thats what she beleives in and WANTS to keep her head covered.

I could go on and on but the point I'm trying to convey here is, the world does not revolve around you, stop blaming everyone else for your problems, yes you too have the capability to do wrong and try to wake up, see whats going on around you and get this country back to what it used to stand for.

top topics

join