It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Know Your Role, Newbie!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Is it just me or does there seem to be a certain pecking order on ATS posts. I'm relatively new but it sometimes seems that certain posters are accorded undue respect. I know there is a learning curve and rookie mistakes may detract from early posts but even so I have seen some very good posts almost completely ignored. Am I just paranoid or is it a conspiracy? Please feel free to neglect this post.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Sure, you get to know some of the members after you've been around the boards for a while, but I don't think I've ever looked at a member's registration date before deciding to reply or not to an interesting thread.

I see many of the long-time members going out of their way to assist the newer members in any way they can. ATS is a large site, and we all fumbled our way through the first few posts as newbies, but there is always someone willing to take your hand and guide you past the pitfalls.

I've seen a few cliques form on the boards, but it's not the norm.... :shk:

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
yup... from lowest to highest

members
scholars/writers/fighters
combinations of above
mods
super mods
council
3 amigos

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Honestly Polanksi, don't you think you're a little new to be making these kinds of observations?...just kidding!

I can contribute nothing but a monkey to this thread.

Spiderj

[edit on 6/4/2006 by Spiderj]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
Honestly Polanksi, don't you think you're a little new to be making these kinds of observations?...just kidding!

I can contribute nothing but a monkey to this thread.

Spiderj

[edit on 6/4/2006 by Spiderj]

imo - registration date has little to do...

I matured in only 2 weeks!

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Did the dancing bananna and the words Just Kidding not get my point across that I was kidding?

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TristanBW9456
yup... from lowest to highest

members
scholars/writers/fighters
combinations of above
mods
super mods
council
3 amigos

Aww, and i thought that class was an outmoded concept. Oh well, guess I'll go take my rightful place below stairs.

new topics

top topics

join