It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO complex VTOL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
By accidentelly, I found a web bewriting some complicated VTOLs. Because of the web using Czech, I couldn't read any more. Who can help to translate to a language we can understand? Or are there any web introduce these project with English?
www.hitechweb.szm.sk...
www.hitechweb.szm.sk...
I know who made these web but this guy like a sprite, even god have no ability to catch him!

Do you feel these project seem to be such complicated even today, I have lots of questions about that, for example when/why these Euro nations established these projects?What's kind of tech they have used and will use?How they process these aircraft? and so on.

[edit on 2-6-2006 by emile]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Slovak. Its written in Slovak language
You cant catch me because I am drowing in work, projects and ideas.

Generally this section describes join GB/Germany/Italy V/STOL nuclear and reconnaissance plane VAK-191 (Vertikalstartendes Aufklärungs- und Kampfflugzeug), Germany/USA program AVS (Advanced V/STOL Tactical Fighter Weapon System) and Italy/GB program MRCA (MultiRole Combat Aircraft) which led to Panavia Tornado.

In second web are all Fiat G.95 V/STOL fighter variants that were proposed for NATO NBMR.3 (NATO Basic Military Requirement) competition and Italys participation on VAK-191.

I recommend you web made by Mike Hirschberg (www.vstol.org), where you can find some of the info from my site and a lot of more in english.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Britain was not a partner in the VAK 191, we already had the Harrier
Otherwise mint reply.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hi waynos, nice to see you. Maybe "partner" is not a very good word but....

...in 1962 - 1963 Great Britain, Germany and Italy agreed on joint development of tactical nuclear bomber/reconnaissance plane. Basic specifications were derived from Focke-Wulf FW-1262 and project was named VAK-191. There were four proposals:

VAK-191A - generally Harrier in P.1170 modification
VAK-191B - Focke Wulf FW-1262
VAK-191C - EWR-340 (VJ-101D)
VAK-191D - Fiat G.95-4

Great Britain withdrawn from this project in late 1963 when was clear, that P.1170 will not be accepted and it continued independently.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I see what you mean, you are referring to the VAK 191 requirement, I thought you meant the VAK 191B as built and tested. Yes, HSA only tendered a design to that requirement, they never took part in any development programme.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The only part Britian played in the VAK 191 was making the engines, which if I remember correctly the main engine was a RR Spey modified to have vectored nozzles. Interesting design, because until recently, it was the only VTOL aircraft with internal weapons bay to fly, more of a dedicated strike aircraft than Harrier.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Wow I wish I could get the first posts site translalated. Further digging on the site shows amazing photos of numerous projects that seem to be highlh relevant to tsome cutting edge stuff talked about here. In the link when you select most of the projects you are given some rare vintage and astonishing X project development images of past and present.

www.hitechweb.szm.sk...

new topics

top topics

join