It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for some Answers on the WIERDEST thing...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Okay... strange thing happened today.

My sister and her boyfriend had to leave for her boyfriend's parent's camp. They tried calling, but got a busy signal. Since they had to leave soon (blocking the driveway), they asked me to call later for them. I said sure.

Later, however, I had forgotten to try calling again, but then the phone starts ringing. To give you an example of the normal phone ring, there are about this many "notes":

Ring-ring-ring-ring-ring-ring-ring-ring-ring

This time, however, it was:

Ring-ring-ring... Ring-ring-ring... Ring-ring-ring

When I picked up the phone to answer it, it started ringing on the OTHER end, as though I had just dialed a number (no dial-button sounds could be heard). When the other person picked up, I went "Hello?", and a man went "Hello."

"What number is this?"

"The number you called _(my name)_"

Turns out that it was my sister's, boyfriend's father - the person I was supposed to have called.

So I gave him the message that they were on their way, told him the wierd story, and had a nervous laugh with him.

Still, HOW IN GOD'S NAME does this kind of glitch happen? It must be some kind of programming error, because the phone knew that the last number dialed was that number, but to get a call and then have it call someone else... that's just plain wierd!

Anyways, I thought I'd post this now since I know you people can have a field day with this. Anyone have a similar experience? Any known technical problem that can cause this to happen? Or did I just win a lottery without any prize money...

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'm sorry I can't really say. Weird things have been happening on the phone lately. A while back, I had a thread about my phone being tapped. The gov't has already admitted to tapping phones.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheshire cat
I'm sorry I can't really say. Weird things have been happening on the phone lately. A while back, I had a thread about my phone being tapped. The gov't has already admitted to tapping phones.

Yeah, I was on the phone with my mom a few weeks back, and there was nobody in either house except for us. We were both on phones with cords, and we were talking politics/conspiracies. When I said something that I can't on here about G.W., there was a snickering on the line and then a click click. My mom and I both went through our houses to see if there was anyone else, and checked outside. Nothing. There's no way somebody could have jumped a fence at my place either, because I have cement walls with broken glass lining the tops (you would have to know the New Orleans history of doing that to understand), and my mom lives in the middle of nowhere, so she could have even seen a person running away on acres of land. It was very strange, I didn't like it, but I made her stay on the phone, because I'm a chicken lol.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Sounds like a coupla' Feds learning what all the buttons do.

niteboy82, I like how you heard that 'snicker' just as you mentioned George.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Sounds like a coupla' Feds learning what all the buttons do.
niteboy82, I like how you heard that 'snicker' just as you mentioned George.

I didn't! That's why I made my mom stay on the phone. I was like, "oh no, as soon as I hang up the phone, the suits are gonna bust through the door, and I'm going to be taken to room 101." Paranoid a bit, eh?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Perhaps the friendly guys at NSA called the nr. for you so you wouldn't get in trouble.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Yaruium Its a call feature on your phone like *69 if your trying to call somebody and the line is busy you punch in a certain number and when the line is free it rings you back with that funny ring to let you know.
your sister probable knew you would forget and put in the code

[edit on 2-6-2006 by skitzo]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by skitzo
Yaruium Its a call feature on your phone like *69 if your trying to call somebody and the line is busy you punch in a certain number and when the line is free it rings you back with that funny ring to let you know.

Doesn't that feature only happen when you get a busy signal, and then you hang up, waiting for it to call you back? Like it keeps dialing, until it gets an answer for the next 30 minutes or something like that.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Yes he said they got a busy signal.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by skitzo
Yes he said they got a busy signal.

Grats! You solved it then. I didn't read very clearly (obviously lol). I don't think I want what happened to me solved though, unless you can make it an innocent intercept that I haven't thought of yet!

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Nope cant solve that one but if you live in the big easy thats spook city man.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
[quote="niteboy82"] When I said something that I can't on here about G.W., there was a snickering on the line and then a click click.

why can't you talk about it here?

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
That happens in the uk if you ring a busy number and press 5. The phone auto redials the number I guess you acidently hit a button which does the same thing.

top topics

join