It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mozilla Firefox tool of the nwo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Okay, this may sound totally ridiculous (in fact I think that it's totally ridiculous), but I have heard from some people (not on the ATS boards, I mean people that I come in physical contact with) that Mozilla Firefox browser records all of the websites you visit, along with all of your keystrokes and stores them in a massive NSA database to be rooted through and disected at a later time.
I also heared that anyone who uses firefox (I'm a firefox user, by the way) is pretty much inviting being spied on while they're online.
Like I said, this sounds ridiculous, but I guess it's possible.
When I inquired about it to my friend, he said something about the little reptile/dinosaur head thing on the browser is a dead giveaway (evil reptile people stuff).
Okay, seriously, what's the deal?
Has anyone else ever heared this?
I mean, you can't track everyone on the internet, right?

I don't mean to start a bunch of nonsense, or get people up in arms, I'm just asking questions based on something I was told, please keep that in mind.
And no, I do not work for netscape or (insert web browser company here)

[edit on 2-6-2006 by wu kung]

apc

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The source code is freely available. I think a NWO hack would have been noticed.

>
why is this in space, anyway?

[edit on 2-6-2006 by apc]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Mozilla, the original browser, had a orange/black godzilla type figure as it's icon. Firefox, the newest incarnation, has, you guessed it, a flaming fox wrapped around the globe.
As APC stated, it is an entirely open source code project. That means you can grab the source code, read through it, change it, study it, print it out and paper mache with it, whatever your heart desires. If there was any NSA backdoor, somebody would have found it by now. Remember how there was a furor over the "NSA_KEY" code in WinXP around 2001? It turned out to be a harmless, tragically named line of code. My point is, those two words were hidden in thousands upon thousands of lines of code, code which was decidedly not open source. Regardless, somebody found it.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'd have to agree with the above posts on this.. I don't believe there is anything more to it. That said, as far as tracking your move on the net.. I think many people are not aware that the internet was originally a tool for the DOD and was released for public use many years ago.
I'm sure I have left a bit out.

I think it is safe to say that the makers of it still have underlying contols - possibly even protocols that we - Joe Public have no idea about and should tracking be on their agenda - regardless of your browser, it could be done quite easily.

There are many sources of info about this. Google RFC's or en.wikipedia.org...

These standards are taught and generally adhered to by IT buffs worldwide.

Though being somewhat of a skeptic, when dealing with 1 & 0's, some rules can be manipulated...

Also given our level of coding, backdoors to systems, networks etc can always be breached - DOS (denial of Service) attacks are very common in corporate arenas.

OSS

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
No but I know for a fact IE stores every website youve vistied and stores in in an index.dat which is difficult to delete for inexperienced users (and lets face it, anyone who knows anything about the net wont use IE).

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

join