It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientologist's reasoning of our spirit.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 01:43 AM
link   
While randomly reading through some cult websites I came across this statement from the website of Scientology.
Its in regards to whether we have a spirit or not.

-
If you have someone close their eyes and get a picture of a cat, they will get a mental image picture of a cat. But who exactly is looking at that picture in the mind? The answer, of course, is the human spirit itself.
-

I'm having trouble deducing whether this is a valid statement. My problem isn't whether we have a spirit or not, but rather is the reasoning in that statment valid. It's bugging me, I can't decide either way.

Interested in the collective thought of fellow ATS members on this.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 01:54 AM
link   
cares not about the deduction of the cat...
i matters more about all that is versus disrespect for all that is...

the mind creates the image for the brain,the soul stores the subjective reasoning about this image...

my opinion and my opinion only....

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I don't suggest anything regarding Scientology is worth looking into. That whole Body Thetan, Teegeeack/Xemu, hydrogen bombs stacked into volcanos stuff is too insane for me to pay attention to.

If there is a soul, which right now I am incredibly skeptical, then I suppose the soul would be what is witnessing the image within the mind. That is if souls exist. I'm far more of a proponent of the homeostasis theory that an animal body, like ours, is like a super complex machine that is incredibly hard if not impossible to repair beyond certain tolerances.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
scientology and bombs?? never herad of that one before..

i have visited their church once in curiosity and i was full of question ofcourse... the looks and bodylanguage of the people overthere when replying to my questions told me that there is some heavy spiritual devilish stuff going on.. although i must say i do thing still that first book by hubbarts is a good method and should deserve more evaluation. I guess its demonised by making a church around it.

Spot

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spot

i have visited their church once in curiosity and i was full of question ofcourse... the looks and bodylanguage of the people overthere when replying to my questions told me that there is some heavy spiritual devilish stuff going on.. although i must say i do thing still that first book by hubbarts is a good method and should deserve more evaluation. I guess its demonised by making a church around it.

Spot

you are full of S _ _ _ .
Name the place you went.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spot

Read the truth about Scientology here:

www.dulac.ca...

Yes, this is real and it is that stupid. I heard Tom Cruise went overboard after being told this because he couldn't believe the crap he was being fed either.

[Edited on 22-10-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
There is a grave difference between soul and spirit, though English and American people call them both spirit. There is a grave difference between She'ol and Gehenna, though English people call them both Hell.

What makes the soul alive is the spirit. The spirit is our mind, our thoughts and actions. On human level our bodies have one spirit, God on His level has seven holy Spirits.

The scientologist is actually correct about his discernment of the spirit. The spirit is our conciousness or what makes our bodies and souls alive. Our soul is like a book, where everything we have thought, done, said, desired, believed etc. is written down. In the judgement this book will either end up in God's library and be transformed (edited), or it will be cast on Hell/Gehenna to be destroyed in eternity never to see the light of day again.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
yeah, Scientology is pretty much garbage. I mean, really, who wants to follow a religion created by a science fiction writer? hello?

more Scientology fun here: www.clambake.org...

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius
What makes the soul alive is the spirit. The spirit is our mind, our thoughts and actions. On human level our bodies have one spirit, God on His level has seven holy Spirits.

I agree with every thing you said mikromarius, except I'm not sure where you get that God has seven holy Spirits on His level. Please explain

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by YhwhsCreation
I agree with every thing you said mikromarius, except I'm not sure where you get that God has seven holy Spirits on His level. Please explain

Rev 5:6 And I saw between the throne with the four living creatures and the elders a Lamb standing, as if slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God, sent out into all the earth.

Though I want to use this opportunity to warn everyone about the church of scientology. It's the synagogue of Satan.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

new topics

top topics

join