It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Prefigure of the Anti-Christ.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I heard an interesting thing some time ago. Often in the bible many things pre-figure or typify things that are to come. Like nearly all the prophets of the Old Testament pre-figured Christ in some way, whether it be something that happened to them or something they did. This is known as Midrash, the way the Jews originally interpreted Scripture. So with this in mind I was told that there�s was this guy called Antiochus IV who prefigures the Anti-Christ to come, who will set up his NWO. So this guy could possibly be what we can expect from the Anti-Christ. So I looked him up in a Bible Dictionary and found out who he was, found it very interesting, specifically the parts I underlined. I didn't underline all the things I saw significant, didn't want to confuse

ANTIOCHUS IV

Antiochus IV (175-164 B. C.), surnamed Epiphanes (God manifest) but called by his enemies Epimanes (madman). Antiochus IV was one of the cruelest rulers of all time. Like his father, Antiochus III the Great, he was enterprising and ambitious; however, he had a tendency to cruelty that bordered on madness. His primary aim-- to unify his empire by spreading Greek civilization and culture-- brought him into direct conflict with the Jews. This conflict broke into open rebellion in 167 B. C. Accounts of these conflicts are found in the apocryphal book of 2 Maccabees.
The revolt began with Antiochus' edict that sought to unite all the peoples of his kingdom in religion, law, and custom. The Jews were the only people who would not adhere to this edict. Antiochus issued regulations against observing the Sabbath, practicing circumcision, and keeping all food laws. These regulations were followed by the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION -- the erection of the altar of the Greek god Zeus over the altar of the burnt offering in the Temple. Jews were forced to participate in heathen festivities and were put to death if they were caught with the Book of the Law in their possession.
As the revolt, led by Judas Maccabeus, gained momentum, the people of Israel united to overthrow Seleucid domination of their land. The Syrians were routed and the Temple was cleansed on the 25th of Chislev, 165 B. C. This cleansing is now observed by the Jews as the Feast of Lights (Hanukkah), around December 25. According to ancient writers, Antiochus IV withdrew into the East following his defeat. He died in Persia a madman. Some scholars see the "little horn" of as a reference to Antiochus IV Epiphanes.
(from Nelson's Illustrated Bible Dictionary)
(Copyright (C) 1986, Thomas Nelson Publishers)

Just thought it was interesting. Curious to know what others think.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 12:56 AM
link   
and using tools such as religion, government, institutional science, and deceptive hate...
satan is going to take alot of people with him to his realm, well have fun because i try very hard to open the eyes of people but declaring someone the antichrist and forgeting about the antithesis is way backwards...

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by YhwhsCreation
I heard an interesting thing some time ago. Often in the bible many things pre-figure or typify things that are to come. Like nearly all the prophets of the Old Testament pre-figured Christ in some way, whether it be something that happened to them or something they did. This is known as Midrash, the way the Jews originally interpreted Scripture. So with this in mind I was told that there�s was this guy called Antiochus IV who prefigures the Anti-Christ to come, who will set up his NWO. So this guy could possibly be what we can expect from the Anti-Christ. So I looked him up in a Bible Dictionary and found out who he was, found it very interesting, specifically the parts I underlined. I didn't underline all the things I saw significant, didn't want to confuse

ANTIOCHUS IV

Antiochus IV (175-164 B. C.), surnamed Epiphanes (God manifest) but called by his enemies Epimanes (madman). Antiochus IV was one of the cruelest rulers of all time. Like his father, Antiochus III the Great, he was enterprising and ambitious; however, he had a tendency to cruelty that bordered on madness. His primary aim-- to unify his empire by spreading Greek civilization and culture-- brought him into direct conflict with the Jews. This conflict broke into open rebellion in 167 B. C. Accounts of these conflicts are found in the apocryphal book of 2 Maccabees.
The revolt began with Antiochus' edict that sought to unite all the peoples of his kingdom in religion, law, and custom. The Jews were the only people who would not adhere to this edict. Antiochus issued regulations against observing the Sabbath, practicing circumcision, and keeping all food laws. These regulations were followed by the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION -- the erection of the altar of the Greek god Zeus over the altar of the burnt offering in the Temple. Jews were forced to participate in heathen festivities and were put to death if they were caught with the Book of the Law in their possession.
As the revolt, led by Judas Maccabeus, gained momentum, the people of Israel united to overthrow Seleucid domination of their land. The Syrians were routed and the Temple was cleansed on the 25th of Chislev, 165 B. C. This cleansing is now observed by the Jews as the Feast of Lights (Hanukkah), around December 25. According to ancient writers, Antiochus IV withdrew into the East following his defeat. He died in Persia a madman. Some scholars see the "little horn" of as a reference to Antiochus IV Epiphanes.
(from Nelson's Illustrated Bible Dictionary)
(Copyright (C) 1986, Thomas Nelson Publishers)

Just thought it was interesting. Curious to know what others think.

Yes the Old Testament is a pre figuration of Jesus Christ and the one to come the Antichrist....

The Father is inscrutable, indescribable. But, according to the teaching of Saint Athanasius the Great, the Image of the Father is the Son, Who said, He that hath seen Me hath seen the Father ... I am in the Father and the Father [is] in Me (John 14:9-10).

www.roca.org...

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 01:27 AM
link   
are these the actions of the anti-christ...
or is the anti-christ imposed on the person who attains this degree of faith, and the seraphim change the history to make this christ body incarnate "negative"....

there have been men who have killed millions and called heroes and slept well at night, and some who kill one in self defense and can not dare blink at the atrocity committed...

top topics

join