It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hilary for Prez?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Although Hilary Rodham Clinton has not declared her run for the Presidency, the outlook of Hilary being the main rep for the Democratic Party seems to be in the future.

I personally wouldn't want her in the office, not because she's a female, but because she has hidden agendas for power. Hilary Rodham Clinton, born Hillary Diane Rodham, was raised in Illinois. After her marriage to America's beloved Bill Clinton she became First Lady of an Arkansas native. Once Billy's term was up Hilary had gone off on her own and chose NY to be her project [this woman gets around]! She had to purchase a home in NY in order to be elected as Senator, however. Once she was elected into office she now had NY backing her, if she so decides to run for President. NY, having one of the highest electoral vote counts, allows Hilary to have a nice head over any competition. From there, NY is seen as a Democratic dominate state, so Hilary will win out there.

I bring this up because I am a NY native. I want to know other peoples views on this topic. I have an open mind, but not to Hilary.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Sorry....don't see what the problem is with being career minded. What did she do wrong in your opinion?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hillary is a highly polarizing figure even among people of her own party. You either like her or cant stand her there is much middle ground from what I can tell.

If the Democratic Party gives her the nod I would bet on another Republican win shocking as that may seem given their current record.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
All i know is she stands by her man. I would have to hear her plans for our future (should we have one), and how she can get us out of this mess.
If there is a more worthy Republican, i would vote for him/her. Except Condi Rice.
None of the Bushies again. Never.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
she will say anything for a vote. Doing it is another story. I can't stand her. I'll vote 3rd party if she wins the nomination.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I got to admit -- I'm kinda scratching my head over this post.

You seem to be saying that if Hillary Clinton runs for president, and perhaps is elected, then that would make her a successful politician. And that would be a bad thing, because she has a "hidden agenda" to accumulate power.

I think most politicians try to accumulate power during their careers, so as they can progress to higher and higher levels of office. It's kind of the point of being in politics, wouldn't you agree?

By the way, some political pundits theorize that Hillary will not run for president in 08; she's apparently enjoy herself quite a lot in the Senate, and might toy with the idea of running for Senate President. That job probably is a whole lot more fun than being POTUS.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, at least for now. We still have 19 months of George W. Bush to get through.

Baack

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Personaly I do not see Hilary as a strong contender she will come last in the primaries if she runs for candidate.

Our male rule society is not ready for a woman president yet, be Hilary or Condi.

To bad realy.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Unless Al Gore throws his hat in the ring. Hillary takes the 08' election in a walk. Remember when GW called her a formidable opponent some months back. That was the initial paving statement for her candidacy. Don't get me wrong here she and Bill are rotten to the core. But she is the next President. The same voting machines that assisted GW in 04' will do the same for her in 08'. Call your offshore bookmaker now, get the good odds and make a few bucks on this charade.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Yeah, it would be interesting to see a female president. As for politicians having the goal to achieve power, I don't think all have that mindset. To me Hilary brings nothing to the table. HillDaBeast.com is an Anti-Hilary website. Now I don't neccessarily have all the same viewpoints as those that operate the site, it does have interesting info as to why Hilary is NOT fit for Pres.

...although she could be fit enough to make the Sylverster Stallone of the '80's quiver from this pic alone

And I didn't start this post to mention my political leans, nor did I want this thread to be anything else but a discussion of whether or not Hilary is fit for President. After seeing the effects of Bush in office, do you really think we need another power hungry fiend?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Its ironic. I hope she does make it as president so we can get a "feel" as to what respect a president ought to get

This would be the biggest Hillary Hoedown in town.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Its ironic. I hope she does make it as president so we can get a "feel" as to what respect a president ought to get

This would be the biggest Hillary Hoedown in town.

I'll vote for bush again before I ever vote for that trash.......the democrats better wiseup, if they dont run someone palatable to both parties, it will be another republican president.

didnt they learn this in 04?

run al gore!!!!

he has half a chance.

Id vote for him, hillary is simply too radical.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
George H. W. Bush left office after losing to a Clinton and after Billy boy left office to a Bush the two ex presidents became best of buddies. This Bush will leave office and hand it back to the Clintons CAUSE THEY ARE ALL IN ON IT TOGETHER!

But then again, Maybe my paranoia is just kicking in.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Hillary is a highly polarizing figure even among people of her own party. You either like her or cant stand her there is much middle ground from what I can tell.

If the Democratic Party gives her the nod I would bet on another Republican win shocking as that may seem given their current record.

I agree. The USA needs a leader who will bring heal the deep divisons caused by the Bush admin. Powell springs to mind but so far he hasnt shown any interest in running for the oval office.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11

I agree. The USA needs a leader who will bring heal the deep divisons caused by the Bush admin. Powell springs to mind but so far he hasnt shown any interest in running for the oval office.

Yeah who ever runs a moderate is likely going to win IMHO. People are sick of the Far-right and Far-Left. Hillary is already trying to make some moves that would make her seem more moderate but I dont think anybody is buying it.

Powel would be a interesting choice I think I would vote for him. I think he went so far as to say he would never run. I could be wrong but I think reading that his wife fears for his life if he ever ran (being the first black President) Thats sad IMHO in this day and age.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I'd love to see Hillary vs. Condi in 2008. Now that would be entertainment

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
ShadowXIX raises some interesting points.
It is sad that skin colour could still be factor in the 21 century. Powell is the peoples choice IMO he would would beat Hiliary by a wide margin. There are other issues that would effect Powell but thats another topic.

Correct me if Im wrong but didnt Hiliary support the invasion of Iraq ?
The Invasion of Iraq is the biggest political headache for the dems.
People should vote on the merit of a candidates policys rather then there sex or race.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Correct me if Im wrong but didnt Hiliary support the invasion of Iraq ?
The Invasion of Iraq is the biggest political headache for the dems.
People should vote on the merit of a candidates policys rather then there sex or race.

People should be voting based on a candidates political views, but it doesn't usually happen like that in America. Americans as a whole do not educate themselves enough on a matter -- IF they vote at all. And speaking of political views, THIS LINK will show you just where Hilary sits on the political fence: in the middle with a devilish grin as she reaches to the right, still allowing her legs to swing far left. If that confusing metaphor made sense to you, then you would know that Hilary is a Liberal who has many Conservative views. Take for instance the Patriot Act. Hilary wanted it originally, but when it came time to renew it she opposed the legislation because it did not have provisions for NY to recieve additional funding for anti-terrorism. Although, even with the additional funding for anti-terrorism, Hilary could not procure a means to have a proactive terrorism solution for NY.

[edit on 3-6-2006 by PrimaFaciFacts]

new topics

top topics

join