It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does an ultimate weapon exist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Does anyone think there is currently an "ultimate weapon" currently out there? If so, what is it and who owns it? Will we ever see anything more destructive than a nuclear/fusion/hydrogen warhead?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It really depends on what is meant by "ultimate." For one thing, the nuke is considered an ultimate weapon, yet it is also incredible messy (i.e. radiation fallout). There is so much criteria that needs to be resolved before we can search for the ultimate weapon.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
There is no such thing becuase all weapons domiante their own misssion and uses. For example the DDx is the ultimate destroyer etc.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
IMHO , we are the ultimate weapon -- we can adapt , react , plan , vary our force , select our target with reason ,

we can be feroicious and leave nothing living in our wake , Cf the defeat of the roman army @ cannae [ 60k dead in ONE day , by the sowrd ] or magnaminous and temper our violoence to spare an innocent , or punish a minor indescression [ spanking a petulant child with a single slap , rather than disembowling the rug rat
]

that ladies and gentlemen is the metric of an " ultimate " weapon

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Have you ever heard of the nuclear weapon...???

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Test: No. 130
Time: 11:32 AM 30 October 1961 (Moscow Time)
Location: Mityushikha Bay test range, Novaya Zemlya Island (located above the arctic circle in the Arctic Sea)
Test Height and Type: Parachute retarded airburst, 4000 m altitude
Yield: 50 Megatons
nuclearweaponarchive.org...

At 50 Megatons you don't need to hit your target, getting close counts.

But any nuke can seriously screw up your day.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
undecided2 asked, " Does anyone think there is currently an "ultimate weapon" currently out there? "

ignorant_ape replied, " IMHO , we are the ultimate weapon -- we can adapt , react , plan , vary our force , select our target with reason. "

I have to agree. We, humans, are the ultimate weapon - thus far.

We have risen from the swamps and the oceans and the seas to become the most dominant of the animal species.

From the discovery of fire; and I consider this to be the most important discovery in man’s inventory, to nano-technology, deep sea and space exploration, man has overcome extraordinary odds and conquered all.

We have learnt to overcome and are working to, eradicate several new
fatal diseases but have yet to learn how to use our brain or how to unleash its awesome power.

We can alter the human gene, we fully understand DNA and are studying the RNA.

We are able to alter the human embryo to prevent babies being born with defects or disease and are closer to cloning a human being.

By taking that final step, we will become the ultimate weapon. But by doing so, we will be sowing the seeds of our own destruction.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
my opinion is that not "we" are the ultimate weapon...our minds are!
it's all about how you youse your mind,what are your dreams and stuff...bad people are crazy high intelligent...that are the ultimate weapons.
or have you ever seen someone "good-minded" build a bomb?

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Felii
my opinion is that not "we" are the ultimate weapon...our minds are!
it's all about how you youse your mind,what are your dreams and stuff...bad people are crazy high intelligent...that are the ultimate weapons.
or have you ever seen someone "good-minded" build a bomb?

Actually, yes I have. Several goodly men making (you don't build a bomb) several bombs.

My mate Terry F. An excellent explosives man..........about the best in the world with a music cassette and a shoe box;

My mate Gonzo............a Wizard with PE8 and electric dets;

My mate Rustler..............brilliant with LEDs and PIRs, not to mention Dusty.

Dusty is no longer with us. He was killed when an explosive device he made detonated after some twat shot at us, whilst we were preparing dems to destroy a guerrilla made water obstacle that was preventing a village from getting water to its fields.

So yes my friend. I have seen "good-minded" men making bombs.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'm SURE I read on the internet somewhere that CHUCK NORRIS is THE ultimate weapon.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Besides our mind, any weapon that can turn matter into energy can be considered the "ultimate weapon"... scary stuff.

[edit on 6/3/2006 by Masisoar]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
In the destructiveness category, nuclear wins. But how a super duper mega nuke is gonna help you rescue hostages in a confined room? The ultimate weapon depends on the situation in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I was reading about a cobalt bomb at aboutfacts.net . This bomb is a nuke but what H did for U ,increasing out put 10x. The Co bomb is supposed to increase out put 10x also. I'd say thats pretty damned ultimate.(if not ultimate,Impressive)
To ignorantape; Lets hope Dubya doesn't read this and decide to start dropping people out of our billion $$ B-2s.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a bomb or a something that explodes and causes mass damage and a lot of people to perish.Like a biological attack if the chemichal is released in the air can kill thousands or millions.That proves that militaries are useless.It can be used in any country.And made in any lab at home.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The ultimate weapon isn't that of the tool, but the user who commands the tool.

There is no true ultimate weapon, but we as humans are pretty damned close.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

Test: No. 130
Time: 11:32 AM 30 October 1961 (Moscow Time)
Location: Mityushikha Bay test range, Novaya Zemlya Island (located above the arctic circle in the Arctic Sea)
Test Height and Type: Parachute retarded airburst, 4000 m altitude
Yield: 50 Megatons
nuclearweaponarchive.org...

At 50 Megatons you don't need to hit your target, getting close counts.

But any nuke can seriously screw up your day.

And the Tsar was designed to yield 100MT, while it was only tested at 50MT.

For Ultimate weapon, I would say that most likely the ultimate weapon in existence is a biological weapon.

If you develop one thats highly contagious with a short halflife and have an antidote or the needed measures to contain it in the target area, you can decimate every living thing in that area, or just every human being in that area, wait for the halflife to pass and go in to take the area.

Biological weapons are banned and frowned upon, but I'm pritty sure that they are and have been activly developed.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
We arnt exactly a weapon.. a weapon is a tool used to bring destruction..

Now for ultimates? I dunno really what we got but I know what would be awesome:
Robotic Multi gunned kittens >.>
People would never suspect the neighbors kitten help a warhead to explode when you go into his house while hes away to steal his TV... again >.>

Or a line of robotic kittens mowing down the enemys who can just look at awe of how awesomely ironic it is to be killed by something so fluffy...

Ok I had my moment

But really Metal Storm is a pretty good weapon shooting a lot of rounds real fast without any moving parts and can be fitted to most anything with a tube.. meaning most weapons we have

Works also as a multi nade launcher and the bigger things can make a sonic "Spear".. so if that helps ya there ya go something really powerful with many used so it could be considered ultimate

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Until we have discovered how to manipulate electromagnetism to react with some sort of nuclear reaction or something to that effect, we won't really have the ultimate weapon.

Honestly I think nerve agents are about as ultimate as you get. #'s vicious.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
When science has the ability to extract more positrons in the proton accelerators they could create an ultimate positron (antimatter) bomb. It explodes with 100% efficiency compared to thermonuclear bombs at 1.5%. Now that is some difference. AAC

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
CHUCK NORRIS is the ultimate weapon

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join