It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything is a Conspiracy!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'm starting a general post, rather than replying the same way to numerous subjects already out there.

Come on people, do you believe half the stuff posted to this site? I honestly think there are people out there that think EVERYTHING that happens is tied to some kind of conspiracy. I admit, I believe there are some shady "government" things that have happened throughout history, but come on folks! Do you honestly believe the U.S. government orchestrated 9-11, Katrina, the tsunami, the alien cover-up? The list is endless. My question to all of you is: Why? What does the government have to gain? Control? Control over what? We remain free citizens (contrary to popular belief).

Before you guys go completely nuts, I want to say I really enjoy the website and it does make me wonder from time to time. All I'm saying is there are some pretty far-fetched theories out there. Let the beatings begin!

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
i don't believe everything is a conspiracy, but look up the word conspiracy, and tell me that word does not describe alot. conspiracy as a word has been used to label things, so everyone thinks when you mention the word conspiracy, that you mean conspiracy theories. these two have two different meanings.
people like you probably go around thinking that all conspiracies are conspiracy theories, which they are not.
on here we are trying to get at real conspiracies, if you do not think there are conspiracies you must never speak to anymore, never have any contact with anyone in your life.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I agree with undecided2. And if you look, he didn't say that there are no conspiracies, but that people tend to associate everything with som evil group trying to forward som agenda, which it just isn't so, no matter how hard you want to believe it is.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Not everything is a conspiracy but almost everything posted HERE is because people tend to post conspiracy theories on a website based on conspiracies. Wacky, I know.

This is like going to chritianitytoday dot com and complaining that everything there is about Jesus.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccidentallyOnPurpose
Not everything is a conspiracy but almost everything posted HERE is because people tend to post conspiracy theories on a website based on conspiracies. Wacky, I know.

This is like going to chritianitytoday dot com and complaining that everything there is about Jesus.

Just because there is a theory that something is/was a coverup, or an evil plot, or whatever on this site doesn't mean that it is true, which is what I believe the problem boils down to. I've posted this several times, but I'll post it again. Just because someone says something doesn't mean it is true. I disagree with most theories, not all, on here, but if people are willing to do a little research and not just post what someone else heard frome so and so, I'll debate them on it (and take their evidence into account), if not, there is no use wasting my time on something that they won't listen to (one reason I got out of almost everything dealing with 9/11, too many people who only claim "so and so claims this so it is obviously a plot by Bush).

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Everyone has a right to post what they want. Whether they've done the research or not (or posting it here to get some opinions and feedback) is their problem. If in their own little universe it makes sense then they can write about it here.

If you beleive that you're wasting your time reading their posts, then you can simply choose not to do so.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I beg to differ with you. ATS has cracked many cases in the past, and we will be cracking more in the future.
Is it our fault if this world is full of underhanded liars? I guess, were it not for them, we'd be bored.
Thay give us plenty to do.
Not everything is a conspiracy, though. I'll give you that.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I too am amazed that every thing is considered a conspiricy.... it's like the US and intelegence and freedom of information. You usually see most of the article black-inked on much of the released documents, and if by blanketing 'everything' the US government does as secret, to foil those seeking information , then it becomes just a tool, and if everythings secret, then Nothings secret. A government so afraid of it's citizens that it goes to these measures, is truely not a government but instead a tyrany hiding wrongdoings and subtrefuge's

new topics

top topics

join