It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does this happen...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
How come whenever someone finds out that I'm jewish they have to make such a huge frigging deal about it! I say something that suggests that I am and everyone is all "OMFG" and makes a huge fuss. Why does it even matter. I mean it isn't something that bothers me that much since A lot of worse things are said to me to that effect but why would the average person have to mak a huge deal out of it. Little things in large numbers hurt people. For me it is more of a heritage thing than a faith thing anyway.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Most likely, it just never occured to them and when they find out, they wonder why they didn't know before. And they're probably fascinated. Curious. Do they say, "I didn't know you were Jewish"! That means they're curious about it.

I could never tell what Jewish people looked like or what Jewish names were... It just wasn't part of my consciousness. When people would say something like, "Well, that guy's obviously Jewish" I was like, "he is? -- ok"

I wasn't educated on it, it was just outside the realm of my experience.

A few years ago as Christmas approached, trying to be sociable, I asked all the guys at work if they were ready for Christmas. Some nodded, some said yea, some said no, but my boss didn't say anything. He acted like he didn't hear me. So I said, "So, Don, you got your tree"? That's when he informed me that he was Jewish.

Oops...

And what did I say? "I didn't know you were Jewish"!

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
But people go and spread it around as if its such a huge rumor and controversy... I mean they go around like the carl (a guy i know... really hyper... fast runner) on crack and yell it out... It's just stupid.

new topics

join