It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart secret facility

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
My wife brought this article to my attention, thinking that perhaps it warranted
some attention from this forum. Any thoughts?

www.joplinglobe.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Its the gulag where they keep all the employees of the ma n pa stores they put out of business.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Reading the article, sounds like it could be some sort of Data Storage facility, on all the customers

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

TextIts the gulag where they keep all the employees of the ma n pa stores they put out of business.

Amazing. My roomate works at Wal-Mart and we affectionately refer to it as "The Gulag".

I mentioned this post topic to him before having read anything, and he immediately replied "Oh - you mean Bentonville?"

Interesting....I wonder how much he REALLY knows....

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It's just up the road from me so I wonder if I could sneak in

Speaking of, Wal-Mart is holding its stock holders convention this week and those damn Moonies are all over the place here. Thousands of them in the street in their blue and white vests cheering for more corporate greed. Its a cult I tell ya, a cult.

wupy

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
That's interesting Wupy, I had no idea there were Moonies connected to WalMart. Why is that, do you know?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
the secrecy is to protect their ideas from the competition.

the purpose is very simple;

In April 2005, Wal-Mart used the 160,000-square-foot Supercenter to demonstrate its micro-merchandising capabilities as part of a media conference. Employees demonstrated hand-held Telxon (pronounced Tel-zon) computers, which resemble hand scanners but hold a year's worth of a particular store's sales history on every item. The devices help store managers decide what to stock.

predicting buyer behaviour is important to any retailer, especially one as larger as walmart.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   

...a building that Wal-Mart considers so secret that it won't even let the county assessor inside without a nondisclosure agreement.

OMG WTF BBQ!! talk about messing with the wrong crowd! Who they think they are, the NSA? I hope Wal-Mart get bitch slapped so hard that they are forced to move the building some place else, that will teach em. "Get off my lawn!"

[edit on 2-6-2006 by ufia]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Americas greatest succest story and Americans hate it. I guess I don't understand the hate other than lazy people who want welfare instead of work.

mikell

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Try working there sometime on the floor crew and trying to pay rent, car payment, insurance, food and phone bill on your salary alone.

You'll see what we're getting at after a few months.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
That is a lot of data they store there. It is kind of freaky if they have that much info on all the customers.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Not only have they cut back on personel and wages, but our Supercenter recently scaled everyone who was full time back to part time to do away with the benefits
package, I'm sure there were exceptions, but a lot of people probably lost their insurance.

I worked there for 8 months after leaving another job for personal reasons. Luckily I landed one where I make twice the money and have good benefits. I almost feel guilty when I see some of my old co-workers, most of whom were
extremely hard working, good people. The morale there is unbelievably low,
even though the manager is one of the nicest guys you could meet. He was very understanding when I left there and told me I was welcome back if things didn't
work out with the new job, so this isn't sour grapes or "laziness" talking.

[edit on 2-6-2006 by staver]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Maybe it's the infamous WalMart war room that they always cry about on WakeupWalmart.com.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
the only way to destroy walmart is to kill the heart,which is located somewhere in the tv electronic section

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Wal-Mart is an active part of the NWO plan. Wal-Mart is your "new world order store" to be . Your "One World Store". The nwo supercenters will have everything you need for daily life all in one place. Probably a 1/4 mile by an 1/8th mile each. They will be owned, of course, by the One World Government and its appointees.

I dont think theres any stopping this, fellas.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   
"Since then, Ferguson said, changes have been made to increase the integrity of the structure. The data center was designed with backup generators, fuel on site, and room and board for a skeleton crew in the event an emergency required an extended stay."

what such emergency will a supermarket chain be needing a skeleton crew in a bomb proof bunker?

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korsyn01
what such emergency will a supermarket chain be needing a skeleton crew in a bomb proof bunker?

I have no idea why a supermarket chain would need all of that. I am really curious what is so important that they would need that much protection.

Maybe they have a bunker full of Tivo's in case of an emergency

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Because the Walton family lives here. Say WWIII breaks out, They run to the bunker with family and kids and they have a crew there to continue as their maids and butlers. If I had that much money i'd build something like that for my family.

On second thought, i'd build one for myself

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Because the Walton family lives here. Say WWIII breaks out, They run to the bunker with family and kids and they have a crew there to continue as their maids and butlers. If I had that much money i'd build something like that for my family.

On second thought, i'd build one for myself

In one of my former jobs I got to work on the estate of a prior US embassador to england. His estate in NY had a vintage 1950's bomb shelter they showed me, and the sheets pillows and everything still had the original wrappers on them. They are much more common than you would think.

and 9/11 taught every business in the world the value of disaster recovery systems

[edit on 3-6-2006 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by staver
My wife brought this article to my attention, thinking that perhaps it warranted
some attention from this forum. Any thoughts?

I wouldn't be surprised if this facility had two purposes. One:aforementioned as a data storage and processing facility. And two: A security bunker for Wal-mart's corporate elite. It may sound far-fetched, but IMO, I bet quite a few mega-corporations have such security facilities in the U.S. and abroad.... Where else would all those Blackwater guys working security in the U.S. be holed up?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join