It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It will start like this !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Former CIA analyst and Presidential advisor Ray McGovern say's the Iran war will start like this !

Staged terror attacks in Europe and in the United States in the next few weeks linked to Iran or the Iranian backed terrorist group Hammas.

McGovern say's the U.S has one Aircraft Carrier task force in the Gulf at this time and two more are expected to arrive in the next week.

I don't have the data on the carrier task forces in the Gulf, but if this is true with the Allied forces in Iraq and Afgahanistan this should more than enough airpower to bring Iran to the nuclear talk table in order to stop production of WMD's.

I guess time will tell. We are into the first week of June now so McGoverns prediction of faked terror attacks should start soon? I hope he is wrong !

Former CIA Analyst Says Iran Strike Set For June Or July
McGovern: Staged terror attacks across Europe, US "probable" in order to justify invasion.

www.infowars.com...

Former CIA analyst and Presidential advisor Ray McGovern, fresh from his heated public confrontation with Donald Rumsfeld, fears that staged terror attacks across Europe and the US are probable in order to justify the Bush administration's plan to launch a military strike against Iran, which he thinks will take place in June or July.

Mod Edit: No Quote – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Yep, the "capital shots fired - blair arrest" threads are covering a possible interception of a fake terror event... (involving trains)

also dont miss the "rockets for free" thread... about a certain train, that had a full load of missles... just sitting there... all by its lonesome, abandonded on track in an urban work zone... no security around it...

alert citizens (an ATS user in fact) brought this to our attention... and after reporting it to a local military installation... a helicopter promptly showed up, with side guns, to circle and protect the train from "threats"
it appears the news media in the area, had been hushed on the situation...

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The current Naval deployments are here.

I think it is interesting that virtually every conspiracy theory about a war with Iran and the West starts with Iran attacking first, while the conventional theory crowd is convinced the US will attack first.

From a historical perspective, does that seem backwards to anyone else, or is it just me?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
also dont miss the "rockets for free" thread... about a certain train, that had a full load of missles... just sitting there... all by its lonesome, abandonded on track in an urban work zone... no security around it...

On that note, we also showed on a railway map that this train could very well have been headed to the D.C. area. It was the Norfolk Southern Railway. There was something incredibly strange about those missiles being left unattended. Scary actually, though I think that the "Do Not Drop" warning was somewhat funny.

Well, this is a vigilance that we must keep whether there are/aren't terrorists, depending on what any of you believe. There is still a threat, whether from home or abroad, that we need to keep tabs on as ordinary people. I do however, find the recent events to be somewhat suspicious, all in all.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It never turns out like you suspect it should.

I think Bush will launch a pre-emptive ICBM at Iran, but it might not go critical because the US nukes are so old and run down. Iran will retailiate by flattening Israel. N Korea will likely join in the fun and Nuke China. China will threaten the US with an embargo for starting the whole thing. And Russia will sit back and watch it all on CNN.

Ok, thats a bit of a strech.
I do think Bush has an itchy finger on the ICBM button though.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

in.sports.yahoo.com...

BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany's Federal Crime Office (BKA) believes at least 21 matches during the soccer World Cup will be at high risk of terrorist attacks, a magazine reported on Wednesday.

Millions and millions of people are going to visit the World Cup, which will take place all over Germany. It will be broadcasted in almost every single country around the world.

The question you may ask yourself is whether it would influence the German government's decision making policy on joining a coalition against Iran.

The USS Enterprise is probably heading for the Gulf (currently: Red Sea), the USS Reagan is on a trip/excercise from the Persian Gulf to the Indian Ocean, which allows it to be back in the Gulf area within days. The FS Charles de Gaulle is over there.

Summary, carriers near or in the Gulf area:
Carriers:
USS Enterprise (Red Sea)
USS Reagan (Indian Ocean)
FS Charles de Gaulle (Persian Gulf)
HMS Illustrious (May - Indian Ocean)
HMS Bulwark (Persian Gulf)

Furthermore, many other French, and British ships are deployed in this area at the moment, mainly (stealth) frigates and air-defense destroyers.

The major difference between Afghanistan, Iranq and Iran is that Iran has a military capable to do actual harm. Afghanistan and Iraq did not have such a military, which meant the US government could set ultimatums and give warnings.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see a surprise attack within weeks, the deployment and concentration of carriers and air-defense destroyers hasn't been so big in while.

I haven't been able to find any other carriers currently deployed in the Gulf, but if you have, please state them.

What I actually wonder for quite some time is why Israel never sends soldiers to countries 'we' protect them from. Or am I wrong? Does anyone know the reason for it?

We neither should forget the attack on the USS Liberty. Too many signs indicate it was not just an accident. As the Washington Post wrote in the days after the ''accident'': ''Sailors of the USS Liberty often waved their hands to bypassing Irsaeli fighter planes, but suddenly there was one that opened fire''

Another question you may ask yourself is whether you believe it when another US ship/carrier will be hit by an ''Iranian'' missle.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Possibly what sets this off could be a Gulf of Tonkin incidence?

Lets say a ship gets to close to Iran and the Iranian Navy shoots a missile or two, and one hits or sinks a tanker or even possibly they get lucky and hit a USN vessel.

Good scenario for an excuse to start the fight. I could see that happening !

The World Cup getting attacked from a so-called Iranian terrorist, I don’t think this would fly because Iran is soccer crazy just as bad as the Europeans.

Possibly the World Cup could get hit by AQ and OBL but the Iranians no, I don’t think that could be pulled off.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong

... There was something incredibly strange about those missiles being left unattended.

... I do however, find the recent events to be somewhat suspicious, all in all.

??a set up?? trying to flush out the wouldbe weapons merchants?

all those missile crates most likely had GPS beacons on them, & their location was constantly monitored (imho)

then again, i would suspect that those armaments weren't ready to go, right out of the box...there likely is a fuse device to arm them or any number of other safeguards to protect the weapons from being accidently activated!
a knowledge or protocol or expertise or maybe something like a PIN code
might be the only way to make the 'unguarded' weaponry useful to a terrorist.
and only a daily code book with crypto codes is yet another failsafe & available only to those privy in the chain of command.

keep plugging away...

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
What I actually wonder for quite some time is why Israel never sends soldiers to countries 'we' protect them from. Or am I wrong? Does anyone know the reason for it?

You already know the answer to that one:

Imagine ISRAELI forces in a position of enforcement (power) over Muslims or Arabs? How well do you think a brigade of Israeli troops patrolling Mosul would go down in the Arab world? About as well as a box of pork ribs.

And this is why the USA was so absolute in 91' about Israel not striking back at Iraq when they got hit by scuds. The Middle Eastern uproar would have been catastrophic.

Keeping Israeli soldiers out of Islamic and Arab nations is the smartest thing any western coalition can do.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1

The World Cup getting attacked from a so-called Iranian terrorist, I don’t think this would fly because Iran is soccer crazy just as bad as the Europeans.

I didn't aim at an Iranian terrorist attack, but the major attention the event gets would be a perfect opportunity to make us all aware again of the actual terrorist threat we pose. People rely more than ever on their leader in times of danger.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

You already know the answer to that one:

Imagine ISRAELI forces in a position of enforcement (power) over Muslims or Arabs? How well do you think a brigade of Israeli troops patrolling Mosul would go down in the Arab world? About as well as a box of pork ribs.

And this is why the USA was so absolute in 91' about Israel not striking back at Iraq when they got hit by scuds. The Middle Eastern uproar would have been catastrophic.

Keeping Israeli soldiers out of Islamic and Arab nations is the smartest thing any western coalition can do.

Yes, this was already on my mind, but I was more thinking in terms of logistical supply, military equipment, the use of commandos, local intelligence, base engineering etc.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I haven't been able to find any other carriers currently deployed in the Gulf, but if you have, please state them.

Ya that link I gave in earlier in the thread will run it down for you.

Basically:

The Kitty Hawk and Lincoln are at sea in the Pacific, while the Eisenhower, Washington, Roosevelt, and Stennis are all armed and loaded, either surge capable or working up for it.

June will be a rare moment in time regarding international Naval deployments. The US has Pacific exercises planned all summer long though.

It should also be pointed out that the F-22As are forward deployed for the first time.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   

in.sports.yahoo.com...

BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany's Federal Crime Office (BKA) believes at least 21 matches during the soccer World Cup will be at high risk of terrorist attacks, a magazine reported on Wednesday.

Millions and millions of people are going to visit the World Cup, which will take place all over Germany. It will be broadcasted in almost every single country around the world.

The question you may ask yourself is whether it would influence the German government's decision making policy on joining a coalition against Iran.

Any group of persons staging an attack at the world cup is either very, very smart, or very, very stupid. Scratch that. They’re absolutely suicidal.

Think about it, this is the WORLD cup. Many, many nations will have nationals there; any type of attack there would immediately alienate the group who did it without any doubt. The fallout would be catastrophic. They would literally have the world against them.

I don’t even think the 'powers that be' would be stupid enough to stage a faked terrorist attack there... every nation with citizens affected would be on the case and there is no-way it could stay covered up for long.

No terrorist group is stupid enough. As much as I hate to say it, I wouldn’t put it passed Bush Co. though. Consequently, however, there would be a gaping wide hole in the façade – enough for everyone to stick their heads through and have a good look at what actually went down.

new topics

top topics

join