It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HSSC - Michael Sherbert Gets the Girl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
this is rough draft. I'm going to go over it work on continuity. I'm not sure why i did in first person but im to lazy to re cast it as third person. Any critiques are welcome, by u2u or otherwise. Sorry no ATS members made the cut

(3021 words)
-------------------------------

"Michael Gets the Girl"

I woke up at three in the morning. I shivered because, in a neat little patch, the skin over my heart was sweating profusely. My space heater burned out. The god-forsaken Dorm Administration never bothered to replace the aging heating system. Much like their refusal to replace aging tenured teachers.

My name was Michael Sherbert. And Alexis was, and still is, my beloved.

After I spent a moment in reverie over Alexis, I went to the communal bathroom to wash up. I washed off the patch of sweat quickly and, at twenty two years of age, I started to check my balding hair line. While youthfully tousling my hair I noticed a streak of gray on my left bicep. At first I was relieved because I couldn't emotionally accept gray hair combined with premature balding, but my apphrension grew when I examined the spot. The gray streak was actually a thick gray hair neatly embedded in my bicep. A spot of puss surrounded the intersection of hair and flesh.

More out of habit, I looked around before I popped the hair like a pimple. I cleaned up the area and applied disinfectant, just in case. Afterwards I went to bed and tried to think only of Alexis. I did not dream that night.

My eyes opened up late Monday morning. I tried not to fart in the clothes that I slept in, so I would be presentable for class. I scrambled out of bed and put my Calculus book in my backpack. I ran out the door and made it to class on time.

"Hey Sherbert, you look tired. Did you have a lot of work for Lit. 666?" Mike said with a laugh. He always teased me about being tired all the time because I was in a graduate Literature class.

"Nah. I went skiing with your girlfriend this weekend," I joked.

Mike frowned and said, "Hey man, that's not cool." I grinned because he was sensitive about his girlfriend. He paused for a moment and asked, "Hey, was there any work due?"

I told him no and looked up as Samuel, my other friend, walked in. We exchanged hellos and started a small conversation about nothing in particular. Mike lost interest and chatted up some exchange student. [I suspect he was trying to sell more drugs for his college education] Class started shortly after and I went to work being a good little student. I took notes and struggled with the notion of derivatives and limits. I did not take math seriously because I was smart enough to be placed in graduate literature class.

Out at lunch I spotted my beloved, the one true Alexis. I had known her for a while and made a point of talking to her every chance I saw her. She was unaware of the many subliminal overtures I made. But I still retained a marvelous sense of adventure trying to entice her. She was eating a tofu sandwich and I was carrying a donut, so I decided to join her.

"Hey, Sherbet. You caught me at the end of my lunch. How was Calculus?" asked Alexis. Cutting me off before I could reply, she asked, "Can I have a bite of that donut?"

"Oh sure, no problem," I said as I handed her my whole donut, "Calc was fine but I was more worried about the word "donut" and its Indo-Euproean ancestry." I grinned.

"Huh? Oh yeah I'm sure your lit class is tough. Actually, wait, hold on a second." she said as she quickly checked her watch. Looking down she said, "I have to go, sorry about that." She looked up and I shivered as our eyes met. Like the hind and hunter, except I wasn't sure who was which. I said, "Sure," and watch her go off. Alexis wasn't that pretty but my infatuation existed in the mental sphere.

I finally took notice that it was fall on my way back to the dorm. Leaves were trapped in the cracked gray pavement and the seasonal chill had settled in. I was reminded to get new shoes while hiking up stairs because a draft of air came through my right sole. It was probably my meeting with Alexis but I noticed more details. Or, perhaps, there were more details to notice. I puzzled over that thought after I shut the door to my dorm room.

I made myself a nice screwdriver and sat down, facing my open closet door. While I reminisce, I picked my nose and sipped my cool drink. I tried to think of insignificant ways I could help out Alexis. When I realized I met her coming out of Calculus I started to think of ways I could help myself. I would not pass this semester if I failed Calculus.

I wiped my hands off with a tissue and tossed it into the trash can by my closet. I horribly missed. The wad of tissue went straight into the closet. I stood up and suddenly paused. My arm left bicep tingled in time to my heart beat. I was unaware of the patch of sweat that leaked through my shirt. I walked towards the closest and it came closer to me. I bent over and extended my arm past the frame, beyond the entrance. I closed my eyes.

And opened them a brief period later. For several moments I did not conceptually understand my surroundings. My mind entered a maelstrom. I thought, "My name is still Sherbert and Alexis is still my love." I recited the mantra-like thought. I battled to re-anchor my personality. My enemy was directly unseen. Glimpses from the corners of my eyes only hinted at a presence. My teeth chattered as paranoia dashed my head from left to right. My left arm no longer worked so I forced my right fingers into my chattering mouth. My teeth penetrated and brought blood. The pain shifted my attention. I tried to crawl off my bed as my personality regrew and took command. I fell onto the floor and the physical shock recovered my senses. I laid still, winded and dazed.

I opened my eyes again and took a deep breath. Except for my bed, the dorm room was still orderly. I crawled around my room, while trembling, and checked every corner. Nothing. As I crawled in bed, I noticed that the closet door was almost closed. It was just slightly open, like the space between puckered lips, inviting seductively. I gropped around for my unfinished screwdriver and found it. I drank it in a brash gulp and slept soundlessly.

My electronic rooster went off the next morning. I got up and poured a small shot of vodka. I gurgled the shot and sucked it down, which killed the need to brush my teeth. Grinning and humming, I changed my clothes. I gathered my things and left the dorm on time.

I sat down next to Sam and he said, "Hey Sherbet you look kind of funky. You been doing to much work or something?"

"No. Just a lot of thinking. I didn't get any work done last night, so you know..." I trailed off. I had a feeling Sam was up to something. He wore an obnoxious red shirt.
"Well, hey look, you want to go to some foreign flick tonight. I think Alexis is going."
"Hey man, I'm a flock and she's a shepherd." I chortled at my random cleverness.
"What? Oh wait I get it. I'll take that as a yes." He paused for a moment and examined me. I became worried that Sam saw the enemy, out of the corners of his eyes.
"I'm not your mom or anything but maybe you should take some time off, you know," Sam said with some concern.
"Don't worry about it. I'm going with you guys tonight, anyway. It'll be fun," I half-heartedly enthused. Sam nodded in agreement and prepared for class. I passed seconds by marveling over his bright red shirt. What kind of idiot was this guy anyway? A friend of mine, I guessed. The teacher walked in, Sam looked up sharply, and class began without further ado.

With class completed I walked towards the park I previously met Alexis. I spotted her, she waved, and I trotted over. She had a bag of donuts and two cups of coffee. I sat down on her bench and gave her a toothy grin. I opened my hands in a gesture to receive. She smiled and handed me a coffee cup.

"I brought some donuts because I ate your donut yesterday, like a pig."
"Ah, don't worry about," I said as I munched on a donut. There was a pause as we watched some kids play soccer.
"Is there one team playing over there, or three?"
She laughed and said, "I doubt there's even a team. At that age it's all one on one."
"Yeah." I paused, thinking of what to say next. "Well anyway, what foreign flick are you seeing tonight?"
"Oh. It's The Blue Rabbit, by Pierre. It was made ten years ago."

I prodded her about the movie. The Blue Rabbit was about a single mother growing up in depression era Paris. It was unique not only for its social perspective but also for the blue diamond lens cap that was used to film it. The lens cap was brought by some Hollywood bigwig this year. He funded a free local showing and included free popcorn. We changed subjects and talked a little bit about math and life in general. It was the best damn coffee I'd ever had. We exchanged goodbyes half an hour later. I promised to be at the movie tonight.

After I ate out at a cheap restaurant I went home to get ready. Sitting down, I remembered that no homework had been done. Not really caring I stripped down to my underwear and got a towel. I wrapped the towel around my waist and gathered clean clothes to take with me to the shower. I walked towards my door when I stopped. I had forgotten something, but I did not know what it was. I was hit with the scent of seduction.

I set my stuff down and decided to check out my closet one last time. I reasoned it wouldn't take long and I was going to the movie in an hour anyway. Later I recalled my feet moving in an awkward sequence, impelling me toward. My visual sequence was choppy with microsecond gaps. I caught myself thinking that this wasn't a good idea. But my next visual snapshot was just within the closet.

I woke up several hours later, laid out on my bed. My towel was spread over me. I was dazed but comfortable. Savoring the moment, I stayed there. Like a thief squirreling details into my memory, I subconsciously recalled hidden facets of corners and hollow walls. For a moment I simply was, primal existence and no more.

I threw off my towel to discover if my awareness included my skin. As the towel came off I saw patches of sprouted gray hair on my inner thighs, right bicep and chest. My breathing was constricted by fear. My joints were pebbled with warts. A test of my left arm reveled that I was double jointed. I rolled off the bed and painful hit the floor. I started to push myself off the floor but in horror I realized that my legs were bending backwards to push me up. I collapsed again, from weakness and blacked out.

I woke up again and rushed to the shower room. I tried to wash off the hair with some left over soap found in the stall. The patches became slicked and clumped together. In desperation I jumped out of the stall and ransacked the janitors closet. I found a rough bristle brush and hurried back to the shower. There I scrubbed my hairy patches and my joints. The pebbled warts resisted but the hair came out easily. They slid out individually and pus circles welled to the surface. I scrubbed my body over and over.

After I got out of the shower and ran to my dorm room naked I sat down and checked my phone messages. There was one message and it was from Alexis. At first she was angry but as she realized her anger she became enraged. There was a lot of profanity at the end. I started to worry she might hit me the next time I saw her. I threw the phone against the wall. I picked the phone back up and checked for a dial tone. I dialed Alexis' number and waited. After three rings I left a message. It started out pretty good but descended into mumbling about a closet and patchy hair. She would clearly think I lost my mind. At the end I was shrieking into the receiver. I threw the phone back on the floor and yanked out the cord. After setting the alarm, I made myself comfortable and slipped out of anger into sleep.

The walls vibrated and a loud buzzing went off. Rolling out of bed for the third time, I threw some clothes on. Gradually I made my way to class, without an idea of why. Nobody took notice of me on the street and once I got to the classroom I sat in back. Sam came in but didn't recognize me. The teacher came in shortly after and started lecturing. I thought about passing a note to Sam but I didn't have any materials with me. So I did the next best thing, in the middle of class:

"Hey Sam!" I shouted, over the professor. The whole class froze and the teacher dropped his chalk. There was a moment of silence as Sam slowly turned around, looking from side to side.

"Oh my god. What happened to you."
"# that. Look. Call Mike. I need some drugs that'll depersonalize me. Got that?"
Sam paused for a moment. Some students got up and left. The teacher was on his cell phone talking to someone.
"Yeah sure, dude. No problem," Sam tittered.

I got up. Before I could leave the classroom Sam said that Alexis had a really fun time at the movies. I waited to see if he had anything else to say. The teacher tried to stop me but I shrugged him off and left.

When I got home I checked my messages. Mike called me and I called back, telling him to come over. I figured if I needed to remove my psyche from in order to make it through the door frame. Laying down on my bed, I started to count the pits on my ceiling. Some time later there was a knock on my door.

I opened the door and Mike said, "I got you some killer stuff man. Since you're my friend the first take is always free."
Mike came in and sat down. I said, "That's pretty generous of you." I held out my hand.
"Hey man, hold up, I got to tell you how to take it. You have to mix it in water and wait for five minutes or so."
He paused and laughed. "I got some freshmen kid on this stuff and he's still a customer!"
"That's real sweet Mike. Just give me the # and get out of here." Mike left.

I got some sink water from the bathroom and mixed it up in the bathroom. I drank it on the way back. After sitting down for five minutes I noticed my finger nails shaking. And then I realized my hands were shaking. I already knew this was a mistake. But I had to find out what was behind that closet. I walked towards the closet door.

As I passed the entrance way my entire body started to tingle. My sight was limited by the little light streaming in, around my body. I walked further and found a heap of body parts on a floor of sticky fibrous ooze. I examined a clean arm, a torso and two legs. Each body part matched one of mine that had tufts of hair in it. I moved closer to prevent the floor ooze from congealing. A loud hissing sounded and I was hit hot steaming ooze. Terrified jumped and hit a wall. More hissing sounded and I realized that a sticky ooze now covered the door way to the closet. The light was muted and gray. I looked up.

A hideous shape, barely revealed was attached to the ceiling. The muted light hinted at a vaguely human spider monstrosity with legs that spread over the ceiling and onto the very tops of the walls. Clutched somehow in an mess of arms, the beast worked feverishly on my leg. Shocked, I realized that it had rebuilt my body parts, one by one.
Screaming, I flung myself against the webbing barrier. Struggling and pitifully, like an insect, I sought to free myself. Hot sticky ooze pelted my back and I quickly became emeshed. The thing slowly began to chew on my face, running my nose first. Strangely the experience was shared felt simultaneous pleasure and pain. I was merging. Then all was black.

Something called me.

"Sherbert? Are you here?"
"Hey look, Alexis, I don't see anyone so I'm going to call the police. You stay here okay?"
"Okay. He might come back or something"

I reawoke, looking down at the floor of the closet. I could smell Alexis. The resident assistant left the room. I could hear Alexis walking around, rifling through my things. She was talking to herself, almost crying. She beat the bed a couple of times. She cared about me more than I knew, perhaps?

She approached the closet. I smiled in anticipation. She called out, and began to walk through the entrance way. She hit the floor with a slump and I descended. I hugged her with sticky ooze and slowly consumed her.

In the end, Michael got the girl.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It's 10pm EST time before halloween, so I would figure that it's okay for me to post an edited ver. I was going to edit my original version, but I'm just going put the edited verison to prevent disqualification (if).

---------------

?Michael Gets the Girl?

I woke up at three in the morning. I shivered because, in a neat little patch, the skin over my heart was sweating profusely. My space heater burned out. The god-forsaken Dorm Administration never bothered to replace the aging heating system. Much like their refusal to replace aging tenured teachers.

My name was Michael Sherbert. And Alexis was, and still is, my beloved.

After I spent a moment in reverie over Alexis, I went to the communal bathroom to wash up. I washed off the patch of sweat quickly and, at twenty two years of age, I started to check my balding hair line. While youthfully tousling my hair I noticed a streak of gray on my left bicep. At first I was relieved because I couldn't emotionally accept gray hair combined with premature balding, but my apphrension grew when I examined the spot. The gray streak was actually a thick gray hair neatly embedded in my bicep. A spot of puss surrounded the intersection of hair and flesh.

More out of habit, I looked around before I popped the hair like a pimple. I cleaned up the area and applied disinfectant, just in case. Afterwards I went to bed and tried to think only of Alexis. I did not dream that night.

My eyes opened up late Monday morning. I tried not to fart in the clothes that I slept in, so I would be presentable for class. I scrambled out of bed and put my Calculus book in my backpack. I ran out the door and made it to class on time.

"Hey Sherbert, you look tired. Did you have a lot of work for Lit. 666?" Mike said with a laugh. He always teased me about being tired all the time because I was in a graduate Literature class.

"Nah. I went skiing with your girlfriend this weekend," I joked.

Mike frowned and said, "Hey man, that's not cool." I grinned because he was sensitive about his girlfriend. He paused for a moment and asked, "Hey, was there any work due?"

I told him no and looked up as Samuel, my other friend, walked in. We exchanged hellos and started a small conversation about nothing in particular. Mike lost interest and chatted up some exchange student. [I suspect he was trying to sell more drugs for his college education] Class started shortly after and I went to work being a good little student. I took notes and struggled with the notion of derivatives and limits. I did not take math seriously because I was smart enough to be placed in graduate literature class.

Out at lunch I spotted my beloved, the one true Alexis. I had known her for a while and made a point of talking to her every chance I saw her. She was unaware of the many subliminal overtures I made. But I still retained a marvelous sense of adventure trying to entice her. She was eating a tofu sandwich and I was carrying a donut, so I decided to join her.

"Hey, Sherbet. You caught me at the end of my lunch. How was Calculus?" asked Alexis. Cutting me off before I could reply, she asked, "Can I have a bite of that donut?"

"Oh sure, no problem," I said as I handed her my whole donut, "Calc was fine but I was more worried about the word "donut" and its Indo-Euproean ancestry." I grinned.

"Huh? Oh yeah I'm sure your lit class is tough. Actually, wait, hold on a second." she said as she quickly checked her watch. Looking down she said, "I have to go, sorry about that." She looked up and I shivered as our eyes met. Like the hind and hunter, except I wasn't sure who was which. I said, "Sure," and watch her go off. Alexis wasn't that pretty but my infatuation existed in the mental sphere.

I finally took notice that it was fall on my way back to the dorm. Leaves were trapped in the cracked gray pavement and the seasonal chill had settled in. I was reminded to get new shoes while hiking up stairs because a draft of air came through my right sole. It was probably my meeting with Alexis but I noticed more details. Or, perhaps, there were more details to notice. I puzzled over that thought after I shut the door to my dorm room.

I made myself a nice screwdriver and sat down, facing my open closet door. While I reminisce, I picked my nose and sipped my cool drink. I tried to think of insignificant ways I could help out Alexis. When I realized I met her coming out of Calculus I started to think of ways I could help myself. I would not pass this semester if I failed Calculus.

I wiped my hands off with a tissue and tossed it into the trash can by my closet. I horribly missed. The wad of tissue went straight into the closet. I stood up and suddenly paused. My arm left bicep tingled in time to my heart beat. I was unaware of the patch of sweat that leaked through my shirt. I walked towards the closest and it came closer to me. I bent over and extended my arm past the frame, beyond the entrance. I closed my eyes.

And opened them a brief period later. For several moments I did not conceptually understand my surroundings. My mind entered a maelstrom. I thought, "My name is still Sherbert and Alexis is still my love." I recited the mantra-like thought. I battled to re-anchor my personality. My enemy was directly unseen. Glimpses from the corners of my eyes only hinted at a presence. My teeth chattered as paranoia dashed my head from left to right. My left arm no longer worked so I forced my right fingers into my chattering mouth. My teeth penetrated and brought blood. The pain shifted my attention. I tried to crawl off my bed as my personality regrew and took command. I fell onto the floor and the physical shock recovered my senses. I laid still, winded and dazed.

I opened my eyes again and took a deep breath. Except for my bed, the dorm room was still orderly. I crawled around my room, while trembling, and checked every corner. Nothing. As I crawled in bed, I noticed that the closet door was almost closed. It was just slightly open, like the space between puckered lips, inviting seductively. I gropped around for my unfinished screwdriver and found it. I drank it in a brash gulp and slept soundlessly.

My electronic rooster went off the next morning. I got up and poured a small shot of vodka. I gurgled the shot and sucked it down, which killed the need to brush my teeth. Grinning and humming, I changed my clothes. I gathered my things and left the dorm on time.

I sat down next to Sam and he said, "Hey Sherbet you look kind of funky. You been doing to much work or something?"

"No. Just a lot of thinking. I didn't get any work done last night, so you know..." I trailed off. I had a feeling Sam was up to something. He wore an obnoxious red shirt.
"Well, hey look, you want to go to some foreign flick tonight. I think Alexis is going."
"Hey man, I'm a flock and she's a shepherd." I chortled at my random cleverness.
"What? Oh wait I get it. I'll take that as a yes." He paused for a moment and examined me. I became worried that Sam saw the enemy, out of the corners of his eyes.
"I'm not your mom or anything but maybe you should take some time off, you know," Sam said with some concern.
"Don't worry about it. I'm going with you guys tonight, anyway. It'll be fun," I half-heartedly enthused. Sam nodded in agreement and prepared for class. I passed seconds by marveling over his bright red shirt. What kind of idiot was this guy anyway? A friend of mine, I guessed. The teacher walked in, Sam looked up sharply, and class began without further ado.

With class completed I walked towards the park I previously met Alexis. I spotted her, she waved, and I trotted over. She had a bag of donuts and two cups of coffee. I sat down on her bench and gave her a toothy grin. I opened my hands in a gesture to receive. She smiled and handed me a coffee cup.

"I brought some donuts because I ate your donut yesterday, like a pig."
"Ah, don't worry about," I said as I munched on a donut. There was a pause as we watched some kids play soccer.
"Is there one team playing over there, or three?"
She laughed and said, "I doubt there's even a team. At that age it's all one on one."
"Yeah." I paused, thinking of what to say next. "Well anyway, what foreign flick are you seeing tonight?"
"Oh. It's The Blue Rabbit, by Pierre. It was made ten years ago."

I prodded her about the movie. The Blue Rabbit was about a single mother growing up in depression era Paris. It was unique not only for its social perspective but also for the blue diamond lens cap that was used to film it. The lens cap was brought by some Hollywood bigwig this year. He funded a free local showing and included free popcorn. We changed subjects and talked a little bit about math and life in general. It was the best damn coffee I'd ever had. We exchanged goodbyes half an hour later. I promised to be at the movie tonight.

After I ate out at a cheap restaurant I went home to get ready. After I sat down I realized that now homework had been done. Not really caring I stripped down to my underwear and got a towel. I wrapped the towel around my waist and gathered clean clothes to take with me to the shower. I walked towards my door when I stopped. I had forgotten something, but I did not know what it was. I was hit with the scent of seduction.

I set my stuff down and decided to check out my closet one last time. I reasoned it wouldn't take long and I was going to the movie in an hour anyway. My feet advanced in an awkward sequence, impelling me toward. My visual sequence was choppy with microsecond gaps. I caught myself thinking that this wasn't a good idea. But my next visual snapshot was just within the closet.

I woke up several hours later, laid out on my bed. My towel was spread over me. I was dazed but comfortable. Savoring the moment, I stayed there. Like a thief squirreling details into my memory, I subconsciously recalled hidden facets of corners and hollow walls. For a moment I simply was, primal existence and no more.

I threw off my towel to explore the tactile awareness of my skin. As the towel came off I saw patches of sprouted gray hair on my inner thighs, right bicep and chest. My breathing was constricted by fear. My joints were pebbled with warts. A test of my left arm reveled that I was double jointed. I rolled off the bed and painful hit the floor. I started to push myself off the floor but in horror I realized that my legs were bending backwards to push me up. I collapsed again, from weakness and blacked out.

I woke up again and rushed to the shower room. I tried to wash off the hair with some left over soap found in the stall. The patches became slicked and clumped together. In desperation I jumped out of the stall and ransacked the janitors closet. I found a rough bristle brush and hurried back to the shower. There I scrubbed my hairy patches and my joints. The pebbled warts resisted but the hair came out easily. They slid out individually and pus circles welled to the surface. I scrubbed my body over and over.

After I got out of the shower and ran to my dorm room naked I sat down and checked my phone messages. There was one message and it was from Alexis. At first she was angry but as she realized her anger she became enraged. There was a lot of profanity at the end. I started to worry she might hit me the next time I saw her. I threw the phone against the wall. I picked the phone back up and checked for a dial tone. I dialed Alexis' number and waited. After three rings I left a message. It started out pretty good but descended into mumbling about a closet and patchy hair. She would clearly think I lost my mind. I shrieked into the receiver and threw the phone against the wall. After setting the alarm, I made myself comfortable and slipped out of anger into sleep.

The walls vibrated and a loud buzzing went off. Rolling out of bed for the third time, I threw some clothes on. Gradually I made my way to class, without an idea of why. Nobody took notice of me on the street and once I got to the classroom I sat in back. Sam came in but didn't recognize me. The teacher came in shortly after and started lecturing. I thought about passing a note to Sam but I didn't have any materials with me. So I did the next best thing, in the middle of class:

"Hey Sam!" I shouted, over the professor. The whole class froze and the teacher dropped his chalk. There was a moment of silence as Sam slowly turned around, looking from side to side.

"Oh my god. What happened to you."
"# that. Look. Call Mike. I need some drugs that'll depersonalize me. Got that?"
Sam paused for a moment. Some students got up and left. The teacher was on his cell phone talking to someone.
"Yeah sure, dude. No problem," Sam tittered.

I got up. Before I could leave the classroom Sam said that Alexis had a really fun time at the movies. I waited to see if he had anything else to say. The teacher tried to stop me but I shrugged him off and left.

When I got home I checked my messages. Mike called me and I called back, telling him to come over. I needed to block my psyche to pass through the door frame. Laying down on my bed, I started to count the pits on my ceiling. Some time later there was a knock on my door.

I opened the door and Mike said, "I got you some killer stuff man. Since you're my friend the first take is always free."
Mike came in and sat down. I said, "That's pretty generous of you." I held out my hand.
"Hey man, hold up, I got to tell you how to take it. You have to mix it in water and wait for five minutes or so." He paused and laughed. "I got some freshmen kid on this stuff and he's still a customer!"
"That's real sweet Mike. Just give me the # and get out of here." Mike left.

I got some sink water from the bathroom and mixed it up in the bathroom. I drank it on the way back. After sitting down for five minutes I noticed my finger nails shaking. And then I realized my hands were shaking. I already knew this was a mistake. But I had to find out what was behind that closet. I walked towards the closet door.

As I passed the entrance way my entire body started to tingle. My sight was limited by the little light streaming in, around my body. I walked further and found a heap of body parts on a floor of sticky fibrous ooze. I examined a clean arm, a torso and two legs. Each body part matched one of mine that had tufts of hair in it. I moved closer to prevent the floor ooze from congealing on my shoes. A loud hissing sounded and I was hit hot steaming ooze. Terrified jumped and hit a wall. More hissing sounded and I realized that a sticky ooze now covered the door way to the closet. The light was muted and gray. I looked up.

A hideous shape, barely revealed was attached to the ceiling. The muted light hinted at a vaguely human spider monstrosity with legs that spread over the ceiling and onto the very tops of the walls. Clutched somehow in an mess of arms, the beast worked feverishly on aleg. Intimate familarity revealed it to be my leg. Shocked, I realized that it had rebuilt my body parts, one by one.

Screaming, I flung myself against the webbing barrier. Struggling and pitifully, like an insect, I sought to free myself. Hot sticky ooze pelted my back and I quickly became emeshed. The thing slowly began to chew on my face, running my nose first. Strangely the experience was shared felt simultaneous pleasure and pain. I was merging. Then all was black.

Something called me.

"Sherbert? Are you here?"
"Hey look, Alexis, I don't see anyone so I'm going to call the police. You stay here okay?"
"Okay. He might come back or something"

I reawoke, looking down at the floor of the closet. I could smell Alexis. The resident assistant left the room. I could hear Alexis walking around, rifling through my things. She was talking to herself, almost crying. She beat the bed a couple of times. She cared about me more than I knew, perhaps?

She approached the closet. I smiled in anticipation. She called out and began to walk through the entrance way. She hit the floor with a slump and I descended. I hugged her with sticky ooze and slowly consumed her.

In the end, Michael Sherbert got the girl.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Nice ktprktpr....great story.

regards
seekerof

join