It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A cheap trick called astrology

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LAES YVAN
Gravity is a force that is still unexplainable to the human race. It is invincible, and has properties that we can NOT reproduce... Gravity attracts everything, and contains properties that are mysterious. To say a Doctor has its own gravitational pull is DUMB. The doctor had nothing more than a bit of Kinetic Energy.

While gravity does have properties we cannot artificially reproduce, we can explain them. Not all of them, but a lot of them. Therein lies the difference.

Now, anything that has mass has gravity. In fact everything in the universe has mass (with the exception of photons, and even that is debatable), which means that you, myself, and even the doctor would have some sort of gravitational influence.

It's simple physics, really. So I would highly suggest that before you go off calling other people's very good examples dumb, you should do your homework to avoid further embarrasing situations such as this one for yourself.

And its not JUST gravity that effects our birth, there are also other invisible unthinkable energy's at work.

So they are invisible? Okay, I'll buy that. After all, light is technically invisible. But unthinkable? Well, if they're unthinkable, how can you think that they exist and have some influence over us? Doesn't that kind of make them... thinkable?

Also, many peoples readings can be wrong because some people are born on CUSPS. I for one was born on March 21st. March 21st is on a cusp , a cusp is a situation where your sun sign is in transition from one sign to the next. I was born between Aries and Pieces. So I have the attributes of both a pieces and aries person.

Is that so? Well, the astronomy of that date begs to differ. The following images are large, so as to not disrupt the flow of the thread, I'll just link to them. Firstly, let's see where the Sun was on that date of this year.

March 21, 2006

There we can see, clearly, that the Sun was in Pisces. Now let's take a look at 50 years ago and see where the Sun was.

March 21, 1956

Uh oh... Again, It was clearly in Pices. So it doesn't seem like you were born on one of the cusps afterall. Does that still mean you have "attributes" of someone born undr Aries? Of course it does - But only because the "attributes" of people given for the different signs are so vague that if you choose to believe it applies to you, it will.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
cmdrkeenkid,

Excellent work. Nothing like putting a smart aleck in his place!

You have voted cmdrkeenkid for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Harte

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
in england there is a paper called "the sun" and the lady who does their horoscope can sometimes be very freaky!! im not saying its right or anything, but sometimes its been weird! just my imput!

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Mommy's alright, Daddy's alright, they just seem a little weird.
Surrender, surrender, but don't give yourself away, ay, aaaaaaaay.

I thought you said it was a cheap tri--- . . . Ooops. Never mind. Wrong thread.

I agree with Gemwolf's original point. It is basically a rosarch test (you know, the inkblots) that is used by a professional. He or she holds it up to you. and you look at it like you would into a mirror, seeking some kind of confirmation for who you thought you are already.

Not really very useful to the NSA when considering Osama's horoscope:

"you're funloving and kind, but tend to hold grudges. Your physical weakness resides in the liver, so be careful of your diet. Try to focus your energies on activities that bring joy to those around you, and don't get caught up in solving problems when you are trying to spend time with family. Spiritually, you are the quiet center at the heart of the storm . . . ."

So, how to attack him based on that?

I will confess to trying to manipulate a girl's horoscope, for ulterior motives. (It wasn't Frau Dr., but it DID work . . .)

The surprising thing is, if there is some kind of low-grade telepathy that some people pick up on, I suspect that is why some personally-cast horoscopes seem hauntingly accurate--the psychic, or merely subconscious, ability to notice important details about a person, and work them into your "horoscope"

I don't think personality inventories are scientific or accurate either. Yet in the hands of a gifted HR person, they can be a useful tool for looking at possible conflicts.

But on the whole, no. It's a big racket.

My grandfather was a "water witch" and could dowse for wells, which he did to augment his income. He used an old pair of rusty plyers, which would jump out of his hands when he was over the pipeline, or subterranean well, or what-have-you. Anyone watching him work could tell that the magic was in the man, not the plyers. He used it on his own farm, when no one was particularly looking, so I'm fairly confident he believed even when he wasn't being paid.

I think "authentic astrology," when it occurs, is a lot like my grandpa's plyers. Not a thing you can really manipulate or control, just a tool for focusing your instincts.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
Seriously people...

Why in the world do you think astrology works?!
Here's a pretty funny website that explains astrology and exposes it for what it really is, a blatant scam.

Astrology = $+up1d

Lol dude I love it. Astrology is bs. Tarot Cards are bs. And so it, palm reading.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join