It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British police shoot terror suspect.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Update
The names of the two that were arrested,
as stated by the MI5 infiltrated BBC, are:

Abdul Koyer and Abdul Kahar, both British but of Bangladeshi origin.

Additional Update
5 minutes after stating the names, one of them changed to Abdul Jalal the other remained as Abdul Kahar, although the presenters never made any reference as to why the name changed.

And with regard to the BBC being infiltrated and used by MI5, yeah probably.

Why would it be any different here relative to the big news corps in the US.

[edit on 2-6-2006 by Koka]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Is it standard procedure to implement a four day air exclusion zone over an area in which events like this have taken place?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
Is it standard procedure to implement a four day air exclusion zone over an area in which events like this have taken place?

Not sure, I never heard that.

It was reported on the BBC that there had been a 5 mile exclusion zone put in to place which also mean't that no craft were allowed below 2,500ft, I assume this was to ensure there were no media helicopters.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hmmm, four days. I read on 'Ceefax', I think, that it came into force at 12 midnight last night. Quote taken from near the bottom of the article -

BBC

The Civil Aviation Authority says an air exclusion zone has been set up over east London and will be in place for four days.

I wonder why four days exactly. Maybe it's the standard thing now.

CX

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Four days is just how long it will probably take to go through that place with a fine tooth comb. They don't have a standard "so many days" exlusion, it's just enough to get the job done thoroughly and get out.

CX.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Is the implementation of an air exclusion zone standard practice when events such as these occur?

Not fishing or anything like that...genuinely don't know the procedure adopted when things like this happen.

An air exclusion zone makes it sound serious. I've never heard of one mentioned before today.

CX

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Actualy, i'm speaking from a while ago with that comment, things may have changed but it sure is unusual to impliment a no fly zone over the area. Maybe if there was still terror subjects in the house still but not once they are out.

I guess it gives the authorities free reign to do what they have to do in order to give the most dramatic story to take the spotlight off the mess Blairs goverment is in at the mo.

CX.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join