It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British police shoot terror suspect.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Police wearing protective clothing (bio/chem protection) have shot a man in a terror raid in London. One man has been arrested and the area is still cordoned off.

Breaking News
Updated: 08:46, Friday June 02, 2006

A man has been shot by police in an anti-terror raid in east London.

The suspect, who has not been identified, has been taken to hospital.

Police officers in protective clothing had moved into the address in Lansdown Road, Forest Gate, as a "precautionary measure".

Source: www.sky.com...

Sky News is saying that one man was arrested, yet they say the man shot during the raid is now in hospital and one guy was arrested and is now in custody at a central London police station, most probably Paddington Green as it's the normal one where terror suspects go being the most secure. If my maths is correct that makes two right? That is if they arrested the guy they shot?

The details are still coming on this.

CX.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I wonder what could've happened that warranted shots to be fired.

CX

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Sky News reporting a few more details at the moment.

1. It's now being reported that it was raid on a suspected bomb factory, however the bomb squad are not present and the streets have'nt been cleared? They are saying this could mean that there were bio/chem ingredients at the property and not explosives, hence the protective clothing.

I find it hard to believe that after intelligence that is a bomb factory at the property, that the police would'nt go in with the bomb squad on standby?

CX.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Well thets hope they dont screw it up like they did with that Brazilian guy.
I wonder what was the terrorist plans and target?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The BBC are covering it right now.

It seems they have had this house under surveillance for a while. I wonder why they only just decided to take action now?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Oh i forgot,

Blair is low in the polls and the focus has been on his Government, especially the problems in the Home Office.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   
A very interesting statement just made by the BBC, is that the suspects who lived in the raided house were Bengali.

Bengalis come from East India and Bangladesh and are predominantly Hindu.

Personally, I believe the BBC have a tendency to speculate on anything and everything if they are not being given official statements.

In fact its quite hilarious watching the BBC's reporter trying to put words into the mouths of some of the people they interview, just so they can sensationalise this.

I guess there is no other news around the world as the BBC News 24 channel is only broadcasting live coverage of police standing around the end of the street where the raid took place.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Ermm...Skynews are going live on this, BBC are not the only one's. BBC is state controlled, they will support anything to give Blair a boast.

Its a nice way of stopping all the attention on Blair and his government

Prescott is having a drilling in the press, now with this happening, the Deputy can rush back to Number 10 and show us that he is good at his job and can run the country while daddy Blair is in Italy

[edit on 2-6-2006 by infinite]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
250 officers and only 1 arrest.

What a joke.

I couldn't agree with you more Infinite, BBC is exactly that state controlled. As for prescott his political career is dead there's no saving it now

I still can't believe that it needed 250 officers for 1 arrest.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I don't think we need to get into a debate about which news coverage is more accurate especially if the alternative is run by Murdoch.

It is more than obvious that whatever the source, you still have to read between the lines.

With hindsight, it is easy to critisize the police for over policing this operation, but I do have to agree that IMO, 50 officers would be more than enough to have covered all bases and raid the house which would still leave some left to hang around looking useless.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nikolaos2030
250 officers and only 1 arrest.

What a joke.

I couldn't agree with you more Infinite, BBC is exactly that state controlled. As for prescott his political career is dead there's no saving it now

I still can't believe that it needed 250 officers for 1 arrest.

yep i worked for the bbc, and i always got the impression that the intelligence services in england run that organization(i.e bigwigs with lots of power). glad someone agrees

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
yep i worked for the bbc, and i always got the impression that the intelligence services in england run that organization(i.e bigwigs with lots of power). glad someone agrees

Everyone knows that

MI6/MI5 agents have admitted to having contacts and agents in the BBC. Thats why smears appear in the media about ex agents who speak out.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Everyone knows that

MI6/MI5 agents have admitted to having contacts and agents in the BBC. Thats why smears appear in the media about ex agents who speak out.

wish i knew it before i worked for them. the lifes never been the same since.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Everyone knows that

wish i knew it before i worked for them(not everyone knows that). my lifes never been the same since. also got the impression they did not like irish people there. wish it was public news before i worked for them.

[edit on 2-6-2006 by andy1033]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Infinite, you would be very suprised at the amount of people that laugh and scoff at me when I say anything such as MI5 agents in the BBC or any news agency for that matter. I have seen a few who raise eyebrows but thats about it.

It's not like we can do anything about. In fact there might possibly be an MI5 agent on ATS, however. I wouldn't really know, would make for some interesting news though.....

[edit on 2/6/06 by Nikolaos2030]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nikolaos2030
Infinite, you would be very suprised at the amount of people that laugh and scoff at me when I say anything such as MI5 agents in the BBC or any news agency for that matter. I have seen a few who raise eyebrows but thats about it.

It's not like we can do anything about. In fact there might possibly be an MI5 agent on ATS, wouldn't that make for interesting news.....

Nikolaos2030 - yep totally agree, you just have to think, the bbc probably has places in most countries of the world, so would be a good cover.

withregard to one being on ats, probably. they would like to sturr up trouble. i wonder how many different divisions of military intelligence there are in england, we only know of two.

but like i said, i was very naive going to work for the bbc, the worst decision of my life. those people are bad news - period. but being the media every one thinks there are great.

[edit on 2-6-2006 by andy1033]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Nikolaos2030 - yep totally agree, you just have to think, the bbc probably has places in most countries of the world, so would be a good cover.

Very good cover indeed. Go anywhere in the world and say your from the BBC. They'll know who you are.

withregard to one being on ats, probably. they would like to sturr up trouble. i wonder how many different divisions of military intelligence there are in england, we only know of two.

More likely just lurking to make sure nothing sensitive pops up.

but like i said, i was very naive going to work for the bbc, the worst decision of my life. those people are bad news - period. but being the media every one thinks there are great.

Not everyone.

Sure everyone watches and takes in what they say but I doubt for one minute that everyone believes it all.

I do think this thread is going slightly off topic now. Lets try and stick to the subject at hand.

[edit on 2/6/06 by Nikolaos2030]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Im suprised the lack of knownledge on MI5 involvement in the BBC.

BBC is pro-Britain and has been accused of being extremely biased towards Israel and Iraq aswell.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Im suprised the lack of knownledge on MI5 involvement in the BBC.

BBC is pro-Britain and has been accused of being extremely biased towards Israel and Iraq aswell.

yep the bbc is very pro british, when i worked there they seemed to be very anti irish.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
just updating:
200 police waering chem warfare sutits raid 46/48 lansdown rd forest gate east london, under terror laws.
two men arrested one shot now in royal london hosp in whitechaple non life threating.
the other male arrested at the house is under arrested at undisclosed police station.
the shot male works for royal mail.
IPCC investingating the shooting?
the arrested men are believed to be brother not confirmed.

the raid carried out at 4.am and PM was aware prioir to this going ahead.
was part of a long ongoing surveilence project which lead police to move on the two suspects, believe to be chemical weapons of some sort|

top topics

<<   2 >>

join