It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea AXF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Here is a picture showed South Korea Advanced Heavy fighter project. This project looks like some project out of China J14 early
external image
I think this project is more realistic because it come from S.K. This country do something more deal with concrete matters.

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Title Font Correction.

[edit on 2/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Sorta looks like my ATS-1.

Coincidence, dang.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The tail of your ATS-1 is much rounder...

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
It's the Raptor gone RUSSIAN!

Well maybe not. It just looks Russian cuz of the canards. You know, I always wondered what the Raptor would look like with canards. And here we are! Are the intakes the same as the Raptor, or are they different?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
they would have to be diff from this angle due to the carnards. it would flaten the top out on the intake. that is if they are at all simaler.

Also emile can you provide any sources for your information I'm having troubling find information on this model.

[edit on 2-6-2006 by Canada_EH]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkpr0
It's the Raptor gone RUSSIAN!

Well maybe not. It just looks Russian cuz of the canards. You know, I always wondered what the Raptor would look like with canards. And here we are! Are the intakes the same as the Raptor, or are they different?

Isn't it south corean...???

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Its a sexy planes. It seems that the US is losing the sexy plane contest.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha
Its a sexy planes. It seems that the US is losing the sexy plane contest.

No, it’s a sexy MODEL of a plane. The full size version doesn’t exist and may never exist.

The F 22 does exist.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Why has it got AIM-7 Sparrow AAMs on the wingtips?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
beacause they are many AIM-7 missile, and only 120 Amraam...

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Sorry, can you please explain what you mean ny that.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Airazor
beacause they are many AIM-7 missile, and only 120 Amraam...

Quoi? Il y a beaucoup d'AMRAAMs. Les AMRAAMs sont plus nouveaux, mais l'USAF a fait beaucoup des missiles. Ils sont mieux que les autre missiles. Aussi, 120 est un designation, ce n'est pas quantité industrielle. Désolé si ceci fait le petit sens, je ne suis pas très bon à parler de français.

I hope this makes a little more sense for you.

[edit on 6/2/2006 by Darkpr0]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
sorry, My fault. It is Taiwan that are 120 AIM-120 amraam not the south Korea.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Wow, if this plane does get built I will be really impressed. But I think that it will just turn out as another cool idea. South Korea has been upgrading and recieving F-15s. Also with the strong U.S. force on the NK boarder (more troops there then in Iraq and Afgahnistan), I dont think that SK needs a new plane. When F-22s get posted in Alaska, theyll be close enough to step into SK anyway.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Nice Looking Jet.

Be interested to see what the inlet depth looks like. Those nozzles look to be F404 class at least but the fuselage depth is much more symmetrical than on the Raptor which means the the inlets are going to be somewhat short (unless they are, as with the Super Hornet, depressed well below the bottom of the fuselage).

The inlet chines are also a bit of a puzzle as either they are flat in-line with the wing LE or bend down to it. The former will create all kinds of downstream effects blanking the roots. The latter will further compress the inlet trunk line.

The canopy is interesting. Most new designs appear to favor a return to a frameline, both to help achieve birdstrike hardening and give the pilot a canopy bow reference point. This one does not, either fore or aft and is further more quite huge. Indeed, given the absence of direct hingepoints, I have to assume it is at least as long as the F-15 canopy with buried actuators somewhere just ahead of the rear breakline. That makes for a VERY large opening factor in terms of how high the rear must push to get the front up enough to clear the pilot. Almost makes me wonder if it's a side-opener.

The nose also is...interesting. Lacking the traditional rounddown just ahead of the canopy, it looks like it has an enormous radome for an 'A' type airframe but is, IMO, too long for good vortice control off the tip and over the canopy top. View ahead during tracking may also be compromised. I would probably shrink this by about 20-30 percent and/or move (a smaller) canopy further forward. It is also surprising not to be able to see a targeting FLIR anywhere.

The outboard missile is not a sparrow, IMO. Wingspan is too short for anything but a RIM-7E type and the fin:nose and radome lines are also off. It is equally unusual that the inboard weapon seems to have AMRAAM-like tails but is so very long (maybe it's a HARM representative?). I'm chalking it up to inexperienced ordnance modellers. Inboard of that appears to be a Harpoon or similar class weapon and inboard of that, a Storm Shadow or JASSM. Together, that's about 400+800+1,300+2,500 lbs or 5,000lbs per wing which suggests that either they expect an /enormous/ amount of reserve thrust with an attack load or those engines are in fact closer to being the F404 of the T-50 than the F414 or even F110.

If, as the ventral tiprail suggests (a very tall stance for a midwing airframe inhibiting lateral loading ala F-16) that faceted piece is a further weapons bay door enclosure, inboard, the resulting total weapons load (similar to the JSF say 4X400lb AAM or 2X 2,500lb JDAM) will be nothing short of tremendous, for class. Around 16,000lbs.

Unfortunately, a little free scaling off the pilot suggests a mere 42-45ft airframe length and together with the internal fuselage volumetric design compromises on the weapons bay and the short coupled canards, this suggests that fuel may be rather light for a twin. Possibly as little as 10,000lbs. Particularly if the ROKs want an exportable 'attack' airframe and one which can hostage the DPRKs behavior to Bejing's survival (what effective organic stealth on the peninsula is really all about), they need more gas.

The aft fuselage frankly bothers me. You've got two fairly chunky nozzles with minimal vertical ruling or 'nacellization' tapering to control boattail factors and the vertical stabilizer mounts don't speak to really good structural carrythrough on what looks to be simple fuselage ringframes with little vertical compression/torque loading support structure inside the tight volume. The nozzle design (stepped petal:fuselage fairing) speaks to a possible TVC mode but frankly the clearance planes between the pair and the total endbody/tail interactions just doesn't look well thought out or integrated, especially for a potential LO application implicit to the rest of the airframe's planform alignment and fuselage separation. I'm reminded of the backend of a Foxbat for some reason.

Overall? It looks like a Rafale gone to LO finishing school. And flunking.

KPl.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This is looking more credible by the minute. Two vids of tests:

The designation seems to be KFX-201

Config looks a lot like F-22:
www.add.re.kr...

Canard config similar to picture originally posted by Emile: www.add.re.kr...

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Thats korean KFX program. Models shown on pictures are configuration KFX-101 (looks like F-22) and configuration KFX-201 (shown on emile´s first picture). Both aircrafts only looks huge, but they are only a bit bigger than F-16. This program is pressed by korean national defence labolatories with lobbing from Boeing. Boeing has agreement to participate in development if it receive go-ahead. On the other side KAI (Korean Aerospace Industries) want to cancel KFX and are promoting an alternative - F-50 which is fighterized modification of T-50/A-50. I am writing article about Asia´s stealth fighters, but a lot of other work and not enough time....

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
More pictures of KFX-201

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It's not a very well thought out model. The weapons bay is too far back so the engines can only be a couple of meters long. That would mean it has no afterburner which seems unlikely for a fighter.

Otherwise it looks good

top topics

join