It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights Of Templar

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar

I asked my granpa this.

some state "grand lodges" do not recognize Prince hall lodges because PH lodges allow the lodge master to collect money from his office. Thus technically making them for-profit institutions, and destroying their claim to non-profit status.

In regular masonry, the master swears he will not profit a penny from being the boss of the local lodge.

So PH lodges aren't regular, and a regular mason cannot trafic withthem.

Sorry Bruh,

That is incorrect. The whole issue about "recognition rites is about accepting the African Lodge 459 Charter. Prince Hall F&AM's WM do NOT accept monies for their office. I have been to many a Prince Hall GL or Lodge meeting as well as for Mainstream meetings. With some differences not much is different in how their officers conduct themselves in a masonic year.

POTS

[edit on 22-6-2006 by African459]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by Nygdan
Wouldnt' those two organizations be irregular, rather than clandestine? That other page i cited states that the clandestine ones haven't recevied a charter, but irregular ones have a charter but are 'in error' (ie, heretical no?)

In general Masonic usage, "clandestine" and "irregular" are synonyms, and are used interchangeably. For example, my Grand Lodge considers the Prince Hall Affiliation to be clandestine, even though they have charters. The point really isn't in the possession of a charter itself, but whether or not the charter is legitimate.

How is that so?

Question, does your GL have their original charter? have you seen it?

www.ugle.org.uk...

[edit on 22-6-2006 by African459]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tylerdjp
In my State ,Prince Hall is recognised, but Black brothers cannot join a " non
Prince Hall" Lodge.

Er, what? In your state the organization is institutionally racist???

believe that our Prince Hall brothers have obeyed the dictates of Grand Lodge

Are you saying that blacks can't become members of non-PH lodges, OR that peopel in PH-lodges can't join regular masonry, without a 'ceremony' of 'healing' or some such? I have heard where a person in an 'illegal' or unrecognized masonic organization has to be 'healed' first to join regular masonry.

So is it becuase they are black, or because of jurisdiction?

[edited to correct italics code -nygdan]

[edit on 12-6-2006 by Nygdan]

No one can/should join a lodge that does not have a valid working charter of its GL body.

Clandestine made orgs tend to develop off of a Business Lic. in order to operate then from there produce false charters to grow. People un educated about the order will not know the difference right off not until after they have been partied to these clubs or groups. hoodwinked.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
plato + island + treasure

Atlantis.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by African459

Wouldnt' those two organizations be irregular, rather than clandestine? That other page i cited states that the clandestine ones haven't recevied a charter, but irregular ones have a charter but are 'in error' (ie, heretical no?)

In general Masonic usage, "clandestine" and "irregular" are synonyms, and are used interchangeably. For example, my Grand Lodge considers the Prince Hall Affiliation to be clandestine, even though they have charters. The point really isn't in the possession of a charter itself, but whether or not the charter is legitimate.

How is that so?

www.ugle.org.uk...

My Grand Lodge is on that list, but I didn't see anyone's charter listed there.

Regardless, my Grand Lodge exists as the result of a merger of an Antient Grand Lodge and F&AM Grand Lodge. The same is true of the UGLE.

The F&AM GL in my jurisdiction was chartered by the Premiere GL of England in the early 1700's, with the Athol Grand Lodge of England chartering an Antient GL here just a few years later. Of course, these were provisional charters, and both GL's declared independence along with the colonies.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by African459

How is that so?

www.ugle.org.uk...

My Grand Lodge is on that list, but I didn't see anyone's charter listed there.

Regardless, my Grand Lodge exists as the result of a merger of an Antient Grand Lodge and F&AM Grand Lodge. The same is true of the UGLE.

The F&AM GL in my jurisdiction was chartered by the Premiere GL of England in the early 1700's, with the Athol Grand Lodge of England chartering an Antient GL here just a few years later. Of course, these were provisional charters, and both GL's declared independence along with the colonies.

Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania
www.pagrandlodge.org

Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania
www.princehall-pa.org *******

******That would be me

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Templars. Knights Templar.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
the knights templars were a reigious group of fighting monks which evloved after the first crusade. they promised to defend king solomens temple and guard the pilgrims making their trek from europe to the holy land.the interesting thing is though they never left the temple for 9 years. all they did was excavate a part of the castle called temple mound which is where they got their name.during that time they grew to imense wealth.it is rumoured they discovered some treasure, or reigious document or even the holy grail.anyways they fought many a religious war over the holy land.after the crusades ended they returned to europe.while guarding the holy road they invented modern banking , lines fo credit and a crude form for the travellers cheque. they became bankers in medievil europe and financed many castles and priories.most of knigs and queens were indebted to them.anyways the pope ordered their execution in 1307, and that day still echoes in history as friday the 13th ( the original one).that is where the superstion came from. if you were a mank on that day you were pretty unlucky.some of the monks escaped to other countries, many to scotland and it is rumoured they eventually morphed onto the semi secretive freemason society.no wondwer they went underground, the pope just executed most of the scociety.since most of the recored were destroyed much of their existence is pure speculation. interesting note however,the skull and bones society of yale whicj george bush and senator kerry are members of are supposed to be off shoots of the freemasons.prime minister tony blair is a known mason among other very famous people.this is just scratching the surface, their history is pretty rich and i just gave the most basic overview.hope this helps.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

According to Pike, the Royal Secret is equilibrium. Or, in Jedi speak, "balance in the Force".

I always thought Obi-won was a mason.....

hmmmm three degrees....Serendipity! OMG Luke became the master!

Jedi are masons!

As for the Templars......the first thing the would be initiate scholar should know is that 90% of what is written is a lie, and or fantasy.

I have read maybe two books out of many that remotely followed good historical documentation.....both were rather boring, because they didn't follow the myths and fantasies that the majority do.

Very pious, ascetic group, who unlike most monks lived up to their oaths.

Any great treasure they found was in their virtues, not in gold or materialism.

[edit on 12/7/2008 by ForkandSpoon]

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by yin_yang

the quest for truth and answers is meaningless if you did not put in any of the work yourself to get the info

ah, but that's where you're wrong. the wish to start the quest for knowledge is enough to get it, at least in my opinion

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
To make a long story short the Knights Templars where the ones who created the first banking system, to safeguard the wealth of noblemen etc. Although there is claimed they where looking for the sacred treasures underneath the temple of Solomon, nonetheless the knights where worshiping a figure named Baphomet which led to believe there road to success. The leader and there front man got burned for worshiping this figure, from this point in history little is know about the red cross/templars it is claimed they moved all around Europe creating there own secret society.

Some say the Templars are active until this day hiding me behind other secret societies, Illuminati, Freemasons,etc These are only claims and do not have historical ties to these societies.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biglumi
To make a long story short the Knights Templars where the ones who created the first banking system, to safeguard the wealth of noblemen etc. Although there is claimed they where looking for the sacred treasures underneath the temple of Solomon, nonetheless the knights where worshiping a figure named Baphomet which led to believe there road to success. The leader and there front man got burned for worshiping this figure, from this point in history little is know about the red cross/templars it is claimed they moved all around Europe creating there own secret society.

Some say the Templars are active until this day hiding me behind other secret societies, Illuminati, Freemasons,etc These are only claims and do not have historical ties to these societies.

The whole Balphomet thing was invented by Phipp the Fair.

Philip the Fair of France itched to get his hands on Templar wealth. He tried to get the Pope to take action. When the Pope would not move, believing no action was called for, Philip arrested every Templar in a single day. He tortured them into confessing all sorts of wrongs against themselves and their order. With this "proof" Pope Clement V was prodded into action. He called a council at Vienne. A commission was set up to study the problem. It recommended that the Templars be heard in person. After Philip arrived, the nervous commission changed its mind and on March 22, 1312 voted overwhelmingly to abolish the Templars. Clement V refused to condemn the knights. In a decision withheld until April 3rd, he merely dissolved them as a managerial step. For the most part their property was to go to the Knights Hospitalers. Philip seized their French assets.

the most unbiased source I could find

It was a money and power grab. If you are going to post history as if you know it, please know it.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Now please don't say i don't know the history... in fact i did not say it was true they worshiped i said let to believe there road to success.. they show several documentary about the templars there history. Do not act like i give false info and try to outsmart me.
edit on 27-7-2013 by Biglumi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Biglumi

You sure worded that like it was a fact. Sorry if I misunderstood.

it's just that

nonetheless the knights where worshiping a figure named Baphomet which led to believe there road to success.

Looked like you were saying they did in fact worship Balphomet. Since that was all BS made up to discredit the knights so the King didn't have to pay back his debts and the Pope would gain land and riches, it's almost humorous when the same, obvious lies are regurgitated. Balphomet? Bwahahahahaha! It's a good thing the Boogyman hadn't been invented yet. They surely would have had dual worship services.

This history is all over and easy to find. Believe it or not, some folks are just lazy enough that they might read your post and stop the research right there, then go on believing something that will make them a laughing stock in the future.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Alright, i admit my mistake in typing it wrong Shizzle happens bro. ^^ still thank you for putting it out there,

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Biglumi

It wasn't just nobleman though they banked with. It was with anyone who wished to safeguard their money, particularly those making the pilgrimage to the Holy Land.

The theory of Baphomet worship is something that cannot be proven and is something debated even among the most knowledgeable of Templar historians. Their road to success also comes from their requirement of nobles to give up their land and possessions as well as their Sergeant class that possessed a strong class of builders and Masons who built mills and other structures that were hard to maintain.

Jacques De Molay was burned not by the Church, but by the fascist French King for not giving into the kangaroo court and vicious inquisition. The French King had no authority to burn the Grand Master, but usurped the authority of the Pope (who was the puppet of the king) after the Grand Master made a spectacle of the king in public; it had nothing to do with guilt or innocence. The original charges were pushed against the Templars so that Phillip could clear the debt he owed to the Templars.

From all of my research, I'd say there wasn't one grand movement of the Templars after the disbanding and inquisition. France was really the only hard hit area by the Inquisition. In Germany, the Templars appeared at their trial in full armor and "suprisingly" they were found not guilty. In Spain the Templars dissolved and most joined the Order of Christ. In England the king was reluctant to investigate the Templars and there was plenty of time for the Templars to disappear into the wood-work.

It's not out of the realm of common sense that those in the larger class (the Sergeant class) just went back home or dissolved into the local community. Some could have gone to Scotland as the Roman Catholic Church had no authority or power there. It's also possible that many joined other orders like the Knights of Malta or Order of St. Thomas or Teutonic Knights.

www.travelingtemplar.com...

And a good book to read is "Compasses and the Cross" by Stephen Dafoe.

reply to post by network dude

What's funny is that the original charges by Phillip against the Templars were the same charges Philip had laid against Pope Boniface VIII. It is thought that Phillip had the Pope's killed off until his friend and puppet was placed as the Vicar of Christ (aka Clement V).

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biglumi
Alright, i admit my mistake in typing it wrong Shizzle happens bro. ^^ still thank you for putting it out there,

All good. Thanks for owning the words. It's a rare trait. Nice to see. Respect.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

No problem it´s not a shame to make mistakes it´s human. Once again i thank you.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join