It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights Of Templar

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
What would posses Gerhard to create a map that is so inaccurate? Or is it.

Its pretty clearly inaccurate to say that there is a continent at the north pole.

Has anyone been to this location to confirm its inaccuracy?

I don't need to go to the arctic to know that there's no continent there, any more than I need any special information to 'know' that the world doesn't go out of existence when I blink.

Eskimo, Norsman, ledends.

You hardly need to check legends to find out if there is continental crust at the north pole.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I guess choosing my name as Templar_Knight I should reply.

The Templars were a religious sect that became very famous and rich quickly by the way they operated: members gave everything they owned to the church and the church were bankers. They were fighting monks -protecting pilgrims to the crusades. With the crusades, this gave them lots of good publicity and more money came in from rich benefactors. They were disbanded due to a combination of the pope and the French king ho owed them lots of money.

I've kept away from the Da Vinci stuff - most of it is fanciful -the way they lived though was similar to many of the monks - and within Britain, 1/4 of their land was in Yorkshire. Quite ironically- tonight I was at a meeting where a templar preceptory was being excavated and one of the people turne up in FULL Templar regalia - apparently they are still alive and now connected to the MASONS.

I know that this site is great for consiparicies but this has just happened (and I have camera evidence)

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Since ASE ain't coughing it up, here it is (drumroll please):

The secret sauce in Big Macs is thousand island salad dressing.

Congratulations. All of you are now 98° Masons.

Oh no. You mean we now have to start listening to the band, 98 degrees? No wonder everyone thinks Masons are evil! I mean, I knew you were all behind MacDonalds, but now we know you are responsible for boybands and condiments that look like something I spewed after a night of drinking red beer!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Please Pass The Secret Sauce. Oh, & I'll have the Ultra Secret Island that no one is supposed to find for desert.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The Knights Templar, as has already been said, were indeed a Militant Order of Warrior monks. Of all the Orders active in the Holy Land they were the most powerful. But there were other Orders that were just as important and just as mysterious as the Templars.
The Knights of St John for instance. It is said that the Knights Of St John pre date the crusades, but no one seems to known by how long. The Knights of St John are the oldest Knightly Order and still survive to this day. They have been known by quite a few names Hospitallers of Jerusalem, Knights of Rhodes and the Knights of Malta.
Founded around 1113 by someone called Gerald or Gerard, no one knows his full name or family but he is mentioned as the founder by Papal Bull. Some believe that Hugues de Payens the founder and first Grand Master of the Templars may have been a Knight of St John before he founded the Poor Knights of Christ in 1118, but like most things about the Knightly Orders there is no concrete paper trail to follow but there were many similarities between the two orders.
Their mode of dress and insignia were very similar also a common feature was the Knightly Orders disregard for their own lives, much like the Islamic suicide bombers that we encounter today. To a Templar or a Knight of St John or Teutonic Knight to die in battle against the enemies of Christ was a one way ticket to Heavenly paradise.
The Saracens were very afraid of the Knights Templar and would execute them out of hand if they were caught, as happened at the battle of the horns of hattin.
Then there is of course the mystery surrounding the Templars and the Grail and Arc etc, no proof or evidence to support any of it, and Dan Browns book is complete nonsense if you ask me but that just my opinion.
People spend far too much time on these fantasies then on the real History of the Crusades and the Knightly Orders, there is so much to learn about the real men of the Templars yet still we focus on these fairy stories. Yes they were rich, yes they were powerful and yes they were feared by Saracen and European Kings alike. But it was, in my opinion their role as bankers and money lenders that was their undoing.
Too many powerful people owed too much to the Templar bankers and their wealth made them a target for Kings like Phillip La Belle.
When the Templars were seized on Friday 13th 1307 it wasn't the Grail or the child of Christ the King of France was after it was the Templar treasure, Greed pure and simple.
As for the Masons connection to the Templars there is no proof at all the Masons of today were formed from the ashes of the Knights Templar. Just Masonic tradition, there is nothing wrong with that, in my opinion the Knights were always faithful protectors and servants of the church and were cruely treated by Rome and the King of France.
But i wouldn't put too much store by any of it.
Not many of the Knights were actually tortured and i wouldn't put any store in the confessions of those that were, a confession made under torture isn't worth the paper its written on in my opinion.
But don't just take my word for any of what i have written, pick up a book and start reading, The Templars by Piers Morgan is a good place to start, and the real story of the Crusades and the Knightly Orders will come alive for you. A much more satisfying experience than the day dreams of Dan Brown.
Enjoy.

[edit on 8-6-2006 by Janus]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
One point on the Templars that is not common knowledge....

When they got hunted down by the church in mainland Europe, they had no where to go. Well that is except Scotland, as Scotland wasn't part of the Catholic church at that point. A deal was struck between Robert The Bruce and the remaining Templars, granting them a place to live if, the Templars helped Scotland fight King Edward of England's Army. We all know that us Scots defeated the English Army but for some reason the Templars involvement in this battle is not common knowledge.

Soon after this battle the first Masonic Lodges appeared and Scotland had a treaty with France drawn up, declaring them both to be allies. Not suprising really, as most Templars came from French Nobles.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
My limited research looking into such things as the track of the Ark of the Covenant, etc, has led me to believe the Knights Tempar are real and kicking to this day. Based in Scotland.

Dallas

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Well I'm Scottish and I've seen a Templar Parade, at Rosslyn Chapel. Didn't know what they were until a few years back until I started my own research.

Its strange that the Romans, didn't manage to conquer Scotland. They had this huge empire but got beaten by a bunch of painted warriors (The Picts), who frightened them so much they built 2 walls to keep them in!

Now wonder the Templars came here. It's too cold and wet for anyone else lol.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight
preceptory was being excavated and one of the people turne up in FULL Templar regalia - apparently they are still alive and now connected to the MASONS.

There are a few groups now that claim to be the Knights Templar.

If you can scan the photos, please post them, they should be interesting.

pictnation
Well that is except Scotland, as Scotland wasn't part of the Catholic church at that point

There were other places that werent' interested in following out the papal and french orders, such as germany and england.

but for some reason the Templars involvement in this battle is not common knowledge.

I think that that is because that involvment hasn't been demonstrated no?

Soon after this battle the first Masonic Lodges appeared and Scotland had a treaty with France drawn up, declaring them both to be allies.

However this requires that the knightly templars made themselves into lowly stoneworkers. Imagine the corporate-military elite of today, running off to a far away place like scotland and becomming day labourers.
Also the earliest masonic consitutions, which far post-date these events, show it as an organization that had long since been stonecutters.

Its strange that the Romans, didn't manage to conquer Scotland.

Not much value in it though no? England had tin, not much else besides that.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight
I guess choosing my name as Templar_Knight I should reply.

I know that this site is great for consiparicies but this has just happened (and I have camera evidence)

Can you post these pics when they get developed? I think they would be a great addition to this thread.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   

As a patriotic Scotsman I could take offence at that, but I can see your line of thinking, and I like you line of thought. The truth is, the Roman Emperors, saw Scotland (Then Alba), as a thorn in thier side. They tried for over 4 decades to fully conquer the country. They had managed to defeat some of the greatest armies in early Europe, but a small far flung part stood up to them and caused them great embarrassment. IMO they couldn't let this part not be part of the empire of it would show that they were not all powerful.

The Romans tried many times to conquer Scotland, but found the native Picts too vicious. Every time the Romans gained land and built a fortress, the Picts would continually attack it, day and night till they left.

When the Romans retreated, the Picts followed, attacking again and again. One emperor (Hadrian, was so angry that his army couldn't defeat these savages, sent up his entire Northern Army). This army slaughtered all the Picts they found and they thought they had won. Upon rebuilding thier fortresses, more Northen Tribes of the Picts attacked them, led by Queen Bodecia (spelt wrongly) and a strange Shamen, called Meirlyn. There are Roman documents stating that it took over 5 arrow hits to even down these savages and the romans eventually left to go back into england.

It did not stop there though. The Picts now amassed an Army and attacked the retreating Romans. Hadrian, had enough of it all and built a huge fortified wall. between Scotland and England, called Hadrians Wall. This wall was continually attacked by the Picts, up until the point that the Roman Empire started to fall.

At this point the Picts, started to fight the Scots and Celts in the West and soon the country, now know as Scotland came to be. One interesting fact bout all this is that the Picts left barely anything to remember them by. All they left were standing stones, like Stonehenge all over the East of Scotland, with strange markings on. One Pictish building was discovered a few years back, and it's believed it actually predates the Eygptian Pyramids. The only accounts of them are from Roman documents and they state that the Picts were heavily into magic and were the wildest warriors they had come across.

Maybe thats why Paganism never died out in Scotland, giving the Templars the perfect place to hide???

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pictnation

As a patriotic Scotsman I could take offence at that, but I can see your line of thinking, and I like you line of thought. The truth is, the Roman Emperors, saw Scotland (Then Alba), as a thorn in thier side. They tried for over 4 decades to fully conquer the country. They had managed to defeat some of the greatest armies in early Europe, but a small far flung part stood up to them and caused them great embarrassment.
To be fair though they didn't throw the full weight of their military at it. The Picts just weren't going to be marching on Rome or Lugdunum/Paris even. But the Vandals, Goths, Huns, etc, they were more of a threat. The Picts weren't, I suspect, much of a threat, BUT they were more than capable enough to maintain their independance.

Even taking England was a great effort, requiring Claudius to ship in War Elephants!

The Romans tried many times to conquer Scotland, but found the native Picts too vicious. Every time the Romans gained land and built a fortress, the Picts would continually attack it, day and night till they left.

There are Roman documents stating that it took over 5 arrow hits to even down these savages

I don't doubt it. The Picts were an unusual people, definitly. Takes a certain determination to smear blue paint on yer body and then run naked into a wall of spears and sheilds!

and the romans eventually left to go back into england.

Boudicca lead a revolt and struggle against roman rule, but was defeated and her people subjugated. I think it was more of a welsh issue than a Pict issue.

The picts probably had the advantage that the highlanders of later times had, a rough climate and environment that leads to a tough people.

Maybe thats why Paganism never died out in Scotland, giving the Templars the perfect place to hide???

I dunno, The Bruce wasn't connected to the Picts, no? They had mostly died out from the irish-related Scots by then I beleive?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

However this requires that the knightly templars made themselves into lowly stoneworkers.

a thing to remember is that their were Mason Templars ( that is OPERATIVE MASON),
as well as Tanners,Armourers, Metal workers, etc etc etc.. The ratio of non Knight templars to Knight Templars was as I recall something like 5 or 6 to 1. so the assimilation of Knight s into the "Crafts". would have been easy. The Knight were
already known to the craftsmen.

In Spain, Portugal, and Germany the Templars were declared Innocent of the charges
and simply joined other orders, in a few cases they just changed their name and continued ( Knights of Christ in Spain. The flag under which Chris sailed).

While evidence is not proof there is some evidence for the belief that modern Freemasonry did evolve from The Templar Order.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

However this requires that the knightly templars made themselves into lowly stoneworkers.

a thing to remember is that their were Mason Templars ( that is OPERATIVE MASON),

I don't recall any of the operative masons in the employ of the Knights Templar being Templars themselves, no?

They were an organization that needed lots of support staff, so to speak, but that doesn't mean that the people running logistics for them or building their castles and keeps were initiated into the organization as Knights Templars.

While evidence is not proof there is some evidence for the belief that modern Freemasonry did evolve from The Templar Order.

Indeed, there is. There is also evidence that it grew from non-esoteric operative stonemasonry guilds. I can very easily see how something like a modern craft union could turn into something like speculative masonry, especialy as the members grow a little more wealthy and start wanting to associated with the literati, which seems to be the case with the switch from operative to speculative masonry. I can see a modern craft Union inviting a scholar to join their ranks as an honourary member, like the masons did with Ashmole, etc.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
does anyone wonder about their link with soloman. there full name the poor knights of the temple of soloman, hmmm i myself have been researching soloman , jewish mystisism ,the greater and lesser key of soloman,

if i was the pope i would of burnt them all too. the legend behind soloman is riddled with demons and spirits if you believe that sort of thing, so why would a knighthood name themselfs after the temple of soloman

oH its sacred ,

FOR WHO I ASK, THE DEVIL OR HIM(the creator)

i know im assuming i dont need anyone to point that out, i just want to make you think. but to truly understand the templers, research into soloman is nessacery, but thats even harder because its about soloman is 2000 years before templars (soloman suposingly lived around 1000bc, templars came about 1100 ad)

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I dunno, The Bruce wasn't connected to the Picts, no? They had mostly died out from the irish-related Scots by then I beleive?

The Bruce wasn't related/connected to the Picts. They had infact died out by his time of reign, but he got kicked out of the Cathholic Church for some reason.

As for my spelling of Boudica, the one I refer to was infact Pictish. She was a warrior queen (and if you've ever met a scotswoman you'll know why), and led her tribes in Fife, until her death to the Romans. The only reason I know of her is that her village was situated in a coastal town near me, now called Aberdour and every summer they still celebrate her leadership.

As for the Picts being smeared in paint. they were actually Tattoos, covering them fron head to toe. The tattoos were made from the wild blue-bell plant, with its flowers petals being crushed and dried then scraped into the skin...ouch!

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Quote: if i was the pope i would of burnt them all too. the legend behind soloman is riddled with demons and spirits if you believe that sort of thing, so why would a knighthood name themselfs after the temple of soloman Quote

oH its sacred ,

FOR WHO I ASK, THE DEVIL OR HIM(the creator) Quote

I'll have to pick your brains about King Solomon and the Lineage of David sometime. It interests me alot.

As for your Devil quote, in the old Pagan ideas, there was no Devil. Just God's, some of them good and some of them bad.

IMO The Devil was created by man, to keep the masses under control, and anyone practising the old pagan ways was considered to be in league with the Devil, to drive out the magick worship. Now at this stage in time, we are coming full circle with Paganism/New Age Ideas picking up popularity, so according to the Bible then, the Devil must be gaining in power...or is the church losing its power??

hope you understand what I mean

[edit on 9-6-2006 by Pictnation]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Judgeofdarkness

if i was the pope i would of burnt them all too.

Ahem....

Please see my signature.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I have seen you name and avatar, and it brings a smile to my face. Have you came across my other post regarding the Templars and Rosslyn Chapel? Very nice link I've added to it.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pictnation

The Bruce wasn't related/connected to the Picts. They had infact died out by his time of reign, but he got kicked out of the Cathholic Church for some reason.

As for my spelling of Boudica, the one I refer to was infact Pictish. She was a warrior queen (and if you've ever met a scotswoman you'll know why), and led her tribes in Fife, until her death to the Romans.
?

penelope.uchicago.edu...
the person who was thought worthy to be their leader and who directed the conduct of the entire war, was Buduica, a Briton woman of the royal family
I'm just confused. Boudicca was the leader of the Iceni who lead a revolt against the romans and lost. This is their territory:
upload.wikimedia.org...
I had thought it was wales, but was incorrect. But this still is not scotland or old pictland no? The Britons were a different people from the picts no?

with its flowers petals being crushed and dried then scraped into the skin...ouch!

Interesting I had thought that woad was a body paint.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join