It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights Of Templar

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Someone care to educate me on the Knights of Templar? I don't know much about them and I am sure many other people are interested as well.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The Knights Templar were a buch of pirates! They stole maps they found in Jeruslem that led them to a hidden Island in the north. The inhabatence of that Island did not want to be known in the outside world so they made a deal with the Tempalrs. In exchange for there silence they were given vast sums of Gold and educated in the ways of Banking. They returned and set up business becoming the worlds most powerful banking cartel.

When it was discovered that there secret ways of worship were evil the Pope and the French King got to gether and gave them a Friday the 13th. Some of the survivors made thier way to Switzerland and started, guess what, Banks. But the memories of the Knights Templar lives on in the mondern day Masons.

But hey, thats just my opinion.................

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by aelphaeis_mangarae
Someone care to educate me on the Knights of Templar? I don't know much about them and I am sure many other people are interested as well.

The Knights Templar were founded in Jerusalem in the twelfth century, around the end of the first Crusade. They were created from a band of men set to guard pilgrims as they journeyed to the holy land. There have been many myths regarding the order since, as is obvious from the last post, but this is where their origins lie. Below is a link which explores all aspects of the Knights Templar, if you wish to further educate yourself on the subject.
History and Origins of Knights Templar

[edit on 2-6-2006 by EdenKaia]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
man at least try other things before asking...its not hard these days, the information is readily available to anyone about anything, if they just take the time to look...i.e. google..wikipedia, etc.

im sorry im not taking this out on you, particularly, but im growing tired of these "hey tell me about..." threads that just come across as lazy.

the quest for truth and answers is meaningless if you did not put in any of the work yourself to get the info.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I think its fair to ask people here. Whats the big difference between googling something, looking it up on wikipedia, or asking people at ats? I mean, at least at ATS you can interact with the information. Its a good start anyways. Though, I think it would've made sense for the Original poster to say what tehy know about te group, since they couldn't've just woken up one day and said 'what is this phrase 'knights templar' from out of nowhere.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
The Knights Templar were a buch of pirates! They stole maps they found in Jeruslem that led them to a hidden Island in the north. The inhabatence of that Island did not want to be known in the outside world so they made a deal with the Tempalrs. In exchange for there silence they were given vast sums of Gold and educated in the ways of Banking. They returned and set up business becoming the worlds most powerful banking cartel.

When it was discovered that there secret ways of worship were evil the Pope and the French King got to gether and gave them a Friday the 13th. Some of the survivors made thier way to Switzerland and started, guess what, Banks. But the memories of the Knights Templar lives on in the mondern day Masons.

But hey, thats just my opinion.................

Man! I've read quite a bit about the Knights Templar and I've never heard this story. You got a source? I'm not challenging you since nobody really knows but I'd like to read more about this version of the story that includes some island and some hush money.

Little is known for certain about the Poor Knights of the Temple but, they definitely went to Jerusalem and hung out for several years and came back very wealthy and then received a sort of carte blanch from the current Pope. They are credited with having invented banking as we know it today (well, not ATMs and such but checks, letters of credit, lines of credit, loans with fees, etc.) They started off with a lot of mysterious wealth but there's no secret in how they grew it to a vast sum. The secret remains - what happened to it all? Swiss banks are just one possibility. We certainly know that they were great at keeping secrets. Most everything else is pure speculation - except how and when they disappeared.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
You wouldnt belive my source, and I myself have trouble with it at times. Did the Knights Templar have a fleet of ships? Im quite certain they just didnt sit in some harbor collecting barnicals. They used those ships to descover a lost land that even today is considered to be but a myth, fantisy.

What they found in Jerusalem was basically a treasure map, of sorts. And it lead that fleet to, well.............

You want sorces? They are scattered threw the ages.

They didnt disapear, they reappeared in a new form. And I believe I covered that already.

I am not limited to the compatmentalized past. I do not study one area to the extent of overlooking all others but look at the interconnections between them all. Religion, history, secret societies, politics, science, fiction, fact, evolution, creation, they are all inner connected. You want a source?

To be continued

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Of course, many of the voyages of the Knights Templar fleet are very well documented but that does not mean that they were all documented nor does it mean that the documentation is even true. Most of it was just trade and plain ol' boring commerce if the documents can be believed.

The real mystery is the the last voyage of the Templar fleet - where did they go and what were they carrying? Rumors and theories abound...

So, if you have some secret knowledge of this, the world is waiting to hear it!

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Here is another link that gives a brief history of the Knights Templar.

www.newadvent.org...

Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
No, I disagree, the world is not waiting to hear it. Only a select few. And if I could prove the truth, what would they do with it? Would they share it, or selfishly try to sell it, or worse, continue to cover it up.

Ill give you a hint, follow the Rose line.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
OK, this is ridiculous. If you have information to share, please do. If not, then fine. I've been doing hobbyist research on this and many other related issues for more than 10 years. This is a place for sharing - share or not.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   

the Pope and the French King got to gether and gave them a Friday the 13th

Just gotta love the way you explained that, made me chuckle, but i do feel sorry for a couple of them being burnt at the stake, bit of a harsh way to go.

Click Here, the link basically sums up what they was about, plenty of information there!

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Al Davison
OK, this is ridiculous.
Are you quite certain of that? I have given you a hint, here is another

"He is the God who sits in the center, on the navel of the earth, and he is the interpreter of religion to all mankind."
-- Plato.

Follow the Rose line and you will find this god. He is the god of the Templars (Masons) and the source of thier wealth. 32 degree mason is known as "Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret. What do you think that Royal secret is?

It is also interesting that Masons started a few religions like the Mormons and Jehovas Whitness.

[edit on 4-6-2006 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by estar

the Pope and the French King got to gether and gave them a Friday the 13th

Just gotta love the way you explained that, made me chuckle, but i do feel sorry for a couple of them being burnt at the stake, bit of a harsh way to go.

Click Here, the link basically sums up what they was about, plenty of information there!

Harsh isnt the term I would use. Sadistic! Im not a follower of any religion, and my own personal view is that God, the real God, takes no Religious sides. He has no favorite religion, nor any favorite race of people.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

32 degree mason is known as "Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret. What do you think that Royal secret is?

According to Pike, the Royal Secret is equilibrium. Or, in Jedi speak, "balance in the Force".

It is also interesting that Masons started a few religions like the Mormons and Jehovas Whitness.

Not really. Smith had already started Mormonism before he became a Mason. None of the original founders of the JW's were Masons (despite what some conspiracy theorists say, Charles T. Russell was never a Mason, and the Watchtower Society will disfellowship any member who becomes a Mason).

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Masonic Light, can you give a brief discription of a "Clandestine Mason"? Can you explain the need for such a mason? And where might you find such a mason?

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
What does a Clandestine Mason and Lodge have to do with the Knights Templar?

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
What does a Clandestine Mason and Lodge have to do with the Knights Templar?

As I view the two entities as the same, Masons And Templars, it is importaint to know that both have members that would prefer not to be known publicly. Somthing simular to a covert intelligence agent operating in the dark for fear of exposure.

Nygdan, your link does not cover the reason for the exsistance of such masons. I have already been told by a Mason, two to be exact, that they are masons in good standing that prefer not to disclose thier association so they can continue to participate in thier respective religions that ban masonic activities. And, that this practice comes directly from the treatment the Templars recieved at the hands of the Inqusitioners.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
But apparently the term exists to cover groups that call themselves Masonic, but aren't granted a charter or anything, and that they can't even be 'inducted' into masonry, whereas even irregular masons can go through a process to make up for that. A 'clandestine lodge' or clandestine mason would presumably have to start from scratch.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Masonic Light, can you give a brief discription of a "Clandestine Mason"? Can you explain the need for such a mason? And where might you find such a mason?

In a nutshell, a clandestine Mason is one who belongs to an organization that falsely claims to be a Masonic. In other words, a clandestine Mason would be a fake one.

To answer your second question, an example would be members of the Grand Orient of France or Le Droit Humaine. The former began admitting atheists in the late 19th century, which is a violation of Masonic principles, which in turn caused them to cease being a Masonic organization. Ditto with Le Droit Humaine, except they began admitting women instead of atheists.

Therefore, clandestine Masons are not regular Masons in good standing. Personally, I've net met, or heard of, anyone who tried to hide the fact they were Masons for religious reasons.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join