It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dudes: Ever tear up at a movie?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by spanishcaravan
3.Band of brothers;episode 9-This is the one where they find an abandoned concentration camp,and are forced to lock them back inside the camp.

Yeah that part is a teary one, also don't you think the end where all the men who are now old are talking is very very sad? Made me tear up proper that one.

Oha nd forest gump i forgot that one. When he's talking to his wifes grave.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6
The end of ROTJ. When Vader/Anakin is unmasked and the end of ROTS when Luke is handed over to his foster parents(she just looked so happy to get him
) Oh yeah when Spock died at the end of Wrath of Khan.

Aye, me too on both of those.

On the flip side, happy movies with the tendency to jerk a tear: Frequency, Sleepless in Seattle.

Actually I've never dropped a tear during a movie, but the eyes tend to water up a bit. Damn emotions.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yea reality,the end of band of brothers is a good one also. I graduated high school 2 yrs ago,and while the lower grades were doing testing,the seniors sat in the auditorium for about 4 hrs. The school played all episodes of band of brothers,best week of school ever.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
On the flip side, happy movies with the tendency to jerk a tear: Frequency, Sleepless in Seattle.

Yeah...ya' know, a comedy that took me by complete surprise was Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. The movie's a howl throughout but that final scene, where Steve Martin's character confronts John Candy's character about his family...

...oh man, talk about a sudden change in tone and emotion...bittersweet ending and I definitely teared up on that one.

As someone earlier said, "No shame".

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Well never actually crying but its just more of watery eyes and another feeling thats pretty hard to explain.

That happened at the end of Saving Private Ryan.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I think when I was about 6 or 7, I was watching Bigfoot or something, maybe it was called Harry and the Hendersons. Anyway, (I'll call him bigfoot) Bigfoot was allowed to go back to the woods to see his family and then these hunters came and tried to kill him. Man, I cried like a little girl!

I watched Deadman Walking (with Sean Penn) about a year ago at 6am (I couldn't sleep), I cried during the part where he gets executed.

The Green Mile made me cry too.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
K, so I'm not a dude. My husband and I have two favorite movies that to this day will make us both teary eyed. The first is at the end of Mr. Holland's Opus. If one of us is channel surfing and finds this movie, we'll crank the sound to alert the other. We stop whatever we are doing to watch that scene.

The second is Stars and Stripes Forever. It's the story of John Phillip Sousa. The end when they play the final song and show clips of Sousa leading the band pulls hard on the old heart strings. It is giving me goose bumps just from thinking of it. It is a very patriotic movie. A must see for any current or former Marine!

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The Lion King when Mufasa dies...
A guy dies sure fine, but an animal dyeing... it breaks my heart

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by carcharodon
The Lion King when Mufasa dies...
A guy dies sure fine, but an animal dyeing... it breaks my heart

I think that happened to me when I was younger but I'm not sure. I think I was like 5 when it happened.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
One word. Braveheart.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Star Wars Episode III.

I'm kind of weird when it comes to Star Wars. It was just depressing.
Seeing Anakin going down the path of evil knowing how he changed from such a good person; seeing how the entire galaxy was manipulated and controlled; seeing the death of Padme and the children that Anakin murdered; seeing the betrayal and murder of all of the Jedi under Palpatine's command; and seeing evil decimate good for once.

Quite effective.

And not many guys admit this, but The Notebook kind of made me tear up.

Definately Star Wars Episode VI. An emotional movie to say the least.

Lion King - I have NEVER seen a movie in theatres as much as I saw that movie when I was a kid. It was just plain said, let's leave it at that. But at the same time, it was a fun movie.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - this one was really just a tear, but it was hard not to shed it when Cedric died and his father was completely spazzing out and crying in front of everyone. I'm still a kid but I can only imagine how that must feel to lose a child, and your only one at that.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by Omniscient]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
1. The Last Samurai- When Ken Watanabe's charecter sees his son fight to his last breath. Also the last scene.
2. Band of Brothers, Saving Private Ryan -Already mentioned parts.
3. Apollo 13

Edit: Enemy At the Gates- Part where the Soviets run straight into German machine gunners and then retreat to get cut up by Soviet machine gunners.

As they say; No Shame.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by IAF101]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I'm not afriad to admit it .. I'm just an emotional guy. And I've noticed that it has gotten worse since I've become a dad. My daughter is almost 8 now, FYI. Maybe some other parents can relate and back me up on that.

Pretty much any type of war film will bring on the tears. It's the mixture of intense action, heart pounding excitement and the very relatedable characters on screen. Some have been mentioned, but I'd like to add. . Blackhawk Down, Saving Private Ryan, Platoon, Full Metal Jacket, Tigerland, When Trumpets Fade, We Were Soldiers, Tears of The Sun, Forrest Gump. .. Just to name a few.

Other movies would be .. Armageddon, The Truman Show, Man in The Moon, Green Mile, Cast Away, BIG, Philadelphia, Remember The Titans, Radio Flyer, Superman, Batteries Not Included, Dreamcatcher, Will Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (1971), Pollock, Young Guns, Tombstone, Ice Age 1 & 2, King of The Jungle, The Sixth Sense, Jerry Maguire, Radio, Boyz In The Hood ......

Sorry .. The list could go on and on and on ... Hope I mentioned a few that got some others a little moist too.

Hell to be honest, I once cride over a damn tv commercial. Maybe someone has seen it and will remember it ... It's a commercial for Southwestern Bell and their Long Distance service ... It starts off by showing a younger guy (mid 20's) walking around and looking at buildings, houses, fields etc. It shows him in a group of people, like a Guided Tour type of deal. He's writing things down, taking pictures and you can tell that he's really taking everything in that he can. He never says a word during all of this, just some music playing. Then the whole thing comes together ... He walks up to a pay phone and in the background you see a sign that says something about Vietnam. Cut scene .. His dad picks up the phone and the son says .. "Now can we talk about it?" and you can see the emtional impact it had on his dad. Then it cut scenes to the company logo etc. But you know from the commercial that his dad was in Vietnam and you get the sense that the kid had asked him questions about it before but his dad always told him .. 'You wouldn't understand because you weren't there' or something along those lines. Anyway, the first time I saw it, it caught me WAY off guard and I literally sat and cried about it for about an hour.

Someone hand me a tissue.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Crash

Wanee and Junah

Good View Hunting

..I can't remember others that done my tear jerking so many times.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I forget to mention Gladiator, I think I cried at either the part where the Romans killed Maximus' wife and son, or the part where he dies and gets to see his family...

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yes, I think it was at the end of the movie "The last Samurai" with Tom Cruise I guess...

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
WOW. Looking at all these movies..I'm reminded a few few times where I was THIS CLOSE to watering my eyelids..

But, here is the original one, I had intended to post, before I thought of Rudy..

JOY LUCK CLUB..yeah..chick flick I think..
My Wife made me watch it... uh huh

The scene was when one of the main characters went to China to meet her long lost sisters..Sisters that had almost died, when the mother left them by a tree, as she was fleeing Communist occupation, she could no longer carry them, so she left them there, with a note, and her jewelry as payment to whomever adopted them..

The two sisters were now middle aged, and the sister from America finally got to meet them, in China..To bring them news that their Mother had died...sad...

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The elephant man by David Lynch is the real tearjerker. Every time i see it i still feel amazed by it. amazing story with an exceptional direction.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Fight Club's Last scene..

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Ya! I balled through Titanic, every time I watch the movie, I turn in to a ball bag.
I still cry after I see very sad movie.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join