It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dudes: Ever tear up at a movie?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I am secure enough in my masculinity
, to admit it. Two movies did for me.
Bambi, when the poor little guy is wandering through the forest with the snow falling calling for his mother. The other was "Old Yeller", do I need to say why? So sad.

To this day, those two movies get me.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
ok, who cried when old yeller died? c'mon, admit it.

I remember being very upset and dealing with a very serious lump in the throat when ET was "dead" but I was a wee lad at the time so I will write that off as childish emotions.

One movie that made me cry the first time I saw it was Last American Virgin. Stupid porky's like movie that has this total loser, who spends the whole movie trying to get laid and falling in love with a girl who winds up sleeping with his best friend and getting pregnant. This loser then sells his stereo and pays for her abortion. They have their moment and at the end of the movie he spends his last cent to buy her a necklace for her birthday. He goes to her party to give it to her and express his love for her and finds her making out with his best friend. He leaves the party and the movie ends with him driving away, close up on his sad sack face and the Journey song Open Arms playing. It broke me up the first time I saw it. Why I don't know. A few months back it was on cable and I watched it with my wife and it had less of an impact on me but it was still damned sad.

The one movie that gets me every time, and even repeating the lines from the movie can get me a bit farklempt, is The Champ.

Little Ricky Schroder saying "c'mon champ, w..w...w...wake up champ. champ? wake up champ. champ's only sleeping, c'mon champ wake...wake up champ.

someone pass the tissues.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Nobody thought Radio was sad?

Aside from a wimper or two during Cuba Gooding Jr's trist as a tard Ole Yeller did it at least twice. Also during the opening of Farenheit 911 when they play the footage of NYC...that always hurts. I never want to see or hear that on film again.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
The one movie that gets me every time, and even repeating the lines from the movie can get me a bit farklempt, is The Champ.

Is it verklempt or farklempt?
I always thought Linda Richman was say "verklempt".:w:

Yeah crakeur, The Champ was a two-hanky movie. That was the first time I cried because of Ricky Schroeder. The second was when Silver Spoons got cancelled.

On that same note there was another tear-jerker Ricky Schroeder movie where like his boat sank or his plane crashed and his parents were killed leaving him to fend for himself on some island with some old dude.

Peace

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Ricky Schroeder, making a career out of making dudes cry.
Doesn't seem right.

Does he know how many dudes he has made cry? Does he care?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
if I ever meet ricky I will hug him for bringing out the emotions, then I will punch him in the nose.

same reasons.

Dr. Love, many of our yiddish words and phrases have various spellings. The issue overlaps into the jewish words as well.
channukah, hannukah etc.

as such, either is acceptible but promise to never tell us about the shpilkus in your gennectugazoints.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Heh.. Two movies did it for me. Lion King .. when Simba's father died LOL and Crash when the little girl was "shot."

That's pretty much it.

[edit on 3-6-2006 by TribeCalledQuest]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
In all seriousness, I cannot cry during a movie. But, and this is the same reason I can't go to funerals (dead serious here), I bust out laughing. An example, you are hearing the eulogy of my uncle, (don't care which one) "Today we bury Unc... who is laughing" you turn around and see my face red and my pants wet (from laughing so hard) I really don't know what is wrong with me. Probably the same reason I can just be walking down the street and just start tearing up.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The Green Mile.

The last few minutes..the execution, the morgue..

Made me squirt like an italian fountain.

That's the only time, though. I think.

The closest I came other than that was when I watched Requiem for a Dream. It wasn't sad or tear-worthy..it was just damned heartwrenchingly tragic.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
OK then, buncha crybabies.

Here's mine.

Rudy

ru-DEE ru-DEE ru-DEE.

Sean Astin, as the pint sized kid who has dreams of playing College Football for Notre Dame. He realizes this dream, and becomes a human tackle dummy for the team.
The final scene, the Orchestra swells, the tears well. sniff sniff, lifted onto the shoulders of his teamates.
...I'm so proud!

He later graduated, and became a Hobbit.

I have another.

I'll share it later..

Dude WATS votes are flying.

Rudy was one that deffinately had me turning my back.

Ahh what else?

Ladder 49, that one had me choked up alittle bit.

John Q. When the kid hits the ground at the ball game and Denzel is doing his thing.

I'll come up with some more later.

Great thread!

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Right im gonna get skitted so much for this but yeh ok a got a little teary at the BFG but i was a kid at the time lol.

And the green mile choked me a little bit, didnt cry though.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Forrest Gump. When he realizes he has a son, and later when he's talking to Jenny's grave. Cannot control the emotions.

Pass me a tissue.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
During Million Dollar Baby, I felt like shedding a tear. Not only watching the movie made me want to but also the fact that I was in a particular place when I was watching the movie. I won't tell you where I was, though, when I was watching the movie.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TribeCalledQuest
Lion King .. when Simba's father died LOL

Same here... I remember when I first saw that, I cried. I bet if I was to rewatch it again, I probably wouldn't CRY, but it'd probably get me teary-eyed...

...no shame at ALL.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I cried at the end of Silent Running. I'm a freak aren't I? It's alright, you can tell me, I can take it...

[edit on 3/6/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
well i admit i cried in the end of the movie Mask (not The mask with jim carry) when the kid died in the end, it was like he lived to see his mother quit drugs and when she did it was like he was finished with what he needed to do and just died

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
i also cried when bambi is calling for his mother in bambi and when mufasa dies in the lion king

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Yeah, now that I stop to think about it there are afew I've shed atear at

Originally posted by chebob
Schindlers List - It's hard not to with something like that

Chebob, man, I totally wasn't ready for that movie...the day it opened I just happened to get off work early afternoon so I thought I would stop at the Big Screen on the way home. I had no clue, just thought it was going to be a WWII flick.

When they started to empty the "Children's Camp" and the little tykes all came out holding hands and singing...well...

I was in such a daze when that movie was over that I didn't really come back 'round till I hit the toll-bridge 10 miles up the road...

Someone earlier mentioned Forrest Gump; I don't know why (maybe it's my age group thing) but there are a bunch of places in that movie that get me emotional.
I've tried to figure it out, but I just end up muttering to myself...

Hey spacedoubt...have you gotten your camera yet?

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Million Dollar Baby got me real close blury eyed no tears, Green Mile got me a little still no tears thoe. Since I'v been thirteen (nineteen now) only really cried twice once at my Great grandfathers funeral and once at my Great grandmothers funeral, my mom and grandma and aunts were crying, its hard to stay strong when the ones u care about the most are breaking down

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
well for me its about the imagry

LOTR did it to me several times with some of the land scapes and wide shots, its just amazing. i wish i could see those in real life.

also during "gladiator" when maximus is fighting tigerus of gaul and there is this wide shot of the coluseum and it just hit me.

ill find pics of these if i can and post em

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join