Dudes: Ever tear up at a movie?

page: 1
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
C'mon, admit it. Once...Maybe one movie made you shed a little tear.
You know, when you pretended to have something in your eye, or made a wisecrack, to cover yourself..

I'll admit my one tear shedding scene, if I get 10 responses.

It doesn't make you less of a man you know...Just more of a woman...J/K..LOL




posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I teared up during Lord of the Rings during that one scene in the Two Towers where the elves come marching up to that keep whos name escapes me now. It wasn't from sadness or anyhting like that, it was in awe at how they managed to capture that moment so perfectly. I'm weird so don't mind me.


[edit on 1-6-2006 by sardion2000]

[edit on 1-6-2006 by sardion2000]


JAK

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
No. Not at all. Not ever.

Especially not when watching Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence for the first time. [If this thread gets a few more responses I'll pop back later with an absolute corker.
]

Jak.



posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
A couple movies have gotten to me. But the first, the absolute first was....

Top Gun.

I was six. Goose died. That was rough man. Real rough.



posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
For some reason, people dying in movies never really upsets me. The only time I am upset is when an animal dies. My friends think I'm insane when I tell them that I'd rather run over a kid driving than run over a dog!

Anyway, I cried at the end of the movie version of the book "Where the Red Fern Grows." I also cried at the end of "Far From Home: The Adventures of Yellow Dog."

I'll admit that I was also a little teary-eyed during "Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey."

Now, in the last two films I knew there was going to be a happy ending. Yet, I still cried. I am just an animal lover and I really have a soft spot for mammals especially. You can kill all the snakes and lizards and whatnot in a movie and I probably wouldn't bat an eye. But if you kill something warm-blooded, I'll usually get upset.

Now that I've voluntarily surrendered whatever manhood I have left, I think its time for me to get to bed!



posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Nothing bad.. just get watery eyes, nothing that would have resulte in actual crying. And that's during only parts that are emotional, that I've actually experienced. Then I can relate to the feeling, and know how happy/sad it makes you feel. So every so often watching something will do that. I admit it



posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
At the end of The Perfect Storm, the end of Gattaca, quite a lot in United 93... Nothing else comes to mind, off hand right now.

I'm not a complete sucker though. I laughed my ass off 90% of the way though Titanic. The other 10% is was trying to nap.



posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   


I laughed my ass off 90% of the way though Titanic. The other 10% is was trying to nap.


For me it was 98% sound asleep, then my GF at the time waking me up for the big scene(I had told her to wake me up when the ship starting sinking as she'd seen it twice before and dragged me...). My favorite part of the whole movie is that one guy falling and getting creamed by hitting something. It was just goddamn comical how they did that.



posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
ok now us aussies dont cry, except for one of our pm's named after a bird, but i guess i'll own up. For me it was Mad Max when the bikers kill his wife and son. My missus still rags me about it. I havent let her see me shed one since even at our kids birth's when i may have gotten something in my eye.



posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Yep, the guy falling off the back of the boat, hitting the propeller, and then flipping a bazillion times to the water was the highlight of the movie for me



posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
when i may have gotten something in my eye.


Is it just me, or do you hate it when you just ACTUALLY coincidently get something in your eye during something that some people may tear up over. Then people want to give you hell about it? Had that happen the other day.



posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The one movie that always gets me good is "The Color Purple" in the end when Miss Celie (Whoopi Goldberg) is reunited with her kids and sister.
Another one is "The Untouchables" during Sean Connery's death scene



posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
One movie? Pfft, I'm an absolute girl when it comes to films. One sad scene and it's glassy eyes all round


It didn't bother me before, it was just a personality quirk, until some swine decided it was one of the many facets of being a "21st century Metro-sexual". Now that makes me want to cry


Some tear jerkers that come to mind: Mask. Not the Jim Carrey one, the 1985 one about a disfigured kid.


I saw the old Dr.Doolittle the other day (not the Eddie Murphy one) and seeing a man in a top hat sing to a big eyed seal in womans clothing before throwing it into the sea was quite the tear jerker


Schindlers List - It's hard not to with something like that


E.T. - *blub*

I felt like crying when I saw Erin Brokovitch.....not because of the story, but because of the fact I had paid to see such garbage :shk:

I can't think of anymore off the top of my head, but it only takes one sad scene in any movie and I'm a blubbering mess. Oh well, dress me up in pink and call me CheBetty :shk:



posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
I teared up during Lord of the Rings during that one scene in the Two Towers where the elves come marching up to that keep whos name escapes me now. It wasn't from sadness or anyhting like that, it was in awe at how they managed to capture that moment so perfectly. I'm weird so don't mind me.



Same here dude, I've had the Lord of the Rings moment, its a pressure in your chest, a well of pride and glory, a sense of being there at their side facing what their facing.

Or it might just be me...



posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Oh my God, are you kidding me??!! I cry like a baby if the movie is real sad. My girlfriend and I both walk out of the theater like a couple of blubbering saps.

Does anyone remember that movie called My Life with Michael Keaton and Nicole Kidman and Keaton's character gets terminal cancer and slowly gets worse and worse? Then at the end when he died I was in tearsville. That was the worst ever.

When I was a kid I cried when E.T. had to go home and leave Elliott behind.

Peace


[edit on 2-6-2006 by Dr Love]



posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
For some reason, people dying in movies never really upsets me. The only time I am upset is when an animal dies. My friends think I'm insane when I tell them that I'd rather run over a kid driving than run over a dog!

Anyway, I cried at the end of the movie version of the book "Where the Red Fern Grows." I also cried at the end of "Far From Home: The Adventures of Yellow Dog."

I'll admit that I was also a little teary-eyed during "Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey."


I agree dogs are the saddest creatures ever. Loyal to the end, always there for you, never judges you, Dog is really a mans best friend. Thats why I always tear up watching dogs get separated from their family. Even now I feel sad just thinking about it



posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Yep.....the movie was Hostel........why???? It was just that bad....dont even bother to rent it......seriously.


Your good people, dont do that to your mind



posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Interstella 5555, by daft punk. I know, and it's only an anime movie! :bnghd:

I really like it though, I think one of the best I've seen in a while. Beautiful animation.



posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
What? Me cry during a movie. No way! I'd never do that.......

Well there was this one time. During the movie Titanic. 'Cause I had to wait three hour to see the boat sink
.

Okay, seriously. I do tear up the odd time. Like during the movie House Of D. I did tear up a little during this movie (among some others also).



posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
OK then, buncha crybabies.

Here's mine.

Rudy

ru-DEE ru-DEE ru-DEE.

Sean Astin, as the pint sized kid who has dreams of playing College Football for Notre Dame. He realizes this dream, and becomes a human tackle dummy for the team.
The final scene, the Orchestra swells, the tears well. sniff sniff, lifted onto the shoulders of his teamates.
...I'm so proud!

He later graduated, and became a Hobbit.


I have another.

I'll share it later..





top topics
 
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join