It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Bush did right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
OK, well i know this is a tough call, but i made a bet with a friend that i could find 5 things that Bush has done well/right during his presidency and honestly, i'm stumped.
He must have had some positives, even if they are only minor, so please ohh learned ones of ATS, help me win this bet, help me keep my honour, tell me what Bush has done right.

If possible, could links be posted too cause i need to prove what i show.

[edit on 1-6-2006 by JebusSaves]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
1. Liberated 25 million people.
2. Unemployment at its lowest rate ever.
3. No terrorist attack in the U.S. since 9/11/01.
4. Tax cuts are raising more revenue for the goverment, shrinking the defecit.
5. Exposing the Democratic Party as the hate-filled obstructionist that they are.

That should at least get you started!

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
1.Started a war on what’s primarily a mental concept (i.e. terrorism)
2.Made sure people suspected of terrorism were held in Cuba (as opposed to western soil where the innocent could have more rights than the one to life)
3.Said that Iraq had WMD’s (that’s why we are still at war)
4.Maintained a strong friendship with Rupert Murdoch (majority share holder of Fox News and over 175 newspapers world wide www.ketupa.net...
5.Repeated (from some cartoon) the phrase “you can run but you can’t hide”

More Opinionated Based Things…
6.Made Dick Cheney vice president (much to expense of Iraq’s reconstruction and Halliburton’s publicity I must say) www.cbsnews.com...
7.Made Donald Rumsfeld U.S Secretary of Defence (they do say a picture says a thousand words so take a look at this one: www.gwu.edu...
8.Flew over New Orleans late (the public would have killed him if he was on the ground).

I would have liked to have mentioned not signing the Kyoto agreement, expanding trade with the dictatorship of China and many other like things, but unfortunately all of these require extremely opinionated judgments.
As you can tell I don’t support Bush; but I don’t dispute that ALL the above points (including the last 3) were things that “bush did right” (politically speaking that is).

So yeah hopefully me and Carseller4’s points will help you deliver at least 10 answers; in two categories of course, (himself and the nation).

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

new topics

join