It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is sexuality in your genes?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Thanks for the genes mum and dad!

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
My brother is gay, and I know it certainly wasn't a "choice" he made. He was actually fairly popular in high school, etc. but he also got some persecution for being the way he is as well... He didn't choose to be gay, and that's straight (no pun intended) from him...

If one believes in re-incarnation (like I do), then past lives or lack of them also has something to do with this.

I agree with this, and it's a pet theory of mine, that "souls" (for lack of a better term) are often (but not always) either more feminine or masculine. Thus, when a more masculine soul is born into a female body, you could end up with lesbian tendancies, and vice-versa...

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I am soooo aggitated! First I re-read my respose and am utterly embarrassed that my mind shifted to the gutter momentarily....THEN wish to regain my dignity by re submitting a *quite lovely* reply I might add and then..the dreaded page not displayed bombards my post and takes it into thin air!! Gone forever..boo hoo!

OK so anyway I'll see if I can do this again. I must have misunderstood the original post according to my previous reply I thought you meant *sexuality* not sexuality.

My thoughts are I don't feel there is enough evidence or study to find whether genes decide our sexual preference or not..Could be?? But I think who so ever mentioned reincarnation was closer to our ultimate choice then genes.

Which supports my theory of soulmates. Think of it in terms of reincarnation for a moment. In a previous life I was with my soulmate, but we were opposite sexes, now in this life my soul still searches for them but I'm obviously a woman..so I might struggle within me for my attraction to women in the here in now, the struggle might turn into defeat and thus I'm a complete lesbian or it might just remain a struggle and I'm bi-sexual? If the life was directly prior to this one, I obviously would feel more masculine and attracted to the same sex because of these reasons..What needs to happen is my mind/soul(alpha) would need to communicate these past life memories and experiences to my brain(beta) in order for me to defeat the battle within or understand it.

Talk about twist of fate and karma!! If my soulmate really is still a woman to date..we definately aren't crossing paths in accordance to soulmate love in the here and now..What a bummer.

Well my other response was way better I can assure you
I hate that dangit!

And please forgive my momentary lapse of understanding and my non denying ignorance from my previous post. I think I've earned myself a red card again for that one

Mags

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It seams most of everyone agrees

yes GENES do have with what sex you are...

and also everment could let or seprise your real sex..

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I don't see how someone could think that being gay is a choice. Especially in some situations. Why would someone choose to be persecuted in some ignorant, redneck town? Eh whatever, but I think all the evidence leans towards the fact that being gay is not a choice. So you bigots out there, WAAAAAA. Get over it.

Bi-sexuality is another matter completely though.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join