It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airstrikes On Afghan Mosque Kill 50 Suspected Taliban Militants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
On the day of one of the worst riots in the country since the fall of the Taliban, towards the end of 2001, the U.S Military bombed a 'compound' that was believed to contain around 50 Taliban fighters at the time. A Taliban spokesperson has claimed that none of their fighters have been killed, and that 'all the victims were Civilians'.

www.guardian.co.uk
Around 50 Taliban fighters were killed in a US-led air strike in Afghanistan's southern Helmand province today, military and Afghan officials said.
Several Taliban leaders were among those killed in the pre-dawn attack in the Kajaki district, Amir Mohammad Akhundzada, the deputy provincial governor said.

"The Taliban were meeting in a mosque when the bombardment took place," Mr Akhundzada told Reuters. "More than 50 of them have been killed."

Major Quentin Innes, a Canadian spokesman with US-led troops in the south, said aircraft had dropped two 500lb bombs which had targeted a "compound" rather than a mosque.

A Taliban spokesman said no fighters had been killed and that all the victims were civilians.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I believe this issue should be focused on further than it has been by the mainstream media. I'm talking specifically about the United Kingdom, as I have seen it mentioned several times on various American Media outlets. It seems to me, like someone has something to hide. It has now been a good couple of days since the incident on the 29th of May, and the coverage of this event has been pathetic, in my opinion.

Were Taliban Militants killed, or Civilians?

Related News Links:
today. reuters.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Airstrikes on Afghan Mosque - UK Media Blackout?
US soldier shoots afghan after traffic accident. Riots Erupt in Kabul

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
There's really no way to know, and certainly what the taliban has to say on it is completely irreveleant. The nazis will still claim that they didn't kill any jews, for example.

join