It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My career as a Ghosthunter - The first five minutes

page: 1

join
share:
Dae

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Sets the scene...

Boyfriend comes home from work and decides to reboot his puter (it had been on all day). It breaks.
'an error occurred during directory enumeration' How evil! So he sets about looking on the web (my puter) for some solutions. Im like *hmmmm* Im thinking about the electrical activities this house has had for years, especially in the kitchen. Surges mainly, popping lights and tripping out the ring breaker in the fusebox. So I *hmmm* again.

There used to be activity upstairs in the landing, popping bulbs quite frequently despite my use of 'long life' bulbs. The activity seems to have left both upstairs and the kitchen and now is hovering around my fellas computer.

So I grab the camera and declare my intentions outloud, "Right, Im going to snap me a bleeping ghost".

I took about ten shots with my digital camera (Jenopik JD 3.3af). I took a few pics of his desk where his computer is. The first two images will be the actual first two images I took of eleven. The third image on this post is actually the seventh photo I took.

Ive altered the images for viewing on here and have uploaded the originals to yourfilelink.com. All I did was copy the images from the camera to my hd and uploaded as is. I have to warn you though, the originals will show a disturbing sight... his desk

The originals can be downloaded, they are about 320KB in size each.
First
Second
Third

Not bad as careers go eh?

Dae

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Did anyone look at least the first original one because I thought it was pretty good. Not sure what orbs usually look like, this one seem to have a blue aura around the top of it.

Here it is after I 'enhance all eges'

Any comments?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I can post pictures of dozens of examples that I have shot myself.

Obviously your computer wasn't "broken" since first off it could turn on, and second, it could get online. The "directory enumeration" problem is usually associated with shutting down your computer properly. Do a Google search and you'll find some computer forums with a solution, but it may be a bit complex.

By "popping" lights, do you mean they just pop and no longer work, or they literally explode into glass shrapnel all over the room? I've had both happen. The second is much scarier.

In your excitement, you are beginning to link together many unrelated small events, to convince yourself of one larger story. The lights, the computer, and the orb have nothing to do with each other.

And again, the orb is simply dust. There is nothing unusual about it, and upon enhancement I can see a number of smaller orbs in the picture as well.

When you were running around the house, yelling "Right, Im going to snap me a [beeping] ghost", you probably stirred up a lot of dust, thus your picture.

Good work on becoming a "ghost hunter". I applaud all of your work, but unfortunately you were biased towards wanting to believe in a ghost from the start.

[edit on 2-6-2006 by Yarcofin]

Dae

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Obviously your computer wasn't "broken" since first off it could turn on, and second, it could get online. The "directory enumeration" problem is usually associated with shutting down your computer properly.

My computer is fine, the one in the picture is my boyfriends, we have a LAN.

By "popping" lights, do you mean they just pop and no longer work, or they literally explode into glass shrapnel all over the room?

A variety. Bulbs have just stopped working to popping loudly and once popping with such force it came out and smashed on the floor.

In your excitement...
When you were running around the house, yelling "Right, Im going to snap me a [beeping] ghost", you probably stirred up a lot of dust, thus your picture.

Woah, wikid visuals, but not me, sorry. There was no running around the house, I stood up from turing the camera on and turned about (not windmill stylee) and clicked the button.

And again, the orb is simply dust. There is nothing unusual about it, and upon enhancement I can see a number of smaller orbs in the picture as well.

Aye, someone told me in chat that they were made up from dust, they also gave me some links which explained it.

Good work on becoming a "ghost hunter". I applaud all of your work, but unfortunately you were biased towards wanting to believe in a ghost from the start.

Its not really a career move (lol) but thanks for your applause even though it seems a tad patronising

top topics

join