It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coded messages behind Bush at speech?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm generally not one to post things I haven't researched well, and this is something that's almost completely speculative at this point, but... I was going through some AP photographs of Bush that were linked off of Drudge Report and I noticed a seemingly random pattern of different symbols in a grid in the backdrop behind the podium.

Best wide photo I could find

Best detail photo

Yahoo directory of photos from this speech. The backdrop is visible in later photos.

This is not the first time I've noticed some strange things in his backdrops - it's enough to make me go through photographs of all the speeches I can find and look at each of the backdrops now.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into this, but it does seem odd to me that there would be what appears to be a random sequence of icons in the grid.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
What exactly are you seeing? Because it's evading me. I use to work for a company that made backgrounds for TV sets. Most of the time, we the artists, would choose and come up with the designs. The client (in this case a politician) would pick out the design we did that he liked and we'd have a company make the big prints.....end of story.

We weren't pulled into dark closets and told to place subliminal evil messages into things......
I think you're reading into something that doesn't exist.

Some people look up in the sky and see clouds....others see cotton candy, Disney figures and ice cream. Our imaginations know no boundaries.......

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I don't know, the liberty bell isn't exactly a random patern, could you be more specific about what you speak of?

The only odd thing I noticed was how "grey" the yahoo image made Bush's hair look compared to say a couple years ago. When i saw him in person here when he was doing his re-election tour, his hair was no where as grey as that. It is as if it changed in only a few short years. Which in some cases I suppose is possable. Not to derail this thread or any thing, but perhaps other back drop images and his hair could be closer studied.

Back to the symbols question you had though, I remember watching that live on TV and I thought the bell was a nice touch. What did you see, that caught yur attention?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I believe they use coded back drops, and hand signals etc.
Do you remember seeing this picture?? It freaked me out when I first saw it. I mean how obvious is it???

www.state.gov...

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The first photo link, I think he's refurring to the twin pillars, didn't know about the 2. But I saw the pillars right off the bat.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think the original post was meaning encoded messages, and I think the answer to that is hell yes they do. It's a tactic that is old as society itself. One of my first threads here on ATS was about troubadores.

Yeah zerotolerance, but you know as well as I do that the equivilent of a whole production company follows the president around and as a set designer you also know that this isn't just any set. I have worked on a variety of productions now and I promise you, if it's in the shot on a set, somebody put it there and usually for a reason. Stuff like this isn't cooincidence, it's carefully framed and designed to send a clear and yet subtle message...

Here Bush stands in front of a wall that says Security Century, and is literally saying...
"See in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."

Here's a fake photo we were told were Iraqis welcoming us...

Here's a pretty obvious one, the caption ironicly reading, "Whatever it takes"

Here is Bush in his flight suit holding up a peace sign of all things...

It goes on and on, digital technology has given the propogandists unprecedented abilities to manipulate or even fake imagery now, and I'm just not sure we can trust anything we see from the coporate media anymore.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Clearly I did not explain my observation very well, and I'm having a hard time figuring out how exactly to do so.

Random is perhaps the wrong term, because I don't believe it's really random, but simply appears random as there is a coded message in the pattern. There are two different symbols appearing in the squares of the grid, one being the Liberty Bell and the other one I'm not sure about. The background of each cell contains what appears to be a gear or something.

Anyway, my observation was that these two symbols are scattered about the grid in a pattern that doesn't make sense for a design point of view and the only reasoning for it that I can see would be to hide a message or spell something (which I don't see them doing).

I'm afraid I still didn't make any sense.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The cells of the grid behind Bush contains three type of symbols. The Liberty Bell, something resembling a gear, and something resembling a cylinder or similarly shaped object. Every cell contains the gear-like object in the background. The other two types of symbol are dispersed throughout the cells in a seemingly random pattern.

To better explain it, I have created an illustration. Blank cells are ones which contain only the gear-shaped object, the cylindrical symbol is represented by the letter A in a cell. The Liberty Bell is represented by the letter B in a cell. Cells containing a question mark are obscured by objects in the foreground.

Let's hope the third time is a charm as far as explaining clearly.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Greetings All,

Nice thread Logan

Its a shame that the other cells are not seen, if they were one could make a pattern our of them and perhaps find some answers.

Omega

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   
ok , i will bite :

you claim this is some sort of coded message , right ??

ok - this code is very fleeting - hard to decipher , it seems a very poor way to get a message out - IMHO

ISSUES SUCH AS ---

clarity ? : different cammeras in different positions will obscure different sections of the " message " behind the speaker / podium

it would be potentionally embarrasing if your agent read :

" kill the president "

when the full message should have been :

" kill the president of france "

target audience :

these pres conferences are screened on TEE VEE , and pics of them appear on line , and in print media

if your target is watching tee vee -- why not encode a far more detailed message in a teletext page ??

if your target is reading print media -- slip in a bogus " humasn interest story " or a classified ad

if on the internet - email them the message

those are just the first two problems i see with your messages .

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Logan - I followed you from the start and upon looking at the photo I noticed right away the liberty bell or bell period.
My initial thought was prime numbers of some sort and I began trying to text them out that way but it didn't sequence correctly.

My belief is that there are coded text in all of his speeches. Not because the person watching the speech will understand or even notice the images but because they don't. Usually these speechs are anywhere from 1/2 hr to 1 hr long with a person watching the screen for most of that time. It's plenty time enough to "encourage" the veiwer to absorb, retain and believe the lies that are being spoken because A. they are repeating and B. the images in the background may lay the ground work for the brain to become hynotically induced to believe what is being spoken.

I don't know for certain. Just my thoughts...

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
ok , i will bite :

you claim this is some sort of coded message , right ??

ok - this code is very fleeting - hard to decipher , it seems a very poor way to get a message out - IMHO

Well, I'm not claiming that it's a coded message, I'm wondering aloud whether it is or not and asking for the opinions of others.

I wasn't thinking of it as a method of transmitting message to intelligence officers - numbers stations are still a far more effective way of doing that - but more of an inside joke sort of thing. I often hide little coded messages in things I do, just for the fun of it. So I was just speculating that this may be a possibility. I'm not nearly a good enough cryptanalyst to begin to confirm if it is, in fact, a real encrypted message.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
We know for a fact that there is SOME nefarious method of getting information to the field agents...

maybe you are on to something here logan...

I think Ape has a point, in that there would have to be clear view of at least the "understood message" portion...

but what if the message was in the top line always? or so on...

I would think, if a message was in a presidential address, then it would have to have been important... because nothing else seems to be...

so i hope that you are wrong, but i fear that you are on to something...

I also saw eagles, and something else in the background...

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I was talking with ignorant_ape a bit in chat earlier and described how, if it is a coded message, I figure it is most likely not to one particular person or even anything particularly important - again, they have numbers stations for that purpose and they are, even still, a perfect solution to getting messages to covert operatives without the operative leaving any trace of getting the message - but rather that they are some sort of joke or prank by either the designer of the backdrop or the government itself.

Throughout the symbolism and design of the US government, there are quite a few hidden messages and images which seem to just have been put there for the sake of doing it - the hidden text "MASON" on the great seal of the US, for example.

So, in short, I don't think it's a subliminal message or a message to an operative. If it is anything at all more than a weird designer who likes random looking patterns for things, I think it's just an inside joke of some sort. I just found it curious and thought I would post it for the input of others and on the off chance someone was able to figure out what, if anything, it means.

top topics

join