It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Warship Built out of Twin Towers Wreckage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I guess... doesn't seem a fitting tribute to those who lost their lives that day... Bloodshed to stop more bloodshed... just fuels itself... on second thought... no weapons on the ship itself I can see... its a transport mostly right...

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It'll have anti-air capabilities to defend itself against areal attacks I'm sure, but it's main mission most likely will be to land troops. Think of it like a 747 with a machine gun, it can at least defend its cargo in a certain case.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
well yeah... point is I didn't think that something meant only for the purpose of blowing someones ars of would be such a great tribute...

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Using WTC steel was a symbolic gesture in the sense that the WTC was helping build this vessel which would contribute to the US military in its own way and help defend the nation.

Correct. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that the very things that the US invented to "defend the nation" are currently steamrolling Iraq.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
It don't add up to me, I thought the metal was melted and therefore it's structural integrity was unsound. Why use weak materials for a new construction? Wouldn't non weakend, new materials be prefered over unreliable materials?

If the metal melted then what was it still doing in the wreckage? Why do these to concepts just not fit together?

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Afganistan is land locked, how do you get a boat, a large naval battle ship, into Afganistan?

Unless they plan to make it a hovership it will not be used to find Osama Bin Laden as it can not get into areas that he is in.

Although why did he attack? He was put in power by Your president Reagan, funded and supported by your president Bush Sr., got 69million dollars from your president Bush Jr. in June 2001, he was a family friend with the Bush Family, why would he attack? Or at least not attack when a family friend was in power and not done it when your president CLinton was in power to make him look bad?

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
If the metal melted then what was it still doing in the wreckage? Why do these to concepts just not fit together?

Advisor, the History Channel aired a great show on this ship not too long ago. From what I saw the metal they used from the WTC was not melted, jut mangled. They melted it down and added other metal alloys to ensure that the integrity and chemical properties of the metal passed navy requirements. The end product was no different than other metals used on the ship.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Recycling is environmentally Friendly.
Building a Warship out of materials gleaned from and Act of war, is purposefully symbolic.
Using symbology to assist in the capture of one who thrives on symbology is genious.

So it's an Environmentally Friendly Symbolically Genious effort, which I applaud.

Symbolism. The word you are looking for is Sssssssssymboliism.

Sorry SD, couldn't help myself (After all, I'm a master in..Nameology!)

Just so this is on the subject, I'm certain that only the choicest scrap from the WTC was used in this project and, as stated before, they were mixed in an alloy to meet specs. They say it was built in New Orleans? The Irony would have been terrible if the boat built with metal from the most apparent blundering of American intelligence was ruined in a storm whose effects were not thouroughly dampened because of blundering American planning....

I take it back.

I'm very tired.

(Boondock Saints)

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yumi
Afganistan is land locked, how do you get a boat, a large naval battle ship, into Afganistan?

Good question...maybe you should understand what this supposed battleship can do. But then it ain't really a battleship. Look up more about this ship before you start yakking about how the heck can a ship go to Afghanistan, because you will find out the ship don't need to get to Afghanistan.

Unless they plan to make it a hovership it will not be used to find Osama Bin Laden as it can not get into areas that he is in.

You just typing before you thinking.

Although why did he attack? He was put in power by Your president Reagan, funded and supported by your president Bush Sr., got 69million dollars from your president Bush Jr. in June 2001, he was a family friend with the Bush Family, why would he attack? Or at least not attack when a family friend was in power and not done it when your president CLinton was in power to make him look bad?

Maybe you should look up on his videos, audios and transcripts of why he attacked the U.S. And what do you mean by put in power? Osama is not a leader of some nation.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
In no way shape or form is Al Queda a state, it is an organization that specializes in terrorist attacks for their own personal gain. They are an entity that needs to be delt with.

And yes, the U.S.S New York is NOT a battleship, battleships don't exist anymore, they have been put out of service. The NEW YORK is an amphibious dock ship, it doesn't need to actually go to the country itself, it just needs to land the cargo.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Nobody answered the post regarding the Bush / Reagan creation of Al Queda?

WHat we did in the 60- 70-80s is coming back to haunt us. It is that simple. We dont care how many farmers in Central America were killed , we wanted bananas in our wheaties.
We didnt care how badly people lived under the dictators we supported, and even installed in government, we wanted our Oil, Copper and industrial metals.

We invade Iraq because the saudi arabian son of Billionaire buddy of President George H Bush funds the attack in New York......someone explain the logic here, becaused there is none to see.

Iraq will come back to haunt the USA for generations.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by toolman

Nobody answered the post regarding the Bush / Reagan creation of Al Queda?

WHat we did in the 60- 70-80s is coming back to haunt us. It is that simple. We dont care how many farmers in Central America were killed , we wanted bananas in our wheaties.
We didnt care how badly people lived under the dictators we supported, and even installed in government, we wanted our Oil, Copper and industrial metals.

We invade Iraq because the saudi arabian son of Billionaire buddy of President George H Bush funds the attack in New York......someone explain the logic here, becaused there is none to see.

Iraq will come back to haunt the USA for generations.

We don't care how other people are affected, all we care is in the preservation of American life, that's why things happen, at the time anyone fighting the communists was our friend. Now, it seems that all our former friends are our enemies, that's what tends to happen.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Without getting into the issue of 'steel core vs rienforced concrete core' (sorry, couldn't resist

Surely it would have been more fitting to turn whatever was left of the WTC into more peacefull artefacts?

Swords into ploughshares, so to speak?

I can understand that anyone with an ounce of decency should be sickened at the loss of life on that fateful day, i respect that. But...and this is a big but...rattling your sabre, no matter how big and new and shiny it is, isn't going to mean a damn to people who are conditioned to hate you and everything you stand for, this is just the sort of stunt that confirms everything they have been thinking about you all along!

BTW, osma (a brand of sewer pipe here in the UK:lol
sorry, osama was indeed trained and funded by the US, not that that matters really as he is probably already dead anyway, dickey kidneys by all accounts, i'm sure i can't imagine him dragging a dialysis machine from cave to cave!
Although that's another thread i'm sure.

Q

PS, I wonder what they did with the metal from the 7/7 bus bomb here in 'ol blighty? A research project looms large methinks!

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
They have all the steal there why cant those dumbass's use it to fix the dams once and for all ? WTF is going on !!!

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I lost 343 people of "The Brotherhood" that day. They would not have wanted more war, our job is to save life not take it!

You all are being sold a bunch of BS so the rich can become more powerful through perpetual war. I cant believe people dont see this more than obvious fact! Stop killing people with the tax money I earn by saving people! Not in MY name, no sir.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
What could "I" or "YOU" possibly do. The normal avenues are exhausted and diverted. There is no changing anything anymore. Everyone is to tired or has to work to make any sort of real comittment, what can anyone do except post a few words before bed.

Also keep in mind this is the best (that us as a race) has to offer so far. Until there is another type of goverment or a fall of the current one, then nothing will change.

PS: God Bless You

[edit on 7-6-2006 by imbalanced]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
What could "I" or "YOU" possibly do. The normal avenues are exhausted and diverted. There is no changing anything anymore. Everyone is to tired or has to work to make any sort of real comittment, what can anyone do except post a few words before bed.

I hear you there buddy, nothing we can currently do. It does help to rant every once and a while though.

God bless you too, all you good people is why I keep trying to fight the good fight!

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
The world would like us to forget 9/11 for several reasons...

1. they hate us, and were cheering or think it was something we deserved....
Ever wondered why?

2. we are currently rolling over the desert and into several nations as retailiation for the incident.
Very succesfully as well, right?

I would like to counter the argument "we are creating terrorists" because if 9/11 has caused us to invade two countries, that demonstrates to these people that the US will retailiate 100 fold for any further attacks.
Terrorists have nothing to loose, you can threaten them to attack 100 fold, they don't care. Waving the stick doesn't work for terrorists.

The phrase "create" terrorists means, you do so literally, like Osama Bin Laden (kinda backfired, he was just supposed to mess with the Russians) and not literally, like "rolling over the desert" and into "several nations" only causing moderate people to rally around the radicals, thus "creating" more terrorists and giving them more strength. The more you hit them, the more you make martirs out of them.

The Russians demonstrated this by removing several of the terrorists testicles and mailing them to their families and then executing them.
Yeah that worked really good for Chechnya, didn't it? Mailing testicles is the answer to stop terrorism, not stopping international intervention...

paybacks are a .....well you know how the rest goes,
Indeed they are, 9/11 was one sweet payback for those evil terrorists...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Got to love double threads.

Isnt there 2 of these or did i miss something?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join