It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are those mystery viewers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I have noticed that whenever I (or anyone) creates a new thread, there is an immediate count of 2 views of the topic, as soon as it is posted.

Who are these mystery viewers? I suspect that they may be images that automatically scan for profanity or such.

Or are our moderators constantly peering over our shoulders as we type?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I don't know. Could be that people are just quick sometimes.
I've seen plenty of threads with 0 views.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If you hit the PREVIEW button, it looks like it counts as VIEWS on the counter. "You" may be your own "Mystery Viewer".

JDub

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
She's checking your spelling.

BlueTileSpook is correct. If you preview your post, it's counted as a ... wait for it... VIEW

S...

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
She's checking your spelling.

BlueTileSpook is correct. If you preview your post, it's counted as a ... wait for it... VIEW

S...

Yes, but I am not previewing my post. Immediately after posting it, I would, for example, goto Board Questions & Business to see the listing. I see all forum threads, the number of replies and views. And the count of views of my new post is already 2. And I have not previewed the thread at this point.

Try it sometime; you'll see what I mean.

[edit on 1-6-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
If you open the thread you create, and then refresh your screen, you will accumulate views.

Shame you don't get points for views eh?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This system has several bugs in it. Look for example at my last post. There is an EDIT shown there, that I did.

But the words I edited into the post are missing. Even tho I did a "preview post" before I hit "edit post", and the added words showed up.

Something is wrong with this system.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Nothing is really wrong with this system, something is wrong with your computer

Although, yeah, there are some bugs.

The views are google adsense updating the ads for that specific thread btw.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
This system has several bugs in it. Look for example at my last post. There is an EDIT shown there, that I did.
But the words I edited into the post are missing. Even tho I did a "preview post" before I hit "edit post", and the added words showed up.

This is a problem that has been covered. If you edit a post , it will not show up once posted. The idea is to copy your edited post once previewed, then paste it into the post YOU wanted to make. Easy, and saves a lot of hassle.

As for the views, its as i said. this has always been the case.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Something is wrong with this system.

Welcome to the MATRIX!!!

As far as the editing and prviewing the edit, I use notepad.

As far as the bugs, they're minimal, at worst. I've been to a couple of really 'buggy' forums elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the inputs, and the suggestions for the work-arounds.

But I really like to ride a well-oiled machine, that's all. If I wanted to get stuck at a traffic light, I'd never check my oil.

top topics

join