It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War Vet sues Michael Moore over Fahrenheit 9/11

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
apc

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
rant
I dont care much for the politics or legal technicalities behind this matter.
Moore is an idiot. Idiots should be taken advantage of in the back of a Volkswagen.
The ends justify the means.
/rant

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Fahrenheit 9/11 was always more a fable than fact to me.

Not only does it seem Mr Moore misled some participants I feel he misled us all.
He went round implying that this piece of art was a documentary of the truth of the state of things. I know people who saw it and were really "cheesed off" about the war. But some now feel this piece of work done a great diservice to the anti gulf war brigade.

I feel he is a publicity seeker and needs controversy to get people to watch his films. I wonder what band wagon he will jump on next?

Regarding the 'armless
serviceman. I doubt he knew what he was doing if he did sign anything. We are not all legal experts and lets face it a lot of people in this day and age look forward to their 15 minutes of fame. I dont men this guy jumped at the chance but that he would not have thought through the ramifications, like people would have in less media savvy generations.

Besides I think we are all aware most legal documents (let alone verbal agreements) are not worth the paper they are written on. It depends on money and the cleverest lawyer in the final outcome.

We are now as a race becoming aware, that what we thought yesterday is not necessary what we think today. We make a decision at a particular time based on the variables of that time. We are allegedly intelligent beings and time moves on. New experiences and knowledge can alter our decisions and make us realise previous decisions were in error or we don not agree with today.

How many of us made a decision in the past and wished we could go back and change it? Well we cant all we can do is learn from it. This serviceman probably interviewed in one context finds his contribution distributed in another. I hope he has learned. Its one of the great things about being a human.

When I think of this "documentary" I cant help but think of the Simpsons episode with the Gummy Venus De Milo and Homers subsequent interview on TV to "clear" his name.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allah the moon god
Fahrenheit 9/11 was always more a fable than fact to me.

You can still say that after all that has transpired? All the unearthed evidence with this administration? The fake war?
There is nothing like denial. IMO, the movie was misleading only because it failed to point out harder facts and 9/11 coverups.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
The fake war?

I dare you to go up to a soldier back from Iraq and call it a "fake" war.

Michael Moore wouldn't recognize the truth if it came up and hit him between the eyes. His entire career has been made by pushing an agenda. All of his...............hell I don't even know what to call them....ok films have been on the premise that business or government is bad. He should have been born about 70 years sooner and then he could have worked for Hitler or Stalin.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
For those of you asking why he's suing for so much money:

I read that he was interviewed by Fox News in the morning (June, 1, 2006),.... and his response was that his Lawyer came up with that sum. He plans on keeping a little for himself, and he'll be donating the majority to Veteran charities.

I'm trying to find the interview, but so far no luck. Maybe someone here saw it? Anyway,.... that should answer at least part of the question.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
IMO, he won't be getting any money unless they settle it as a nuisance suit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join