It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity: Possibly Satan's utlimate deceit?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
there appears to be an anomaly here, whereby an individual can assert with confidence the existance of satan, yet deny the existance of God.

Amazing....

faith in one, yet not the other, hmmmmm, what a hypocritical stance.

That is a most excellent point!! How do they explain that????

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

It is the individuals that make up the church who are actually the church.

Actually, it is the individuals that make up the RELIGION. The religion is practiced inside a church. A church is a structure. A religion is an organization of people. I know there is a religion known as The Church of Christ, which I believe is one of the larger Christian religions and a hell of a money maker for the leaders and founders of the religion.

If you call a religion a church, it's still a religion. But a church is a building and you can't call that building a religion. There's the difference. You wouldn't say, "I'm going to the religion today for mass," would you?

Churches are great places for various religious services and usually they have AA meetings later in the day.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Anti-christian does not mean I'm satanic or anything... just means that I am anti-christian. I am also anti-Mitsubishi... I've worked on alot of Mitsubishis, and for the most part they have junk engines and junk turbos. Doesn't mean I worship the "Mitsubishi Devil".

Without going into detail, my whole personal belief system is based on fractals and singularity. I really don't believe that the singular universal consciusness is the same as the christian 'god'. I DO think that 'god' and 'satan' are a race that helped us evolve, and all that... but by no means the highest powers. Does this clear things up a little?

What I have been exploring is the possibility (since I haven't made it clear, obviously) that Christianity was founded on a corrupt base. Why did they pick what they did out of the old texts? Because that is what a group of people decided that their followers should believe.

Now I am gonna throw NWO into the mix. Could it be possible that the original founders of Christianity realized how strong of a motivator the fear of a 'god' was, and sought to form a world domineering "government" of sorts that could rule over all other smaller governments? In essence, that IS what they achieved... and the leader is the Pope. Everything is done 'in the name of god'. If you sin, you are going to hell (unless you repent your sins... I think that may have been thrown in early on so a higher leader wouldn't lose position for violating a 'rule of god').

I didn't start this thread to argue the existence or nonexistence of 'god' or 'satan' (btw, the Greek personage was Lucifer, the morning star, since that wasn't mentioned). I think Christianity is around for half the wrong reasons. I do agree with some of their moral laws, but most churches teach an underlying sense of self righteousness and close mindedness. You aren't supposed to question anything, for the most part. This is a generalization, of course, because I am not about to sit down and write my gripes about every single christian sect.

And, yes... christianity is (supposedly) a 'compilation' of all previous religions. More of a ripoff, if you ask me. They took what would suit their means and put it into a book. Things were changed later, too... no Lilith in the 'New Testament', because it didn't fit within their views... why, I don't know. I really doubt the originators of christianity really believed in a 'god' such as the one they purveyed to their followers.

So, I guess what would be more fair to say is that the originators of Christianity were acting as their personage of Satan under the guise of Holy Men when they founded the religion.

Why have there been so many branches of Christianity? If it was 'gods' law, then it should be perfect, right? If it's perfect, why would you make a different branch to accomodate for people who don't believe this part or that? Why would there be any question at all? The Christian 'god' is supposed to be perfect in every way... so why does a religion based around him have to break off into different beliefs?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DodgeG1
I was given a bible for beginers the other day by a friend of mine who is a Jehovah's Witness.

I read through the book and found it very interesting. The most interesting thing in the book tho was that they claim that Satan is the true ruler of the world and has been in charge since 1914???

Anyone care to eleborate on this? as I find this interesting that people who worship God are saying that Satan is in charge of the world we live in?

Hello Dodge

If you feel inclined heres a link to the Original, King James Bible, from 1611. It may take a bit to become familiar with the Language, since I truthfully believe it is somewhat hard to follow, but for a book, (that you can use to verify actually what was noted in the Original Hebrew, Chaldean and Greek), it is unique to this day.
www.jesus-is-lord.com...

No other Bible, has such a level of research done to accompany it. The Strong's Concordance is yet to be even duplicated, let alone surpassed.

Both make for a good Study.

But to the Post, and topic.

Satan is the Ruler of this realm, through his Spiritual Influence.

God at one time, once inhabited the earth. When? (We could go there, if one wished?)

But Satan led a rebellious group in a pitch battle against God and the Angels. He lost, and his Physical Form, which still exists, was eventually barred. He once walked this globe, much like you do today.

But yes. he even sat in God's Seat claiming to be god, as he is again going to attempt in the not to distant future.

From Genesis Chapter 1, Verse 2, he has been at odds, against God's Will.

God removed his Earthly Habitation he had, due to this uprising, inorder to keep from destroying the Earth.

But Satan, and the Fallen Angels did not leave.

This leads to the Original Sin, in the Garden and the events leading upto the 'Days of Noah' (which covers some 1500 + Years of time), which God used the Great Flood, (How Great??) to remove the flesh from the earth.

Since this time, NONE of the Fallen have been onearth, in the Physical, but their Spirits, along with the Spirits or Demons/Devils of the Nephelium, run amuck on this Planet, because Judgement does not take place until some point in the distant future.

So, From the 2nd verse of the Bible, until today, Satan and the fallen have had the ability to have been here constantly in the Spiritual Sense, and at least 1500 Plus years Physically.

They still assume, theres always a chance they can win, and due to this in specific, they have spun so much crap, that this Topic Thread may not be as difficult to believe.

I am a Christian, and I know Satan and his get theirs in the End, no matter what they incite. Satan has a destiny with the Pit. None have or ever had this. And he's doing everything he can to avoid that destiny.

Much of this is found 'Swimming in the Bellies' of the 'So Called' Secret Societies. And many of these, are doing their spiritual masters bidding.

There is so much going on, and things are constantly being bombarded, from all sides to destory virtue, and turn this earth back to what it once was. The Golden Age of Enlightenment. This was when Satan was last loose in the Physical.

It seems this is a good assessment of the world we live in today.

As it was in the 'Days of Noe' (Noah) it will be again. This is Christ's message to us when he was asked when he would return.

And Sadly, it seems, Christainity may well have been influenced by 'some' with aspirations that may not be a wholesome as many of us would like to believe.

Deceit is a Tool, and the Master Deceiver is Satan.

We live in his world today, but the great news is, that's nearly over.

This is why Paul teaches, we should prepare to stand with the weapons for Spiritual Warfare. TO STAND.

For an Fictional account of what I am meaning, in a more detailed manner, I would also suggest try finding a book called

This Present Darkenss by Frank Peretti (Google it)
The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis is quite good as well

Esphians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Are Christains today, being misled?? Does Satan have anything at stake??

I can see where the Topic, could be accurate and your question was an excellent one.

Ciao

Shane

[edit on 2-6-2006 by Shane]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerotolerance

Jehovah's Witness, huh? Oh boy!
Keep in mind they've only been a religion since the late 1800's.
They believe Jesus was not crucified, but hung from a stake....

Jehovah's Witnesses deny most of the basic doctrines of Christianity.
They claim:
1. Jesus Christ is not God. Rather, he is Michael the archangel.
2. The Holy Spirit is not a person, but an "active force." J.W.'s are unitarians, denying the Trinity.
3. When you're dead, you're dead. Man has no eternal soul, any more than animals.
4. Jesus returned invisibly in 1914. There is no "visible coming" planned in the future.
5. There is no hell. Just like animals, when we die, it is over.
6. Only 144,000 people achieve heaven. The rest, faithful Witnesses who have died, will be recreated on earth during the kingdom of the "New World."

Not that I am Arguing, but my impressions was that Jehovah Wittnesses believe, much akin to what our Muslim Brothers believe, in respects to Christ.

He was a Prophet of God. Not Michael

And I always did wonder what the 144001 Member was thinking?

And for reference in some respects, the 144000 come thru the Tribulation, and are representative of the 12 Tribes of Israel, made of of 12000 each from each tribe. This is mentioned in the Book of Revelations

And if you note, I offered Dodge an online KJV.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum

I didn't start this thread to argue the existence or nonexistence of 'god' or 'satan' (btw, the Greek personage was Lucifer, the morning star, since that wasn't mentioned).

first off thanks for the interesting thread but i have to doubt the "greekness" of lucifer lucifer = latin for bringer of light greeks using latin hmmmm not sure ...
correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't lucifer the name of satan before his fall ? (bringer of light for giving mankind conscience ? No i'm not a satanist just trying to bring an alternative view on this whole matter)

now for the greek origins of satan there's a bit of truth in it but only for the representation try comparing the greek god Pan with widespread representations of satan half man half goat , missing the wings though i must admit

i think a whole new thread could be opened just on what christianity has "stolen" from other older beliefs

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
i was brought up christian but my views dont completly agree with the christian faith, you make a lot of excellent points in you statement and ones that should be debated intelligently and not resort to mud slinging as often is seen in threads such as these.

I am Agnostic.

this may be a silly question but im not quite sure what an agnostic is can you explain?

I sat around one night thinking about the "Crusades" and how they never really ended, just changed faces. All of a sudden it hit me... if I was the devil, and I wanted to decieve the world, what would be the best way? The answer to that question became pretty obvious to me... the ULTIMATE DECEIT! If I was Satan trying to influence the rest of the world, I would simply start with a few, convince them that I am God, or a holy man working in the name of god, and get the people to follow my lead in the 'name of god'. As soon as you have enough righteous few, they will readily convince friends, and then I would have an army.

you make an excellent point here, what better way for the devil to get his followers, many cults are known to do such things tell them what they want to hear then they will follow your comands faithfully.

I would also take what is already in scripture, put what I want into a "compilation", and call it "god's law". What's better than taking something nobody is arguing with and just twisting it around to suit my own needs?

its not only the devil that could do this the interpretaion of religon is purly individual speculation of the written word.

So, what I am suggesting here, is that christianity is based upon the lies of the devil.

well maybe but i believe christianity is based on a bunch of men who sat around one day and decided on the best way to control people just my thoughts.

And the big question... What's YOUR thoughts?

christianity like all other religons were created by man, and we all know man has faults, for me most religons are no different from most of the cults out there, they all try and convince you that if you dont belive you go to hell, who says we are not already in hell.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I cannot stress you enough to remeber that the Bible DOES NOT equal christianity. There is a countless number of "false" Bible translations and movements out there, which have been changed to suit the need of organizations.

Also remember that the salvation and truth is about individuals, not organizations. I believe the so called christian movement is mainly corrupt, but the common person is too ignorant or just so decieved not to see it. Avarage christian organization just takes the best parts of the bible that suits their needs, and forgets the rest.

Even the Bible itself says there will be a HUGE fake christian church before the final judgment (Which isn't a destruction of this planet, even though some false preachers like to scare people that it is. God loves Earth, why would he destroy it?).

Learn about the real Bible, the truth is in there. I was overly sceptic before, but now I have started to see the big picture. If you're interested, get either the original King James's Bible or the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, these are the only versions that have not been altered or cencored. There's nothing to lose in studying, I took a chance and very happy I did.

About satan, BEWARE of the new repidly growing (just like the Bible says it will be) movement of the appreciation of "Holy" Mary. I personally think this is the fake savior and the whore of Babylon, Lucifer, Satan, Janos, Pan, whatever floats your boat - they are all the same fallen angel. Bible doesn't speak about any apparitions of the savior, and especially not Mary's. Unfortunately many have fallen for this thing, which is at its core, a spit at the face of God and his son Jesus.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   
This is indeed an interesting thread. Now as far as Satan posing as the Messiah, thats a bit far fetched. I do believe that it was man [inclined by Satan] to go out and kill. But killing in the name of God was a cover-up. No one in their right mind would rage war such as they did to find the Grail and bring others to Christ. The Crusades were carried out in order to create chaos to achieve order. Order that those heading the Crusades could dictate.

Jehovah's Witnesses are mere pawns in Satans plans. They're more of a cult [originally recognized as Russlites, a name attributed to the founder of JW: Charles Taze Russel]. He falsely prophecited [along with many of his other conrads] that the world would end, several times. I used to be a Witness until I researched the truths seeing the cult nature of it's origins. The Witnesses Bible alone [NWT] is filled with rewritten and skewed verses to fit their false doctrine. Anyway....

So in closing, I would say the Ultimate Deceit would be attributed to the fact that man can not stop wanting power. Satan uses THIS to manipulate the minds of all in thinking those that followed Christianity needed to control. Christians are not in control, God is. Now this is all true if you believe in Him. In an Agnostic point of view, there would be no way to determine this to be true unless there is SOME sort of faith that there is a God and an Evil against Him.

[edit on 2-6-2006 by PrimaFaciFacts]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnholyP
I cannot stress you enough to remeber that the Bible DOES NOT equal christianity. There is a countless number of "false" Bible translations and movements out there, which have been changed to suit the need of organizations.

As you have expressed here, this is something which I refer to as being the DOCTRINES or THEOLOGY of MAN. It's Skewed either through new intepetations of the Bible, or through manipulations of the Original Text, that does much like our evening news, and 'Sound Bite's' are offered as scripture. Anything can mean whatever you wish it to, when taken out of context.

Also remember that the salvation and truth is about individuals, not organizations..... Average christian organization just takes the best parts of the bible that suits their needs, and forgets the rest.

Learn about the real Bible, the truth is in there. I was overly sceptic before, but now I have started to see the big picture. If you're interested, get either the original King James's Bible or the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, these are the only versions that have not been altered or cencored.

I would not quite say this is accurate. The King James Version, 1611 Bible, is the nearest Translation we can obtain from the Original Manuscripts. I can agree with you that the KJV is good, but it is the Nearest, and not accurate in all cases. This is where, when studying the KJV, you can use a Strong's Concordance, to see what the words offered by the 1611 Translators actually where to translate from. I am sure the New World Translation is nice as well, but this just seperates the Translation further part from the Original Maniscripts, and there is no Exhaustuve Concordance to very the material.

But we should at least know, it is the 1611 King James Bible, and King James was one of Masonic beliefs as well.

But again, we have nothing better than this, as the english reader, and we have James Strong to thank for all his efforts to give us a Proper Tool, his concordance, to validate that material in the KJV 1611 Bible.

www.jesus-is-lord.com...

This link is the SOLE LINK I have found for the bible, that contians the letter to YOU, the reader, from the Translators themselves. This was in the 1611 Bible, but no longer placed within any today. (I looked for many years, and buying an Original 1611 Bible is out of my range of consideration) There is also other material for review that makes for a clearer understanding of the KJV.

As noted previously, as a Study tool, the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance has not been bettered, and it is solely produced to the KJV's text.

As for the balance, there's not much to add to your comments.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Anti-christian does not mean I'm satanic or anything... just means that I am anti-christian.

people like you do not understand, that if there are two forces behind our world, like alot of people believe(i.e the spirit world what ever that means). you are ever a believer in god or not.
if you do not believe in god, than you are on the side of what we call the devil. the devil does not care if what you believe in just as long as you do not believe in jesus or god. if you do not believe in jesus or god, then you are on the other side.
do you understand the way it works now. two sides out there, one that cares about you and one that does not.
of course us christians believe and hope we are on the right side. i hope that two, but no one can be sure, that is why it is called faith.

but trust me, like others have said, there are two sides, if you are not with god you are on the other side. like i just said, the devil(whatever that actually means), does not care if you believe in him or not. if you don't believe in god, that is all he cares about.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity why would Satan/Devil fulfill a christian prophecy if he hates god so much? Also doesnt the bible state that it is god that creates evil?
On another note there is NO mention of the devil being the serpent in the garden of Eden in the OT and the fact that gods punishment for the serpent was to crawl on its belly and eat dust for all time (would someone like to explain what the serpent was before its punishment) - No mention of punishing satan.
Also why dont snakes talk at this time as there is no mention of god taking away its speech?

G

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I was given a bible for beginers the other day by a friend of mine who is a Jehovah's Witness.

I read through the book and found it very interesting. The most interesting thing in the book tho was that they claim that Satan is the true ruler of the world and has been in charge since 1914???

This "beginners bible" is not a Bible at all if it states that, rather something was added to it. Here's a quote from Revelation, the last book in the Bible (Jesus speaking here), "I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book." - Revelation 23:18 . Please be careful.

Anyone care to eleborate on this? as I find this interesting that people who worship God are saying that Satan is in charge of the world we live in?

I'll send you a Bible (not a "beginner's bible") if it'll help clarify. My recommendation though is to go on www.biblegateway.com and read the book of John. Send me U2U and I'd be glad to discuss and move forward from there. I pray for you to find the truth Dodge, and be spared from any lies. You can talk to God yourself too if you like, I'm sure He'd appreciate it and will help.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

This "beginners bible" is not a Bible at all if it states that, rather something was added to it. Here's a quote from Revelation, the last book in the Bible (Jesus speaking here), "I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book." - Revelation 23:18 . Please be careful.

Those words only apply to the book of revelations and not to the bible as a whole.

G

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
Those words only apply to the book of revelations and not to the bible as a whole.

G

Indeed, as Revelation is the last prophetic book of things yet to occur. However, any books thereafter that also claim prophecy, "add to" Revelation. This is the reason why Revelation ends The Bible and anything afterwards are to only be studies of what is already written.

[edit on 5-6-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The bible is poorly understand and used with error by man--yet if God leads you to it, you will find two startling things that will change your confidence level in these things.

But these are oddly ironic yet undeniable surprises that no man could ever have figured out on his own.

The bible is totally and solid and provable as reliable spiritual guidance, and it's main strength lies not in its history but in it's united form which is a prophecy. And much that is waited for has already come to pass and what it proves, by proving itself, is that christianity is part of the strong delusion God is allowing to thresh the floor between lovers of truth and lovers of self. The antichrist is man, the beast is man, the image of the beast is the god that man creates with religion. It is false and it will fall away before your eyes in the months and years ahead of us.

I won't go on and on. Mainly because I've posted it several times before--it's one of my litanies that I think go largely unheard. And 'cause Anthony will probably bring up semantics and I'm sick to death of that word and what it tries to mean.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Indeed, as Revelation is the last prophetic book of things yet to occur.
[edit on 5-6-2006 by saint4God]

I thought the following should also be noted.

Revelation is the last prophetic book of things that have already begun, and yet to occur.

Regardless if Israel became a Nation, by virtue of the Establishment of a Homeland in 49, a State in the fifties, or Captured the Holy City in 67, the Revelations clock started to tick.

We are in Revelations today, and look whats instore for the next few years. Satan's master deciet, to unfold. The ending will be Glorious, but Satan keeps forgetting this. He's such an ass.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

People who worship THEIR God, like the Witnesses do, will say whatever suits their church. Do not get sucked into the JW cult unless you feel a keen desire to divorce your fleshly family and give all your time and effort to anti-american Zionists. Do a Yahoo search for smallpeeps + witnesses and you'll find my other rants on this subject.

Originally posted by Shane
Not that I am Arguing, but my impressions was that Jehovah Wittnesses believe, much akin to what our Muslim Brothers believe, in respects to Christ.

He was a Prophet of God. Not Michael

And I always did wonder what the 144001 Member was thinking?

And for reference in some respects, the 144000 come thru the Tribulation, and are representative of the 12 Tribes of Israel, made of of 12000 each from each tribe. This is mentioned in the Book of Revelations

Our Muslim Brothers?

Anyway, both Muslims and Jews are loathe to admit that "God Almighty" has ever taken human form or ever been down here on Earth. They hate the very idea of it and so that's why the JW cult exists only to dismiss Jesus and to place him in a low position compared to the Christ-worshippers who see him as "God Almighty" incarnate.

12,000 from each tribe? And how can this be known since no records exist from Jerusalem or prior? No, the JWs made this junk up when their original plan fell through. Originally they said they were all going to heaven, but the corporate bosses had to change this by adding the "great crowd" in the 1930s when the ranks were swelling and more souls were waiting to be captured. I don't want to hijack this thread but trust me on this. Stay away from this group unless you need all your thinking done FOR you.

Anyway, my opinion on the original topic is that Christians are being affected by the Christ force. Is it a good power? Probably in most respects, but the Christian denial of rebirth and karma, will doom them. Until Christ-worship gets with the obvious program and admits that reincarnation and karma are real, then yes, Christians can be used for evil. That evil would be, to obfuscate and hide the true eternal nature of the soul.

This is the primary agenda for all three of the major religions: Deny the rebirth of the soul at all costs, and ensure that it is not discussed among the members of our respective faiths. Islam, Jew, Christian? All from the same male God who talked to the same crazy guy (Abraham) who agreed to kill his son (Ishmael or Isaac depending on your belief).

This male God and all his bishops and priests tells you that it's this life and then heaven. If you are good down here, you might gain the prize up there. Truthfully tho, one single immortal soul is more powerful than all the churches on Earth. Souls get reborn. Churches are the fishnets which catch them up and confuse them between births.

And Satan? Well, anytime you have people worship evil spirits, those spirits can take some kind of form. They can call themselves Lucifer or Scratch or whatever they want since they are liars. Fact is, Satan has very little control over the person who understands karma and rebirth. Taking responsibility for your own soul makes you different from the Christian who constantly begs Jesus for strength, IMO.

Of course, all the JWs who knew me think I'm going to be killed by this Hebrew God when that day comes since I left his chruch and his "protection". I guess in the end, we are alone with our beliefs, eh? No church can ever shield us. In the end, it's you and the unknown.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
Our Muslim Brothers?

Yeah, you even noted it. Ishmael and Issac. Abraham is the Father of Many nations. Arabs, Jews, Danes, Holland, and I could go on, but we are Brothers, in that we have our common forefather, and share our God.

I know it gets overlooked quite often, and thats too bad.

As for the Karma and such. Try this.

Shirley Mclean claims to have had a past live, as others have, and present this as some premise of Past Life and Reincarnation and such.

I'll tell Shirley, she hasn't had a past live, but the Demon that is possessing her, and others like her, are suggesting she had a past life. They have been here on this planet possessing familiars since the days of Noah and the Great Flood.

These things (Demons, Devils, Spirits) have the memories Shirley is speaking about. Not Shirley.

Just a thought being offered for consideration

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shane

Originally posted by smallpeeps
Our Muslim Brothers?

Yeah, you even noted it. Ishmael and Issac. Abraham is the Father of Many nations. Arabs, Jews, Danes, Holland, and I could go on, but we are Brothers, in that we have our common forefather, and share our God.

I know it gets overlooked quite often, and thats too bad.

Yeah but I was pointing to the stupidity of it, not some wonderful secret. I mean, it's silly to think that just one guy, out in the desert, had an exclusive channel to talk to God. I cannot accept that whatsoever. There's little proof of Abraham's identity anyway, and it looks to me like he's an amalgam of more than one guy.

Anyway, you think it's just by accident that the top three religions come from him and yet people don't talk much about it? No, I'd say it's by design. There are people at the top of each of the three branches, Jew Islam and Christian, who foment hatred toward the other branches. Christianity in many ways seems to be repackaged Judaism.

Shirley Mclean claims to have had a past live, as others have, and present this as some premise of Past Life and Reincarnation and such.

I'll tell Shirley, she hasn't had a past live, but the Demon that is possessing her, and others like her, are suggesting she had a past life. They have been here on this planet possessing familiars since the days of Noah and the Great Flood.

Ha ha. So you're saying that people who have awareness of previous lives are demon-possessed, eh? Why doesn't that surprise me. Demons just slipped inside my brain when I started thinking about my soul? Is that right? I need clarification as to how demons get in my head please.

So what will you become when you die, Shane? A spirit? But you will not be a spirit who is able to possess humans, is that right? You'll be some other kind of lesser spirit, headin' for heaven? Will you go to heaven forever after you die? And after a hundred thousand years at God's heavenly teat, you would not have a desire to be born again into human form and meet new challenges and experiences?

To me, the idea of being "not perfect, just forgiven" is the biggest blemish on Christ-worship. A funny/sad example of this is the horrible Gilles de Rais:

www.nndb.com...

Born into the ruling family of Brittany, Gilles de Rais was the companion of Joan of Arc, Marshal of France and a national hero before he turned 26. In his later years he was accused of torturing, sodomizing, and disemboweling as many as 800 children at his country estate.

[...]

"You who are present -- you, above all, whose children I have slain -- I am your brother in Christ. By Our Lord's Passion, I implore you, pray for me. Forgive me with all your hearts the evil I have done you, as you yourselves hope for God's mercy and pardon." -- Gilles de Rais at his trial

Now here is the question about forgiveness. Supposedly, Jesus' death forgives all sin, and in fact, de Rais was correct in his words above. But isn't it horrendous? Doesn't it just make your stomache turn? I know it does mine. No, I prefer a system of universal judgement that does not allow forgiveness or even offer it. I prefer a system of merit and action.

In my system, Gilles de Rais gets reborn and his karma and actions in his life determines what that birth will be. There is no priestly absolution of sins for him. Why does Christianity almost ASK for people to sin, so as to have something to confess? I think this is why they made up the idea of hellfire, so that they could feel that there is a place where people like this get sent.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join