It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Macromedia flash... conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Has any one ever noticed that flash player has settings when you right click it? Then click on settings..... it states.... "Privacy, Allow macromedia.com to access your camera and microphone?"
It seems to me that this might bother some conspiracy folks out there. However, I don't have a mic or camera hooked up to my computer but just the idea of them accessing someones camera and microphone..... I wonder how much they listen in and watch?!?!
And they aren't even the government.

You can check it out for yourself at the source..... and then any other web site that uses flash player...

www.macromedia.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
heheh if they decided to check up on you via those sources your bandwidth would drop to zero. Maybe you should write to them and ask what it is for.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
They provide it for others to use. Its not macromedia. Luckily the default is DENY!

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniQue Werkx

Has any one ever noticed that flash player has settings when you right click it? Then click on settings..... it states.... "Privacy, Allow macromedia.com to access your camera and microphone?"
It seems to me that this might bother some conspiracy folks out there. However, I don't have a mic or camera hooked up to my computer but just the idea of them accessing someones camera and microphone..... I wonder how much they listen in and watch?!?!

You can check it out for yourself at the source..... and then any other web site that uses flash player...

www.macromedia.com...

oh please,flash a conspiracy,lmao. I could never believe the government would take the time and the money to watch someone as normal as me.lmao.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniQue Werkx

www.macromedia.com...

Great find, but I tried to go to settings and it was grayed out. Mine is different?

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Oh nevermind, I went to the Macromedia site and it has that option available. Odd tho, I wonder how that feature works if you let them use your cam and stuff.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows
oh please,flash a conspiracy,lmao. I could never believe the government would take the time and the money to watch someone as normal as me.lmao.

...And *that's exactly* the attitude that they *want* you to have, so that they can watch you even as you laugh at the very idea that they watch you...

top topics

join