It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Train Collision With Hovering UFO Disc Paintsville, KY

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I just got this story in e-mail and it appears that has been published at National UFO Reporting Center on Aprit the 4th, 2006. The story is astonishing and by posting in here I hoppe somebody from this area would try to confirm what happend on January the 14th 2002 at 2.47 am..

Train Collision

At exactly 2:47 a.m. on Jan. 14 02, while working a coal train enroute from Russell Kentucky to Shelbiana Kentucky, our trailing unit and first two cars were severely damaged as we struck an unknown floating or hovering object. I know it was 2:47 because my watch froze, and to this day shows that time. Along with my watch the entire electrical systems on both locomotives went haywire.

Approaching a bend near milepost cmg 42 in an area referred to as the wild kingdom, for the many different types of animals spotted there, my conductor and I saw lights coming from around the way. This ordinarily means another train is coming and will pass on the other track. The outlay of the area is this, the river, #1 track, #2 track and a straight up mountainside, carved out for the laying of these tracks. I killed our lights as not to blind the oncoming crew.

As we rounded the corner our onboard computer began to flash in and out, speed recorder went nuts, and both locomotives died. Alarm bells began to ring and thats when we saw the objects. Apparently scanning the river for something, the objects, (at least 3) had several "search" lights trained there, the first object hovered about 10 to 12 feet above the track.

Metallic silver in color with multiple colored lights near the bottom and in the middle, no windows or openings of any kind that we could see. Approximately 18 to 20 feet in length and probably ten feet high.

With both engines dead as we rounded the corner we made little noise and the first object did not respond in time, I estimate that we hit the object at 30 mph with 16,000 trailing tons behind us. It clipped the top of our lead unit then skipped back slicing a chunk out of our trailing unit and first two coal cars. The other objects vanished into thin air.

Our emergency brakes had initiated due to the loss of power and we stopped approximately a mile and a half to two miles after impact. Our power restored after we were stopped and we notified our dispatcher, located in Jacksonville Fla. of what had happened...

LINK

This is the most astonishing sighting report that I've read in the recent years. We've read about ufo sightings over the skies, above water, below water... but a sighting of a ufo colliding with e train is HUH...
Can anybody confirm the acuracy of this report???

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Wow. Amazing incident. Either its by an inventive story teller or it really happened.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   
So in very little time, they had men and equipment in a half abandoned train yard ready to repair and disassemble a wrecked train.

Then in little or no time they had everything gone.

I happen to work with a guy who used to work on the engines (the locomotive). They are diesel that turn generators which feed electricity to the motors on each wheel of the train. (just the main engine car, not each car thereafter). The diesel engines at the time of when he left the company were running around 6000 hp. (just to let you know)

They had time to set up a tent big enough to cover rail cars then tear it all down without any evidence. Then to carry away the wreckage with no one seeing anything.
Give me a break.

I again raise the bs flag.

One thing I've noticed on this site are the vague articles, no pictures, poor pictures, or people not wanting to give information. Almost everything I've read on here concerning ufo's could be easily typed in a word processor then copied and pasted

Show me a scan of the newspaper containing the article. Surely out of the 1000's printed, someone can provide that.

One more thing: All the evidence is gone except for a PUBLIC story from the men on the train. They couldn't make any phone calls but they can publish a story.
Even if they showed the train wreckage, I doubt less or more people would believe it. But at least there would be a picture. Seems like a lot of effort to cover it up then let them print a story in a newspaper.

B.S.

[edit on 1-6-2006 by mirager]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
The report does state that the witness's silence was appreciated. I take that to mean not mandatory.

This alleged event happened over four years ago now. I imagine if this did happen the witness who made this report finally had the event bug him enough to discuss it regardless of any alleged national security issues.

UFO events that happen to non-believers who get some kind of alleged official response usually at first believe it. Some do begin to investigate the subject and come to conclusions other than what was told to them originally. So they speak out. This is what might have happened here.

A conspiracy so vast as to keep the entire population of the earth ignorant of continued extraterrestrial visitation would require an enormous cover-up mechanism to be in operation at all times in order to remove and confiscate as much evidence as possible as quickly as possible. Secret contingency groups would have to be on alert like fire fighters to jump on these cases with proper equipment.

This would all be perfectly plausible if extraterrestrial visitation was happening. IMO, this is exactly what is going on.

[edit on 1-6-2006 by heelstone]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
It is sad that there are no picture's to co-oberate this story, but a whole heck of alot more believable than most of the ET/UFO stuff that you find on here as of lately.
As for them assembling tents and a detainment of the crew scenario, I will side with heelstone...

Great find!!!!
Thanx.....

Allred

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirager
So in very little time, they had men and equipment in a half abandoned train yard ready to repair and disassemble a wrecked train.

They had time to set up a tent big enough to cover rail cars then tear it all down without any evidence. Then to carry away the wreckage with no one seeing anything.
Give me a break.

Show me a scan of the newspaper containing the article. Surely out of the 1000's printed, someone can provide that.

One more thing: All the evidence is gone except for a PUBLIC story from the men on the train. They couldn't make any phone calls but they can publish a story.
Even if they showed the train wreckage, I doubt less or more people would believe it. But at least there would be a picture. Seems like a lot of effort to cover it up then let them print a story in a newspaper.

Mirager, skepticism is healthy but it seems like you made a lot of assumptions without reading the report carefully.

Firstly, it's not a newspaper article but a report logged in a UFO research database. It doesn't seem like there is any intention to "publish" a story.

Secondly, the report doesn't state that the rail cars were repaired, dissasembled, or carried away - only that the witness assumed the damaged cars had been moved to another track and covered (a "tent" could be as simple as a bunch of tarps hung over the cars).

I'm not saying I believe the report, but I don't see any impossibilities in the actions or timeline.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Cool...

I grew up near Russell, its in Greenup County, right next to Boyd County where I lived. Been to Russell a lot in my time, small town, big rail yard there.

I've also been to Paintsville, another small town.

I'm going to look for some other reports of this from local news papers in those towns...

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
There's a lively and informative discussion over at ModelRailroader.com; those guys live and breath trains.

It reinforces my already low opinion of the driving ability of ETs: any moron knows you don't park on a railroad track. Probably the only reason we didn't hear about a UFO crash is that there's no flat, open country close by for them to blindly run into

[edit on 1-6-2006 by rand]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
As soon as the writer switched to a first-person account, instead of a third-person account, the story lost a lot of confidence with me.

And I agree, something THAT large (16000 tons) doesn't just get disassembled and removed so quickly. Nor does the incident NOT find its way to the media is some form.

Overall, I think the guy who submitted the story to the UFO reporting center decided to send in a fake report. There's just too little supporting his claims to make it, in my mind, a valid story.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I didn't see the "switch" you claim. It reads first person the entire way. It also looks believable, no extra fluff like describing the night air or it struck us with the impact of a thunderbolt kinda stuff.

Either this event happened or this guy writes a good story. They could have struck a man made craft, who knows? One thing I notice is that even though it would seem like a far fetched story, it's not written that way. It's kinda no nonsense, hence my first para.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirager

I happen to work with a guy who used to work on the engines (the locomotive). They are diesel that turn generators which feed electricity to the motors on each wheel of the train. (just the main engine car, not each car thereafter). The diesel engines at the time of when he left the company were running around 6000 hp. (just to let you know)

Give me a break.

I again raise the bs flag.

One thing I've noticed on this site are the vague articles, no pictures, poor pictures, or people not wanting to give information. Almost everything I've read on here concerning ufo's could be easily typed in a word processor then copied and pasted

B.S.

[edit on 1-6-2006 by mirager]

I wonder if you ever read the entire post guys. What picture? Is a sighting report in National UFO Database Center for Christ sake. This poor guy took the liberty after 4 years to report what happend. Why bashing everybody and trying to kill every story without having the slightest idea of what happend? Gee, why do you even bother reading...

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Wowza...nevr knew there was so much info available on RR accidents.

Federal Railroad Administration

=====Accident 4 =============
DERAILMENT on Jan 12 2002 CSX Transportation [CSX ]
RR Report 010204009
Involving FREIGHT TRAIN at 4 :15AM
Locos(Total/derailed) 2/0 in Kentucky CSX Transportation [CSX ]
Track Maintenance RR
Cars(Total/derailed) 93/5 County of PIKE
Speed 003 Eqp Dmg $14,049 Near or in ESCO
....................Track information....................
Main Damage $300 Milepost 0006.4 FRA Class 2
Total Casualties: 0 Deaths and 0 Injured
....Method(s) of operation ....Cause(s)....
Traffic control
Spring Switch not cleared before reversing

C87611 ENROUTE TO SHELBY ENTERED THE TUNNEL AT CMN6 AND
SAW ROCKS ON TRACK AT EAST END OF TUNNEL.
THEY ATTEMPTED TO RADIO FOR HELP,
ROCKS BEGAN TO FALL AGAIN,
CREW BACKED TRAIN UP THROUGH SPRING SWITCH AND

=====Accident 5 =======================

HIGHWAY-RAIL IMPACT on Jan 18 2002 CSX Transportation [CSX ]
RR Report 010221018
Involving FREIGHT TRAIN at 5 :15PM
Locos(Total/derailed) 2/0 in Kentucky CSX Transportation [CSX ]
Track Maintenance RR
Cars(Total/derailed) 12/0 County of HOPKINS
Speed 037 Eqp Dmg $45,000 Near or in HANSON

....................Track information....................
Main Damage $90,000 Milepost 0282.1 FRA Class 4
Total Casualties: 0 Deaths and 0 Injured
....Method(s) of operation ....Cause(s)....
Current of traffic
Other causes (highway-rail collisions)

J82618 HIT TRACTOR TRAILER HUNG UP ON CROSSING AT HANSON, KY
AT HIGHWAY #260. TRAILER HAD SMALL CRANE ON IT.
=======================

Nothing for the 14th.
Nothing at NTSB, either.
(Unless, of course, every one of the civilian employees of those civil agencies are in on a top-secret military conspiracy.)

Haven't been able to find any newspaper or TV reports, etc., for the area.

Paintsville only has around 4000 residents; surely someone in the town would have known something.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Nahhh RR's report about accidents doesn't mean anything. If it happend as this guy said then they have more then one reason to cover it up. The best thing to do is to have somebody who lives close to that place and could go and ask the people of the area if something happend in January the 14th, 2002.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This scenario is not impossible anyway you look at it.

Take Roswell. The story was broadcast for one single day, then covered up and forgotten. Since UFOs have been around a long time, our military cover-up machine has become more efficient. It is not out of the realm of possibility that since then, teams of military personnel specially trained for crash site retrievals/recoveries have been formed that can make a crashed ufo and the evidence disappear within hours. Its not totally impossible.

Nor is the lack of a report.

(Unless, of course, every one of the civilian employees of those civil agencies are in on a top-secret military conspiracy.)

They dont have to be. In the case of Roswell, civilian radio station staff and reporters were told to shut up or lose their liscences and jobs, those who were local. So local NTSB personnel could have been told to ignore it, or told to shut up. Its not totally impossible, especially in a small population area such as this.

Im not saying that I believe this story. I niether believe it nor disbelieve it. It is one single report, and until further information comes forth to either cooberate or disprove this story, I shall leave it in the realm of "who knows, but for now its not that important".

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
Nahhh RR's report about accidents doesn't mean anything. If it happend as this guy said then they have more then one reason to cover it up. The best thing to do is to have somebody who lives close to that place and could go and ask the people of the area if something happend in January the 14th, 2002.

If I were hiding a real event, I'd think it would make more sense if there were a report, placing the blame for the accident on falling rocks and/ or an obstruction over the tracks; then it becomes a case of "yeah, it happened, but it happened so fast the engineers didn't really know what they hit."

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
They had two and a half hours to get people to Paintsville from the time of the occurence until the train "limped" into the rail yard. Easily time to round up the troops so to take care of a possible situation. Likely the damaged rail cars and such were moved to other tracks and then taken to another facility by that same rail later that morning. Who knows where they were taken. Someone likely noticed something unusual with rail cars being covered or something as they passed through their towns. But with the story not reaching the news media, wouldn't we all just pass it off as probably nothing and forget about it entirely?

There is nothing in the statement about the cars being disassembled. They stated that they were 4 rails over under a huge tent like structure. "No disassembly required" they simply hauled them down the railroad track like every other train does. They didn't go back through Paintsville for at least 8 hours, so why would the wreckage from a possible UFO encounter still be sitting there, it wouldn't?

Whether this was a UFO incident or a made up story, the report to me doesn't leave an holes that would make it impossible to be true.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I cant believe an advanced alien ship capable of interstellar space gets hit by a locomotive..I mean COME ON! Thats something I'd expect from a hick in a truck to get hit on the tracks..not an alien..utter hogwash

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jainatorres

Your argument is plausible but think about our technology, does low tech (or no tech) ever take out high tech in our present time? I would say 'yes' all the time.

Think about one 'no-tech' item: A multi million dollar high tech military jet aircraft get taken down by - get this - pigeons (actually it looks like ONE bird of unknown type, an unidentified flying bird or UFB
)!

Many times in the past, to both high tech mil aircraft and small to large (jumbo jets) commercial aircraft.

Just one example of Low-tech defeating High-tech, I'm sure there's many more. So is it implausible to think that an advanced (purported) UFO allowed itself to be impacted by a low-tech locomotive? Nope.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by battlestargalactica]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I read about this maybe 2 years ago. There was a picture of a locomotive with a huge dent in the front up high. Im not sure why there isn't any mention of the photo. As far as its validity goes... WHO KNOWS! If it could be proved it would never get out.

AS-

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Ok, since i live in Paintsville Ky and i really don't remenber the story about a UFO /train wreck but i do remeber but i don't remember when we had a train hit a bunch of rock and it tore up a train car but it wasn't a big story because around here there are a lot of rock falls so unless it actually crushes someone it doesn't get a vcery big story as for the train disappearing we always have banged up or distroyed train cars and engines at the rail yard so no one pays any attention so it wouldn't be a cover up if no one made a fuss about it at the time not if they had mentioned what had hit it then there would have been thousands of amatuer ufo and news hounds sniffing around especially sine back in the 70's we had weird lights in the sky over old baldy in Van Lear so we really like our weird stories and yes i really did see the lights and too this day i don't know what they were

top topics

<<   2 >>

join