It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people still support Bush?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
First of all, this isn't a thread for Bush supporters to say why they support him. Heard it. Refuted it. Please take it to another thread.

What I want to know is what motivates people to support him? I don't get it. He has pushed the US to the point of bankruptcy. He has embroiled the US in an unwinnable and illegal war. He has opened the country to illegal immigration and is encouraging the exportation of good jobs.

He has to be a strong contender for worst President ever. If he was running a candy store he would have been fired.

So why the hell would anyone support him? I just don't get it. Can anyone understand the 29%'s mentality? Are they just stupid or can someone give me some insight into how their minds work? If you have met a few, please let me know your opinion. Thanks.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
First of all, this isn't a thread for Bush supporters to say why they support him.

So you don't want to hear answers from those who know the reasons?

It's obvious you already have an answer and just want validation.

Anyway, Peace, have a good Bash, and continue to Embrace Ignorance!

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I stated very clearly what this thread is about.

It's not about Bush bashing. It's not even about Bush supporter bashing.

It's an enquiry into what makes people support a president who is clearly, by any sane measure, a total disaster. Why do they support him? I don't get it.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The reason some continue to support Bush is that we refuse to let the media brainwash us.

The media refuses to give credit to Bush for anything. Did you know that the unemployment rate is 4.7%? It never got that low during Clinton, but if it did you would have known about it, because it would have led off every news program, and would have been on the front page of every major paper.

Let's face it, the media had a love-affair with Clinton and a hate-fest with Bush.

The media reports what fits their liberal agenda, good news for Bush = bad news for them.

I just can't believe so many people fall for the media's game.

Can you give Bush credit for the fact the U.S. has not been attacked since 9/11/01?

If you can't then the media has you right where they want you.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
While the administration says it created nearly 5 million jobs since 2003, the vast majority of those jobs were in the low-paying service sector. At the same time, U.S. manufacturers have shed 2.9 million jobs from 2001 to 2006 - jobs such as the ones that used to exist in abundance here in Freeport, jobs that had benefits and paid enough to actually support a family on.

Huge job creation if you like working in McDonalds or Wal-Mart.

Has no-one any idea why these people support Bush? Anti-Bush media? The media has been castrated since 9-11 and is only now getting back on its feet. Don't agree with the war. ANTI-AMERICAN.

A love-affair with Clinton? Is he crazy? The media crucified Clinton for a blow-job and perjury. How does that compare with 2500 US troops dead and an illegal war blowing up in our faces? And lets not forget the almost daily revelations of shenanigans from the Bush administration. Yee Gods. What about the hookers?

Is that the only reason I am going to get here? That they are crazy? I was hoping for something more. I was hoping to understand.

[edit on 31-5-2006 by rizla]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I stated very clearly what this thread is about.

It's not about Bush bashing. It's not even about Bush supporter bashing.

It's an enquiry into what makes people support a president who is clearly, by any sane measure, a total disaster. Why do they support him? I don't get it.

Yes, you stated it veeeeeeery clearly:

It's not about Bush bashing. ... president who is clearly, by any sane measure, a total disaster.

Look, I don't like the man either, but as long as people like you are embracing ignorance by refusing to debate your opponents in an open way, there's never going to be a solution. Don't wrap your flaming and trolling in riddles - speak the truth and get on with it. Otherwise, this may not be the best place for you.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz

First of all, this isn't a thread for Bush supporters to say why they support him.

So you don't want to hear answers from those who know the reasons?

It's obvious you already have an answer and just want validation.

Anyway, Peace, have a good Bash, and continue to Embrace Ignorance!

as much as I dislike what this administration has done...I have to agree with this post.

None knows the way a bush supporters mind is going to work... then a bush supporter. Really it IS the only way your going to really get your answers IMHO

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Car,

Originally posted by Carseller4
Can you give Bush credit for the fact the U.S. has not been attacked since 9/11/01?

If you can't then the media has you right where they want you.

Can you tell me when the US was attacked prior to 11/09/01?

Cheers

S

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It's all a matter of opinion and one's paradigm. From the past two presidential elections, it has become clear that the country has become polarized into two camps; one liberal/Democrat and the other conservative/Republican. Whereas Liberals might vote fora particular candidate or personality, it is fairly obvious that Conservatives have not necessarily voted for Bush but for a Conservative/Republican platform.

Keep in mind that although the Presidency does, indeed, hold a great deal of power, the office of the President is not omnipotent. The Republican majority in the Senate and the Congress is the real power base and, as such, I presume that this is the reason that Conservatives have voted Bush into office. As far as support for the President, well the polls concerning Bush's Approval Rating show that he garners very low support. Nevertheless, Conservatives still support their own platform and agenda.

Perhaps if the Liberal Democrats spent less time attacking a lame-duck president and, instead, challenged the Conservative platform with a platform of their own -- one that gains majority support from American voters they would gain a greater foothold in the House and Senate during the upcoming Congressional elections.

The U.S. is not run by a cult of personality -- something that Liberals seem buy into ever since the Kennedy era.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

this isn't a thread for Bush supporters to say why they support him.
What I want to know is what motivates people to support him?

uhmmmmm.

Who do you think can give you an answer on that, the people that support him, or the people that don't.

Are they just stupid or can someone give me some insight into how their minds work?

They must all be dribbling cannibals running on their brain stems alone.

What the heck kind of answers do you actually think you are going to get? Is this a Rant or a Discussion?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Has no-one any idea why these people support Bush?

Look, its pretty simple. Some people think that the war is paramount, and that bush is the only one that is going to prosecute the war. People don't look to bush for ecomonic genius, diplomatic finesse, or anything else.

The US was attacked on 911, he's the only one stubbourn enough to continue the counter-attack. Thats why people support him. Anyone else, and Iran would be permited to build nukes and the US would've pulled out of Iraq while screaming 'Quagmire! Quagmire!'. Face it, the public supports him because they public wants the war. Thats why they voted for him, and thats why they're going to vote for anyone that he 'taps' as his war-time successor.

So you can rant about everyone being 'stupid delusional morons' all you want, he's your president now, and his successor will be your president next.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandman210372
Can you tell me when the US was attacked prior to 11/09/01?

Easy one. First attack on the World Trade Center, February 26, 1993. The intent was to cause the tower to topple into the other one, causing them both to fall.

They finished the job 8 1/2 years later.

[edit on 6/1/2006 by eaglewingz]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
One reason people support Bush is because they don't want to see their global status compromised. As both Bush I and II have stated "the American standard of living is non-negotiable." If their was a restructuring of the world economy the US would stand to lose the most. And don't we really deserve everything we take from others? Bottom line it's fear, people feel protected when a leader such as Bush is willing to start wars and occupy oil rich lands so our SUV's can continue to run. The irony of the whole thing is that Bush is actually hastening our demise.

[edit on 2-6-2006 by polanksi]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bripe Klmun
Look, I don't like the man either, but as long as people like you are embracing ignorance by refusing to debate your opponents in an open way, there's never going to be a solution. Don't wrap your flaming and trolling in riddles - speak the truth and get on with it. Otherwise, this may not be the best place for you.

You sir are wrong. This is not a troll. It is not flaming. It is indignation. And what sane individual would not feel anger at what is happening to the Western world because of Bush's policies? Oh lets all smile and clink glasses as Rome burns.

Yes my approach is direct, but I'm tired of sophist-right-wingers wasting my time bending words and down-right lying before they are caught in the fraud of their own arguments and vanish in a puff of unlogic. I can't be bothered with it.

This is not a debate. It is an investigation into a question: Why do people still support an administration that is corrupt, incompentent and marching us toward the brink of collapse?

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
It's all a matter of opinion and one's paradigm.

You sir are also wrong. It's not a question of paradigm views and all that hippy/neo-con crap. It's hard reality. Empirical facts. The deficit, massive tax cuts massively favoring the rich, poor kids killed in illegal wars started and incompetently managed by leaders who repeatedly used their wealthy connections to avoid defending their country. How can people not see through this? Supporting it is lunatic as far as I can see.

Originally posted by polanksi
One reason people support Bush is because they don't want to see their global status compromised. As both Bush I and II have stated "the American standard of living is non-negotiable." If their was a restructuring of the world economy the US would stand to lose the most. And don't we really deserve everything we take from others? Bottom line it's fear, people feel protected when a leader such as Bush is willing to start wars and occupy oil rich lands so our SUV's can continue to run. The irony of the whole thing is that Bush is actually hastening our demise.

Polanski, thanks for this. That is a real perception. Yes, I believe you are right. It's all that God Bless America and America is the Best stuff gone brutally scared. Faced with an reality incompatible with their world-view, they deny and attack it rather than face up to it. This sort of mechanism always reacts violently.

[edit on 2-6-2006 by rizla]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I think all nations have a bit of ethnocentrism but England and America have certainly taken it to the extreme. You know the White Mans Burden and all. It is after all just a ratonalization for all the repugnant things we do. Please excuse my ignorance but what does entenebre mean?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
since this isn't a discussion but a 'group rant', shall I move it to the 'rant' forum??

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by polanksi
I think all nations have a bit of ethnocentrism but England and America have certainly taken it to the extreme. You know the White Mans Burden and all. It is after all just a ratonalization for all the repugnant things we do. Please excuse my ignorance but what does entenebre mean?

Hmmm, I removed the stuff about England in the edit. Felt it veered off the main point. But yes, you're right. The white man's burden. For Harry and St.George. God Bless America. It's all the same. We're bombing them for their own good. Really we are. And that attitude of superiority is now being threatened in many ways--the rise of Asia, the failure in Iraq.

Tenebre means shadow. Sometimes you can prefix a french noun/verb with en to form an adjective. Dommage and Endommage (damage and damaged). Entenebre means enshadowed (we also use the 'en' thing--English borrows heavily from french, though it often sounds archaic). It's not a commonly used word, but I saw it one day, put it there, and forgot to change it.

[edit on 2-6-2006 by rizla]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
since this isn't a discussion but a 'group rant', shall I move it to the 'rant' forum??

Originally posted by Rizla
This sort of mechanism always reacts violently.

I expected nothing else. Will you cut my mike too?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Obviously, no other input is either desired or welcomed by the OP

originally posted by rizla
This is not a debate

[edit on 6/2/2006 by eaglewingz]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Again,

Originally posted by Rizla
This sort of mechanism always reacts violently.

You are doing exactly as I predicted. You prove my point.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join