It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

luo doubs on cnn censored in the us may 31

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
luo doubs censored on cnn in the us on may 31 from 6:30 - 6:51) they cut out all the sound!!! this is bad in the us you have the right to freedom of the press!!! coment back if you wachting this like me...

[edit] just grammar

[edit on 31-5-2006 by imwithstupid]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
What makes you think it is sencorship? Occasionally, feeds from networks have a glitch, or the feed coming from your cable company has a glitch. Sometimes no picture, somtimes no sound. No big deal.

Me thinks you are a little paranoid.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
What was he saying before they cut his sound? Or was there an opportunity to catch it before it was cut? It may very well have been technical but I'm curious as to what he was saying.

And freedom of the press doesn't apply to corporations, you know.

[edit on 31-5-2006 by bsbray11]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
the commercails got through just fine and its still censored i was wrong it was just commercails!!!

[edit] its a news service thats owned by corp. the news still has to be un censored

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm confused. Did you see this or did you hear it somewhere? If you heard it, can you tell us where?

Your last post seems to say the commercials were silenced.

Can you clear this up please? Do you have a link?

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
WOW. Too bad i missed that tonight. He must be fuming right about now.

Censored. That's what happened i bet.

:shk:

Nothing on his website yet. This may be one of the reasons:

www.cnn.com...

You go LOU. Get the truth out there. Silencing will only show others the true state of affairs in the USA.

[edit on 31-5-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
the news was slinced not the comercials... and it still censored

yes i saw it happen

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Did you actually see it happen?

Or did you hear about it?

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
yes i saw it happen if you didnt see my edit and it still censored

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
what was happening before the feed was 'censored'?

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
It's working fine for me but it isn't Lou Dobbs, It's Wolf and the situation room.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what Lou says...

Thanks for bring this out imwithstupid!

[edit on 31-5-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
they going onlong the lines of war on the middle class

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by imwithstupid
the commercails got through just fine

Since the commericials aren't recording their sound from his desk and equipment, thats not too surprising.

they going onlong the lines of war on the middle class

If 'they' wanted to censor dobbs, they'd have his editor say, 'no, do a different story tonight', which is what happens all the time. They wouldn't have him on but turn of the sound.

Besides, dobbs is a hack, he's the reason why we have this looney-tunes distraction over 'illegal immigration', while there are real problems being ignored. If 'they' want to destroy the freedom of the press and wreck america, then 'they'd' be putting dobbs and pilgrim on their payroll.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
^^ This is a very good point. It's really easy to get caught up in the idea that any government censorship will be blatant, with all of the subtlty of a 2-year old hiding a toy, but Nygdan is correct in pointing out that this is a bad way to look at it.

True censorship is subtle. It's the government applying a little pressure here, and a little there, so that the networks end up censoring themselves. It's a bit of noise about the AG cracking down on ill-defined "indecency in popular media" and then sitting back and watching the big 3 networks scramble to bowlderize their own news and shows.

Heck, if you want to jump off the deepend into conspiracy mode, the best way for the government to ruin the check the so-called "fourth estate" has on it is to encourage hacks like Dobbs, Limbaugh, Dr. Laura, and other commentators who are as much sideshow barkers as they are journalists, to have an even greater representation on the news shows and networks, crowding out real news in favor of shouting matches and grandstanding.

join