It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Tomb Found in the Valley of the Kings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
On Sunday June 4th, at 9:00 EST on the Discovery Channel, they will show the opening of a a tomb in the Valley of the Kings. If I am not mistaken, this was the first tomb found in something like 84 years.

Tomb Opened

This is incredibly exciting, and suprisingly it was only 50 feet away from King Tut's tomb. I have even heard that this may be or lead to the site of this pharoah's queen. In fact a gold coffin was found in the tomb, so who knows.

I am definatly going to catch this. This disvovery could definatly enter the history books.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I don't have the Discovery Channel.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have been looking forward to this show, unfortunately, "I have to work when it's on!!"

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Allred and Nventual, that really stinks.

dont worry though, the others who watch this and i will be sure to inform you on everything that happens

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
ooo this should be intresting will need to watch this thanks for saying its on

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
(bump)

The show's on now. So far, they've placed it at the end of the Amarna period.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
meh if it involves Zahi Hawass then I'd rather read the transcript ;p

That guy just winds me up. He's a hack.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
so the show has just finished, and it was pretty good.

here's a list of the theories they came up with for an explanation of the new tomb

1) it was created for items that were previously stored in tut's tomb, and then moved when he was placed in it.

2)it is a storehouse for used mumification materials.

3)this theory is that it housed one of the relatives of king tut, and most likely his queen.

thoeries one and two both have some problems with them, but theory three seems to fit the best.

the tomb was dated to the the time of king tut, and many seals linking the two tombs. also, there was a a miniature golden coffin discovered, linking this tomb to royalty. also because it has very feminine features it is believed to be the tomb a a female member of tut's royal court.

there were many coffins discovered in this tomb, although unfortunatly none held mummies. there is one they didnt open however, which will hopefully hold one.

i will definatly be waiting to see what comes of this.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seether
meh if it involves Zahi Hawass then I'd rather read the transcript ;p

That guy just winds me up. He's a hack.

Funny, I have said similiar with Byrd lately

But low and behold, what is found??? Seals

What do they indicate???

We had to awiat Hawass's People to show up and verify this, and give approval prior to the revelation.

That Hawass guy has got his finger's in it all.

But it was a good show. Always enjoy seeing the artifacts, but I do not think, I would have been down there breathing that Dust, while that Woman was pulling the Flesh out of the enbalming container. That was freaky.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
There was a representative from the Egyptian gov.......probably the same dept. where Hawass works, but oddly he made no personal appearance. Considering this was the 'first new find in ages', I'm surprised he missed a chance at such a large audience. Has he fallen from favor?

I thought the overall show was rather neat......the way they let one see how they worked out the inscriptions with reams of notes and hand copied cartouches.....

They promised an update on the final coffin......but I don't think they said when it would be coming??

[edit on 5-6-2006 by frayed1]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
And despite his absense, the Internationally renowned Egyptologist Extrodinaire, has Spoken.

HAWASS SAYS, and here it is.

www.metimes.com...
Tut's mum's mummy? Cliffhanger in Egypt's Valley of the Kings

The secretary-general of Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities, Zahi Hawass, thinks that the final coffins may contain the remains of the Pharaoh's mother, whose identity is unknown, and not the wife of Tutankhamen, the boy king who died at the age of 18.

"Tutankhamen's widow married again, to the high official Ay who later became Pharaoh at the end of the 18th dynasty," Hawass said.

"She certainly lived long enough to be buried in a more dignified" tomb than this vault, he added.

And to my pet peeve (Hawass), we can add GOSSIP MONGER.

Hawass, the all-powerful antiquities supremo, has revealed that relations between Schaden and Corcoran are not the best.

He told the Al Ahram Weekly magazine that their dispute centers on "the direction of the dig," and that these "excellent Egyptologists" also engage in acrimonious exchanges.

"Small curses have occurred, [such] as the fight between the two fine Egyptologists Otto Schaden and Loreilei Corcoran. They both want to be director of the excavation. They even argue over who can give interviews," Hawass told the magazine.

So now, when I wish to refer to his, I'll use the APAS code. All-Powerful Antiquites Supremo.

Well, I knew it was too much of a good thing, not noting HAWASS SAYS.

But I would say, that maybe what was found, is as Hawass notes. It does make more sense, given the nature of the Site.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Are they going to do anything security wise, to protect the tomb? I did a paper on the Valley of the Kings several years ago and had an entire section on how people were raiding the tombs and selling the stuff they had stolen in the black market.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It is most likely Ankheshamun. The odds that she would be buried with or in the proximity to Aye are silly. He had a very brief reign, and the thought is she died before he did. Anyway. if Hawass says its Tuts mother, its his wife.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Here is a link to an article on the find. It only really refers to the initial discovery, but there are many related links attached at the bottom that go on in greater detail about the story.
New Tomb

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
There is a follow up show on tonight!

www.kv-63.com...

Egypt's New Tomb: Opening the Coffin is the second program following the astonishing discoveries being made by archaeologist Dr. Otto Schaden in Egypt's Valley of the Kings. This special follows the on-going action as the excavation of KV 63 reaches its climax.

Airs in the USA on July 9, 2006, 9:00 -10:00 pm ET

new topics

top topics

join