It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vegetarians vs flesh eaters.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
So vegetarians,

do any of you think it might be o.k to keep animals untill they die of natural causes and then eat them? or is the very act of flesh eating wrong.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tasteslikethunder
whats your thoughts on this y'all?

Do you dig on swine, or lunch on lettuce? do vegetarians make you shake your head or does the sight of a peice of flesh hanging out of someones mouth make you choke. Do you think it's proper evolution to become vegetarian, or do you think our flesh eating is ingrained in us from caveman days. This topic, much like politics or religion is one of those i've seen get heated very very quickly around the old table, and so - good members of bts - what's your opinion?

Is killing animals justified all in the name of "it tastes good, yummy"?

discuss.

aside from the fact that you can't live on lettuce (no nutrients)...

I eat no animal products (meat, eggs, cheese or dairy) except fish. I also don't eat any pre-packaged foods containing fake ingredients (corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, maltose corn syrup, high maltose corn syrup, colors [red 40, blue 2, etc.], and no natural or artificial flavors). I'm almost an Organic Vegan (except for the fish!)

I've been this way for about 6-7 months. And in that time I've lost 55 pounds!!!
I'm to my rightful body weight now. I think not eating junk makes your body realize where it should be. I don't even excercise and I'm 6'2" and 160 lbs now. Not a gross 215...

I have nothing against eating meat (I eat fish after all), but too much of it is extremeley high in fat and cholesterol. I think there's a misconception, that you need to get your protein from meat. That's highly inaccurate.

foods such as whole grains (brown rice, whole wheat, barley, rye, buckwheat, millet etc.), legumes (dried beans and peas), nuts, seeds and vegetables, you will be combining foods with different amino acids and getting ample, complete protein. Tofu, texturized vegetable protein, and tempeh are soy bean products that contain a concentrated amount of protein. They provide a good complement to other plant-based food, but are not essential to a vegetarian diet.

www.goaskalice.columbia.edu...

I dunno. Some people eat tons of meat and they're healthy. I guess it all depends on your genetic make-up. I know it's not great for my body...

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Lentils are an excellent source of protein, I eat them all the time, but they make me fart!

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
So vegetarians,

do any of you think it might be o.k to keep animals untill they die of natural causes and then eat them? or is the very act of flesh eating wrong.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

whatta ya think?

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I just ate a hamburger, it was the lick'

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I don't really care whether someone is a carnivore or a vegetarian. I feel it's a matter of personal choice. With this in mind, I often wonder why vegetarians frequently express their personal choice with the attitude that they are coming from the position of "moral superiority".

Why is it that vegetarians seem to put on "airs" of being "correct"? Is this just my perception?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I just ate a bunny!!

[edit on 10-8-2006 by IAF101]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I totally agree with Benevolent Tyrant that some vegetarians have a really insufferable attitude of superiority. Weird, in fact. I put that down to the fact that some people can handle power, and some cannot. But learning is always a choice. A friend of mine had a yoga teacher who entranced her class by announcing, "I cannot teach you anything, but you can learn."

For me, moving from omnivore to vegan was first an experiment. After four years however, of feeling really healthy, I'm just going with what works for me. Anyway, until I reestablish health insurance for myself, eating right IS my health insurance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join