It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what came first adam and eve or the dinosaurs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
the subject is what it is, what came first Adam and Eve or the Dinos? Silly question but one that has been in my head for some time now. I'd like to see what my fellow comrads think about this. By the way I am a new member but a long admirer of this site. Oh and excuse my bad writting, I look forward to your thoughts.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Since adam and eve are characters from a book written by peopel, I would go with the dinosaurs predating them.

Weclome to ATS btw!

If you like those kinds of topics, feel free to pop over to the Origins and Creationism forum:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Whats your background? How'd you get interested in this kind of stuff?

Also, since you are new here, you might like to check out some of the neat free avatars people are handing out:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
In that there is no evidence of Adam or Eve. The question is irrelevent !

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I think it was, in chronological order, Adam; then the dinosaurs; and then Eve.

Baack

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

posted by toyoniko

The subject is what it is, what came first Adam and Eve or the Dinos? Silly question but one that has been in my head for some time now. I'd like to see what my fellow comrade think about this. By the way I am a new member but a long admirer of this site. I look forward to your thoughts.
[Edited by Don W]

Welcome Aboard!

It sounds as if you are thinking about Bishop Ussher, of Ireland, but an Anglican, not a Catholic. The good bishop added the ages of the patriarchs recited in Genesis to arrive at an age for the Earth, or rather, for the time since Creation which are not necessarily the same?

Others refined it down to a time and day for the moment of Creation but I have never heard how they did that. Maybe it involved an Ouija board?

Not everyone believed that. James Hutton, known as the father of geology, questioned that theory in the late 18th century. He was a Scotsman. Which does not necessarily stand him in good stead. The Scots were some of the most difficult people to ‘domesticate’ by the English. Worse than the Welch and meaner by far than the Irish. For reasons I may not want to know, the Scots painted themselves and fought naked. The English finally put to rest the Scots at Culloden in 1745. Of Drambuie fame.

English and Scots have fought since at least 1296 when the Stone of Scone was captured by the English and moved to Westminster and built into the English throne. Civility ultimately prevailed and the UK returned it to Scotland in 1996, and granted Scotland limited self governance.

[edit on 5/31/2006 by donwhite]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, toyoniko!

In my opinion, The dinos were here first. I'm no expert on the subject, just my thoughts.

------------------------------------------
btw...
Don't forget to have fun while you're here.
Check out some of these forums on BelowTopSecret

General Chit Chat

Chit Chat Subjects

Travel
Jokes, Puns & Pranks
Folk Tales & Urban Legends
Food & Cooking
Relationships
People
Faith, Spirituality, & Theology
Health & Wellness
Rant
Members
Dreams & Personal Predictions

Arts & Entertainment

General Entertainment Discussion
Video Games
Television
Movies
Music
Comics
Fantasy & Science Fiction
Literature
Member Art

Computers & Internet

Computer Help
Website Design
Interesting Websites

Mechanic 32.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The chicken came first. Welcome.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
There is no such thing as Adam and Eve. If there were, and ALL of humanity came from them(the first man and women) then don't you think we would all have webbed feet, terrible eyesight, reduced fertility....evo's way of keeping us around....

I dont know, just a thought

My money is on stegasaurs.

[edit on 1-6-2006 by Census]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Census
There is no such thing as Adan and Eve. If there were, and ALL of humanity came from them(the first man and women) then don't you think we would all have webbed feet, terrible eyesight, reduced fertility....evo's way of keeping us around....

I dont know, just a thought

My money is on stegasaurs.

My money is in the same place. One, because they weren't written about (if you're going to give the bible the benefit of the doubt and call it a form of history, that's an opinion all on it's own), but hey, I know what you mean Census, and if I still lived near them, I would take a picture of my old neighbor's daughter. Definite sign of what you're talking about, but then again c'est la vie, that is Louisiana after all!

[edit on 6/1/06 by niteboy82]

new topics

top topics

join