It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Estate Tax...More Windfalls for Big Oil Execs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsenorpompom

So....how many trailer park right wingers can we expect to vote yes on this or vote yes for the Representative who would vote yes on the Repeal of the estate tax. This is what the Republican Party is known for....they convince Low Income families to vote for tax breaks for the SUPER rich, its mind boggling.

You do realize that that not all the wealthy are Republicans right. There are some who have made their fortunes not even dealing with oil at all.

Out of the 15 wealthiest Senators only 5 are Republicans. Your right, those Multimillionaires have the average person's back.

Weathly U.S. Senate

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I haven't read all the posts yet, but I had to reply to this one!

The Estate Tax has done far more to keep people from wealth than just about anything else I can think of. Those of real means are relatively unaffected by it.

It's complete repeal would be the best thing to happen to working America, imo.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
So do families like the person who owns two pieces of property worth 3.4M and has another 600K or so of assets. Is he rich?

Absolutely not. That is so far from the front gate of REAL wealth its laughable.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Shots,
I cant say I know how much the laylers would charge to set up a trust because I have never had to go through that and dont ever plan to half to. I will also stad by my origional statment that I dont plan to ever see enugh to half to pay the estate tax. I will also stand by my origional opinion that it should remain as it is. I am gald that life has blessed you as much as it has, but because there is class differences, I will always feel that if you have more you should be taxed more.

I am sory it took so long to get back with you this time. When I came home from work yesterday I was so tired I fell dead asleep.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join