It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good ol' fashioned Christian terrorism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Less Ridiculous than creating a Christian villain out of thin air and then playing Judge, Jury and ........

Why don't we just pretend that we live in a nation of Law's, where people are innocent until PROVEN guilty, shall we?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
i would, but i've been arrested and fined for more BS than i can renumerate here. this is a nation of power, and that;s all it's ever been.

you people...you're so deluded and willing to be herded in the 'right' direction...

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The perpetrator may not be Christian. It's a good bet by virtue of this country's religious breakdown alone, nevermind the protest connection, but it's by no means fact, until we know who the perpetrator is.

It's possible the Christians decided they wanted to stop the shop by any means necessary. It's also possible that the owner of the store wanted to capitalize on the situation with some insurance fraud - after all, he's got a bunch of likely suspects for the police to hassle, standing right outside his place of business.

Hopefully the investigators won't be so quick to jump top conclusions as some bystanders are.

There could be something else entirely going on, something stranger and more complicated than the top two. Facts are in short supply at the moment. Healthy curiosity should be nourished, not stifled with presumption, bad choice on the title IMO.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   

i would, but i've been arrested and fined for more BS than i can renumerate here.

That give's me a pretty good idea where you're coming from.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
...i dunno if that was supposed to be condescending, but then again, it's the innarnet, so what do i care, yeah?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
christian + terrorist = oxymoron

is no more a true statement than

muslim + terrorist = oxymoron

Both religions have had people do some incredibly stupid things in the name of their religion, which if you actually study the teachings of that religion, is obvious contrary to the ideology. But let's be historically honest here. Tally up the death toll from extremist islamic terrorism, war, everything, and compare it to the death toll caused by the Christian religion (the crusades, the Inquisition, The Roman Slaughter of the Jews).

Christianity wins by a land slide.

I'm a Christian, but I don't understand this knee jerk reaction, where if a Christian is criticized for doing something bad, there is something wrong with the accuser. And, if it turns out this even wasn't committed by a Christian (which i hgihly doubt it will be), there are numerous other examples of Christian Terrorism (abortion clinic bombings, gay bar bombings, heck, the KKK were originally a protestant religious organization).

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
So your War on Terror only applies to brown terrorists? So as long as you aren't brown you can go and fire bomb, blow up, and kill people without being in trouble?

No wonder the Middle East hates America so much, they only go after brown terrorists which the Middle East has plenty of. Although the past few days in the news it seems they kill anyone who is brown, old people, women, children, put them on their knees and kill them execution style.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I just fail to see how a whole ATS thread came to be created out of this non-issue.

There was the Rudolf guy who called himslef christian, and sure as hell there were countless others who commited acts of terrorism before.

Why is it news and why are we supposed to pay attention? Come on now.

The US terrorized the population of Serbia, so yeas, christians can terrorize christians, too.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
i just started it to voice my outrage that american citizens are doing the very thing we've got thousands of troops overseas trying to stop. it's absolutely ridiculous for anyone to support this war and not be livid about something like this happening because one of our own citizens is too ignorant to make the connection.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   

i just started it to voice my outrage that american citizens are doing the very thing we've got thousands of troops overseas trying to stop.

Good ol' fashioned American citizen's wasn't the title now was it?!

[edit on 2-6-2006 by HimWhoHathAnEar]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
ok, you got me. i also wanted to point out to the people who were ignorant (please, ignorance is not a bad thing, it just means you have more to learn) that not only muslims are responsible for this behavior. shame on me for pointing out something like that.

besides, it's not like evryone didn't know that. it's totally common sense, right? i was born knowing about this, i don't know why i assumed everyone would know. my bad.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Any forum is the proper forum to decry abuse, terrorism and intollerance. Therefore, this one is just fine.

Seekerof: when the suspects are gathered you can rest assurren that fundie christians will be among them.

fundie christians don't just hate Jews and other "non-believers" they hate the thing most of them secretly desire...anything involving...SEX.

It's a common defense mechanism that allows the misconception that if we forbid others from doing that which we secretly desire to do, we somehow satisfy our superficial attempts to disallow reccognition of our true desires. If we also imploy denail we don't even have to admit the desire exists. It happens every time someone wants to...ban...an activiry or book. It's based on fear and ignorance.

Remember Shakespear? He wrote the phrase for a purpose: "The lady doth protest too much, merhinks."

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
let's not stereotype. the only reasons i'm assuming (yes, i'll admit it's an assumption on my behalf, gasp!) that the person/s repsonsible are that the majority of american are part of that faith and that i don't know a whole lot of other religions that hold prayer vigils based on adult bookstores.

that being said, when i say christian, i mean catholic, christian, episcopal, puritan, etc...it's a blanket statement.

hell, it could be mormons, but i doubt it.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
There could be something else entirely going on, something stranger and more complicated than the top two. Facts are in short supply at the moment. Healthy curiosity should be nourished, not stifled with presumption, bad choice on the title IMO.

point taken, but anyone who's willing to let the thread title dissuade them from finding the information out on their own is not likely to have researched the topic anyhow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join