It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search for individual posts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Today is my "ask questions day". Sorry if I'm asking dumb questions or if they have been discussed already (I really did do a search ahead of time).

I was wondering if there was a way to look up a person's profile and find all the threads the person has posted to, not just the one's they have started or authored.

And also, I was wondering if there was a way, while inside a thread, to filter everyone else's posts out in order to read only one particular person's posts in that thread? So that on long threads I can read just one person's posts and not have to dig or re-read the entire thread (for direct reply's and such).

Just curious... Thanks again.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The answer to your two questions are:

1) No

2) No

Sorry.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
I was wondering if there was a way to look up a person's profile and find all the threads the person has posted to, not just the one's they have started or authored.

Not to disagree with our benevolent dictator but.... is that not exactly what the 'find posts' button does? If you click on a member's name you'll get all the threads authored by that member and if you click on the 'find posts' button at the bottom of a member's profile (under their sig line) you'll get all their posts regardless of who authored the thread, no? I'm guessing I've mis-understood the question as this is 'day 1' stuff and Simon says "no." Hmmm

BTW there are no dumb questions... or so I'm told.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
...look up a person's profile and find all the threads the person has posted to, not just the one's they have started or authored.

Click the
button at the bottom of any one of the member's posts.

...filter everyone else's posts out in order to read only one particular person's posts in that thread?

Click the bold, underlined 100 recent link at the top of any one of the member's posts (next to the quote button). This will show you the member's most recent posts. Close to what you are after. There is no way to filter a thread to show only the responses from one member. Another thing you can do is Ctrl-F for the member's name and then press F3 to jump to each next occurrence, however this only works page by page.

[edit on 2006-6-5 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
The answer to your two questions are:

1) No

2) No

Sorry.

Err Simon mate, think you will find it yes to both fella

1) click the members 'find post' tab under their name, at the bottom of their last post. It will show you what they have posted.

2) Or search the members name, then click their name and it will show you what threads they have posted in.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Actually i think you'll find Simon is right, if you look at the questions asked.

You can't go to a persons profile page and "find all the threads the person has posted to, not just the one's they have started or authored."

Go on try it, click the profile button and see

And..

There is no way whilst “inside a thread, to filter everyone else's posts out in order to read only one particular person's posts in that thread?"

Technically both the things above can be achieved using the methods stated in the posts above mine, but as far as Simons responses go he wasn't wrong.

[edit on 5-6-2006 by Burgess]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burgess
Actually i think you'll find Simon is right, if you look at the questions asked.
You can't go to a persons profile page and "find all the threads the person has posted to, not just the one's they have started or authored."

Yes you can

Click the member profile, then click 'Search for all posts by this ATS member'

Click that and it will show you all posts by the user.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well why didn't all you smart-asses reply to poor ol' mecheng five days ago....

I misunderstood the first question. This has been answered by the resourceful members.

As for the second question, the answer is still no I'm afraid.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
Well why didn't all you smart-asses reply to poor ol' mecheng five days ago....

I misunderstood the first question. This has been answered by the resourceful members.

As for the second question, the answer is still no I'm afraid.

OK, this smart ass has been dealt with (me)

The second questions answer is no, as Simon said.

But the apology was excellent from Simon for getting the question wrong

Err, that was an apology, wasn't it?

[edit on 5-6-2006 by Bikereddie]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the help.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Click the bold, underlined 100 recent link at the top of any one of the member's posts (next to the quote button). This will show you the member's most recent posts.

This must be a Mod option, as I don't see any '100 recent' link.

2 cents.

[edit on 6/5/2006 by Mechanic 32]

new topics

top topics

join