It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA vs World? Would you go Nuclear?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hello everyone!

I know this topic has been discussed before but I would like to focus this strictly on what military movements would be made.
So please no general "we would lose or win". I would like to know what you would do if you were the commander in cheif.

There is much discusion on a hypothetical USA vs the World scenario.

I Would Like to Find out what the average ATS'er would do in this scenario if you were the commander in cheif of the USA armed forces and were attacked from a unified "world force".

Say there were heavy military losses and a massive invasion was imminent with the potention of the USA being completely destroyed and overrun.

You are the President.

Your in air force one or a deep underground bunker.

You have no foriegn allies at your disposal. either they are now your enemy or has already been destroyed.

Initial USA atacks to prevent invasion have produced:

80% USA surface ship losses. and attack subs.

70% USA Air force losses.

50% USA troop and Mechanized equipment losses.

90+% USA SSBN "BOOMERS" in tact.

95+% Land based missle silos are in tact.

What would you do if massive invasion was imminent?

Would you go Nuclear? Surrender? let be destroyed? end the world?

-Reason

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I would go nuclear otherwise nuclear weapons are pointless. No nuclear power has ever been invaded for this reason because countries know good and well what would happen if they tried.

Mutual assured destruction

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I would go nuclear otherwise nuclear weapons are pointless. No nuclear power has ever been invaded for this reason because countries know good and well what would happen if they tried.

Mutual assured destruction

I agree. Go Nuclear. Let the world end.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I wouldn't throw the first punch unless it was thrown at me. Knowing this, the otherside probably wouldn't throw the first punch either. Nuclear weaponry, the ultimate pacifier.

War wouldn't start to begin with.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
if there is another world war, it'll likely be fought under the sheets.

bird flu might have been a scare tactic, but it also might very well have been a weapon....disease is how we beat the indians.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'd need more information.

Status of satellites and recon capabilities.
Position and make up of invasion forces.
Status of communications with nuclear capable forces.
Is the enemy a nuclear capable force?

The last one is the most important.

If I knew the location and composition of the invasion forces I would give severe consideration to attacking them with nuclear weapons. I would also consider a decapitation strike on the enemy leaders, as well as a strike on their nuclear forces.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Which enemy are we talking about? Russia? China? An Islamic Caliphate? I mean, before I end life on earth, I'd like to know exactly what alternative I have. Is the guy I'm fighting gonna be pacified that I surrendered- are is he gonna rape, pillage and enslave my country?

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Of course it would go nuclear.

I think there are several examples of this that would be true.

1) If the US were mass invaded by all other countries, nukes woude fly.
2) If Russia were mass invaded by all other countries, nukes would fly.
3) If India, Pakistan, France, England, Isreal ...................

Are we all seeing a pattern here. Any country that was under the conditions listed, and had nuclear weapons, would use them.

Is it right, i am actually not answering that "Moral" question. I am only answering they WOULD be used.

I feel it won't be long before someone (muslium?) tries to put Iran in this situation.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Back in the 1950s - I worked in Civil Defense - there was talk of preparing a “Doomsday Bomb” just in case the Ruskies slipped up on us and knocked out our retaliatory weaponry in some “first strike” scenario. Sort of a 9 year old’s version of “If I can’t Play, No one can Play” mentality.

Consider: Take your average 30 megaton Hydrogen Bomb, and wrap 15 or 20 tons of cobalt around it. Bury it deep in the ground so only a direct hit would disable it. Then, if and when the worst case happened, the last man to leave the room would flip the switch to detonate the bomb. It was estimated 15 tons of highly radioactive cobalt would encircle the earth and the radiation would last 1 to 2 million years. Everything on the planet would be killed.

So who won that one? I don’t know if we ever did this or not, but it sure sounds like a Curtis E. LeMay idea.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
That has to be the most scary thing I have heard from someone that has actually been in the internal workings of the US System
:

I feel a whole lot better now knowing that Mr Bush is in charge of this type of thinking in Washington

It's no wonder the entire World is on edge these days, can you blame us NON US Citizens for NOT liking the US Dominant Policies?

Originally posted by donwhite

Back in the 1950s - I worked in Civil Defense - there was talk of preparing a “Doomsday Bomb” just in case the Ruskies slipped up on us and knocked out our retaliatory weaponry in some “first strike” scenario. Sort of a 9 year old’s version of “If I can’t Play, No one can Play” mentality.

Consider: Take your average 30 megaton Hydrogen Bomb, and wrap 15 or 20 tons of cobalt around it. Bury it deep in the ground so only a direct hit would disable it. Then, if and when the worst case happened, the last man to leave the room would flip the switch to detonate the bomb. It was estimated 15 tons of highly radioactive cobalt would encircle the earth and the radiation would last 1 to 2 million years. Everything on the planet would be killed.

So who won that one? I don’t know if we ever did this or not, but it sure sounds like a Curtis E. LeMay idea.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by like2learn

I feel a whole lot better now knowing that Mr Bush is in charge of this type of thinking in Washington

It's no wonder the entire World is on edge these days, can you blame us NON US Citizens for NOT liking the US Dominant Policies?

If your perception of a man in the White House is a psycho, you be dead back in the year 2000. Get it? Since America had the bomb monopoly until 1949, the world be destroyed by now.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

posted by like2learn

That has to be the most scary thing I have heard from someone that has actually been in the internal workings of the US System . . [Edited by Don W]

Wait up there, L2L, I was a Geiger counter operator instructor. I learned 2 things. First, the whole US Civil Defense plan was a 14 days plan, that is, food and water for 2 weeks was stocked but after that, it was every man (and woman) for himself.

Second. That the fallout from the first Einewetok H-bomb test was about 100 miles wide and 700 miles long. If put on the east coast map of the US, it would have dropped radioactive fallout from Boston to Washington and inland about 100 miles. Bad news. Now, that is one of those things that you could say, truly, “the world will never be the same again.”

I feel a whole lot better now knowing that Mr Bush is in charge of this type of thinking in Washington . . It's no wonder the entire World is on edge these days, can you blame us NON US Citizens for NOT liking the US Dominant Policies?
[Edited by Don W]

Sounds to me like you’re sipping some good Canadian whisky.

[edit on 5/31/2006 by donwhite]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite

Back in the 1950s - I worked in Civil Defense - there was talk of preparing a “Doomsday Bomb” just in case the Ruskies slipped up on us and knocked out our retaliatory weaponry in some “first strike” scenario...........

Wow this is truly scary. very scary.

This is the first I have heard of a "doomsday" type weapon being potentially built by the US. Do you have any more info on this?

You worked in civil defense. Do tell us of some of your experiences or stories.

thanks,

Reason

[edit on 5/31/2006 by REASON]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted by Deltaboy

If your perception of a man in the White House is a psycho, you be dead back in the year 2000. Get it? Since America had the bomb monopoly until 1949, the world be destroyed by now.
[Edited by Don W]

I can't "sleep" on that, D/B. You’ve left out something.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
I'd need more information.

Status of satellites and recon capabilities.
Position and make up of invasion forces.
Status of communications with nuclear capable forces.
Is the enemy a nuclear capable force?

The last one is the most important.

#1 50% up and running
#2 World. All major current and rising powers. 2006 context
#3 comm links with Nuk force completely secure and 90+% online
#4 YES YES YES YES...... CHINA and RUSSIA for example are 2 of many in the world that have nuks. .... so yes the force is nuclear capable.

Thanks,

Reason

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
Which enemy are we talking about? Russia? China? An Islamic Caliphate? I mean, before I end life on earth, I'd like to know exactly what alternative I have. Is the guy I'm fighting gonna be pacified that I surrendered- are is he gonna rape, pillage and enslave my country?

World force.......... Chances are they will overrun and destroy. USA is a massive country with tremendous natural resources.

probably all 3.

thanks,
reason

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

posted by REASON

posted by donwhite

Back in the 1950s - I worked in Civil Defense - there was talk of preparing a “Doomsday Bomb” just in case the Ruskies slipped up on us . .

Wow this is truly scary. very scary. This is the first I have heard of a "doomsday" type weapon being potentially built by the US. Do you have any more info on this? You worked in civil defense. Do tell us of some of your experiences or stories. Thanks, Reason
[Edited by Don W]

In 1953, I was in a radiological survey squadron at Keesler AFB, Biloxi, MS. I had been trained as a Radiological Equipment Repairman. The USAF had installed a series of 30 inch square, 24 inch tall, wooden containers with slated sides and door painted white. We called them pigeon coups. Inside was a battery operated fan that pulled air into a filter system. Every 14 days, we’d go to the boxes and change the filter. We’d mark the filter, put them into a bag, seal it and mail to Andrews AFB, MD. I presume the filters were forwarded to a laboratory for testing and evaluation. This whole program was rated Top Secret and very hush hush.

When I left the USAF in 1956, I enrolled in college. A friend of mine heard about the Civil Defense Agency needing some repairmen. I applied, got accepted, but they needed an instructor more, so I was given that assignment, part-time, on 2 Saturday’s a month. I’d travel to local civic groups and hold instructional sessions with volunteers to be part of the CD program.

All my information came to me in Air Force Operating Manuals and Technical Manuals. I was at or near the bottom of the food chain. I think the Dooms Day Bomb was in the public domain back then. I’d bet old issues of the “Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists” would have that. Look in the 1950s index. This about all I know from 1st hand experience.

[edit on 5/31/2006 by donwhite]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by REASON

Originally posted by MajesticJax

World force.......... Chances are they will overrun and destroy. USA is a massive country with tremendous natural resources.

probably all 3.

thanks,
reason

Then hell yeah- nuke it!

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Now it makes you wonder whether the russian Tsar bomb was also being designed as a doomsday boom.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by REASON
Hello everyone!

I know this topic has been discussed before but I would like to focus this strictly on what military movements would be made.
So please no general "we would lose or win". I would like to know what you would do if you were the commander in cheif.

There is much discusion on a hypothetical USA vs the World scenario.

I Would Like to Find out what the average ATS'er would do in this scenario if you were the commander in cheif of the USA armed forces and were attacked from a unified "world force".

Say there were heavy military losses and a massive invasion was imminent with the potention of the USA being completely destroyed and overrun.

You are the President.

Your in air force one or a deep underground bunker.

You have no foriegn allies at your disposal. either they are now your enemy or has already been destroyed.

Initial USA atacks to prevent invasion have produced:

80% USA surface ship losses. and attack subs.

70% USA Air force losses.

50% USA troop and Mechanized equipment losses.

90+% USA SSBN "BOOMERS" in tact.

95+% Land based missle silos are in tact.

What would you do if massive invasion was imminent?

Would you go Nuclear? Surrender? let be destroyed? end the world?

-Reason

Definely nuclear, let the Peacekeepers(even though they're no longer operational I'm simply pretending),Minuteman's,ACM 129's ,Trident C-4/D-5 fly. Not to mention B-2's and Raptors attacking ground targets and enemy bombers and fighting with the ultimate buker buster. It makes a RNEP look like a firecracker.
www.globalsecurity.org... Goodbye Silo's and civilan shelters!!!!!!!

[edit on 31-5-2006 by urmomma158]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join