It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ThePirateBay.org Raided and Shut Down

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Shouldn't people who create an object, no matter what it is, have certain expectations of property protection? If I work my butt off creating, say, a thread proposing that alien mice have infiltrated a Wisconsin cheese factory, why should someone be able to come along, and with out even a thankyou, or a goodbye kiss, start using it for whatever purpose they deem apropriate.

The laws concerning intellectual properties should be strengthened not weakened.

information flows...nothing is exclusivley yours...some how it came to you...the idea was not birthed in your head.

ever notice one idea pops up, and half way around the world someone else thinks they too are clever for the "new idea"...

people need to live and let live...the tighter you hold something, the more sure you will lose it.

peace my friend

dalen

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

News Flash,, Pirate Bay is up and running again

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
information flows...nothing is exclusivley yours

- I'd add to that 'especially not forever'.

I have nothing against a system of patent but even they expire after a reasonable time.

It would appear that those pursuing the current (unworkable) narrow notion of 'intellectual property' think everything should be the 'property' of the big corporations now and for all time.

As one wag once said I look forward to the day when they can just have done with it and just have us all up in court for owing them money.

If they could charge for the air we need to breathe they would.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
As a newly formed political party the Piracy Party couldn't couldn't ask for better publicity. Being viewed as the victim of unlawful police action by many in a huge scandal that has been plastered all over the Swedish media for 4 days now, pure gold. If they are able to get thepiratebay.org backup and running again in Sweden that will be an even bigger boost to the party.

But wait! What's that!? Is it a bird? A plane? No, it Captain Copyright!! From his fortress of solitude located deep within the heart of the Canadian Shield (or maybe Swift Current Saskatchewan) Capitan Copyright emerges. Sworn protector of the rights of artists, writers, musicians, photographers, filmmakers, and everyone in between (consumers need not apply). He will put an end to those evil global pirates.

But every super hero has a weakness right? What could be his? My guess, if you take away his corporate sponsorship he'll loose his super powers.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

If you use public P2P filesharing, you're asking for it.

If you are making money sharing/selling files, you're seriously asking for it.

Downloading and installing files from questionable sources is just plain foolish.

Anyone can seed these torrents with malware disguised as something of interest.

A song, a movie, photos, or software.

There are piggyback programs that just wait for you to use your authorization password
and you're hacked.

Be careful out there.

How long has bittorrent been around? what 2 or 3 years? well I have been using it since it pretty much started, thousands of gigs downloaded and not once have I downloaded anything that wasn't what it claimed to be nor contained any virus, malware, spyware or anything. If you're talking about winmx or something I'd agree with you but never with bittorrent...

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Did anyone spot this?
Talk about how to win friends and influence people, not.

"US government behind Pirate Bay raid"
Published: 2nd June 2006 09:08 CET

The American film and music industry rejoiced over the raid by the Swedish police on The Pirate Bay. But reports that the US government was behind the action against the Sweden-based file sharing site have now resulted in the Swedish government being reported to the country's Constitutional Committee.....

....According to Swedish Television's news programme, Rapport, the action was the result of contact between the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) and the White House.

The US State Department then turned to Stockholm, with a demand for Sweden to do something about The Pirate Bay.

www.thelocal.se...

[edit on 3-6-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
LOL Pirate Bay changed the tittle on there home page to Police Bay.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Why would it be such a big deal when its legal in that company! God! You can't go and arrest people without them commiting a crime (but the us government does...) I mean if its legal in that country why bother! Anyway when I create something-using music as an example I do it just for the sake of being heard, maybe some applause, good complements, I mean why should people who work less make so much more, just because they happen to have a good body or know how to make an automatic hit, none of the singing is really all that great anymore, Down with pop-culture, up with fairness. Why should these people get so much money over so little... I hate rich people... most are only there because of sucking up (or off in the case of most women but thats not their fault-they are discriminated against to the point of that being the only way) and the rest dont work at all, and maybe one or two people actually deserve it and they are spoiling their children to the point that they will become bums... wow... I turned a rant on piracy into one on Rich people...

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'm going to have to put on my Mod hat here.

While this thread is a discussion about another web site, we have to keep in mind that
ATS does not in any way support or condone illegal file sharing.

We do however promote the disclosure of secret stuff.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
That was the absolute most pointless post ever... How does what the members say have to do with that... The community is different than the leadership... Jeez...

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
My post was only pointless if you believe it's cool to brag about illegal activities on an open forum.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Check this out and you'll know why they piss off so many companies.
It's actually pretty funny, regardless of the morals involved or not.
thepiratebay.org...

It consists of letters from companies to them, and their replies to the companies.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Kudos to them for pwning all of the big corperations... up untill now at least... whatev... at least theres still about 5000000000000000 other bittorent sites...

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Uh...
It's still up.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It is??? really??? I didn't know that??? (>.>) (

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join