It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accumulating ATS Points

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Is there a secret to accumulating more ATS points in a shorter period of time? Do you have suggestions as to how to accumulate more, quicker?

I'd like to check out RATS, etc. but after being a registered member for a little over half a year, I only have 1000 points. At this rate it will take me nearly two more years before I can get on RATS.

I've seen other members with same amount of time under their belt but nearly 10 times the points. And they started half the number of threads as I did. How does that happen?

Is there some conspiracy here?

Thanks for the help.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Post, post, post, and then POST SOME MORE!! The best and most productive way to get points, beleive me.

Of course, there is some weird thing called tagging, where you go around adding tags to the bottom of threads. You can get 75 points per tag that way sometimes, and there are also the podcasts, where you get 2, 500 points per entry, and you get 10, 000 points per entry you put into TinWiki.

So, get out there and open your eyes!

edit: No, I can assure you there is no conspiracy. ATS is the conspiracy, not the points system!!

[edit on 31/5/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Mecheng check out this thread.

There is all the information that you would want on thread tagging, which is a great way to build points, and you are helping the searchability of this site at the same time. Also, you get a chance to read some of the older threads and get information that you may not have caught while being on here.

Also, the tinWiki is a great way. I haven't done an article yet, but I've begun to be attracted to the idea, as I am seeing a few members on here having a blast by churning out article after article of in depth information.

Good luck!

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Man... I'm sorry. I actually did a search and couldn't find anything. Then, two minutes after I started this thread I found another just like it at

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, at least I got a few extra points from it.

Edit: Thanks for the help you guys.

[edit on 31-5-2006 by mecheng]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Tagging:

Go to the above page, select a thread and add appropriate tags to the bottom of the page. A tag is just a word or phrase that describes the thread. For example, a thread with a recipe for chicken enchiladas, appropriate tags might be:

chicken recipe
chicken enchilada
chicken

Put commas between the tags, it only accepts (I think) 30 characters and be careful with the spelling because you have no way to correct it.

Bookmark the above page. Every time you go there it will list 500 threads without tags. It refreshes every time.

Read more about tagging here:

Also, PODcasts are worth 2500 points each.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Cool. In about an hour I doubled my points. Thanks!

PS - I hope I'm doing the tag thing right.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
Cool. In about an hour I doubled my points. Thanks!

PS - I hope I'm doing the tag thing right.

Well, as long as you read the threads about how to tag, I think you can't really go wrong. If it helps, think of it like this. If you were searching for something on a particular subject, what would you type in to find it? I see that your points have doubled though.
Congratulations.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You can also rack up some points if you know how to write.

Creative writing contest

First prize is 3000 points.

wupy

top topics

join