It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Shift In US policy on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
ABC is reporting a "major policy shift"... Dr. Rice has made some concessions... is this the last "deal"... are there any "down cards" yet to be played... or is this "all-in" for "all the marbles"?. Seems significant at this late date... posturing? Or geniuine attempt at resolution? Here's a link.

Thanx,

Victor K.

[edit on 31-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Isn't this similar to the last proposal that the United States offered Iran recently, in which Iran refused?
Didn't Iran state that it would not stop enriching uranium for any reason after the US's last proposal?

External Source

"Iran will never give up its rights," he said and proposed the Europeans to take Iran's two main conditions into consideration in their new offer.
"The proposal should officially recognize Iran's (nuclear) rights and guarantee ways to attain and restore them," he said.
from here

Why would they say in this proposal that the only way that they will even consider talking to them, is if they stop enrichment.

External Source (article)
"There are going to be some changes, but the overall position, which is that Iran needs to take the first step, it needs to suspend enrichment and reprocessing activities, that's still there," Snow said. "That's still the foundation stone for U.S. diplomatic policy on this."

To me, sounds like posturing to me, but i may be wrong

join