It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mondale to replace Wellstone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Years after getting crushed by Reagan I wonder if he can give it another go. Probably a good choice for the dems. I keep seeing 'name recognition' being written here and there and he seems to have that.

side note, several of my forefathers held local public office and they were all Democrats. There was never a shortage of Dem paraphernalia in my house during an election. Bob remembers putting a Mondale/Ferraro sticker on my skateboard. Thankfully, I have since seen the light. Lol.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 08:52 AM
link   
If I understand the rules correctly, Bob, they only have a day or so left within which to make a substitution and I guess -with the sympathy vote as well- Mondale's a pretty good choice.
I'm surprised how quiet Jesse Ventura has been, by the way.
I'm much more surprised by the fact that Mondale is apparently so keen on standing.

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 09:01 AM
link   
because after the horror of being Jimmy's VP, the humiliation of being demolished 525-13 by reagan and the ignominy of being Clinton's stooge in Indonesia: you'd have thought Fritz had had enough.
The fact that he's a fairly Orthodox Jew and a friend of Israel (unlike Wellstone -a liberal Jew and no friend of Israel: hence, teh support for the Republican Coleman -another Jew, by the RJC) won't hurt him and may be seen as balancing the books after Wellstone stood out against Bush, and the Dem's party line, recently.
Mind you it didn't really help him in the Ferraro days.
There's something rotten in the state of Minnesota (forgive me, O ghost of Shakespeare), Bob; but I'm not getting a clear picture yet.

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 09:04 AM
link   
that Wellstone's sons are supporting Mondale: and Jesse's just popped out of the closet to say he'll be making an interim appointment soon.

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 09:11 AM
link   
the Sunday shows should be interesting today. I don't know if you get Meet the Press in your parts - always great to watch!

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 09:17 AM
link   
to watch recorded cricket: the lack of good media ( in the "good-for-a-laugh/America beware" sense) is the one drawback of the very limited cable in the East - CNN have it all sewn up.
If there's anything interesting/entertaining, Bob -post it here or U2U

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 09:19 AM
link   
that Bloomberg on the Net or VOA are the best that's available -you'll know what I mean.

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I fancy Bloomberg, I just upgraded my cable package to get the Bloomberg TV channel (will also get some BBC channels, a Russian channel?? and a few more History channels - my favorite) and would you believe a day later my cable box goes off the deep end! Cable guy, where art though? Luckily the box isn't needed to get Nickelodeon, or I would have one angry 5 yr old on my hands!

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 09:43 AM
link   
it's terrifying, Bob - I ended up getting a TV card for my daughter's PC just so she could drive herself mad in her bedroom and spare me from MTV.
Actually, when you have an interest in current affairs and try to keep informed VOA and Bloomberg are both fascinating:the former is astounding as the US voice overseas - US taxpayers woould burn the White House down if they knew how their dollars were spent.
And Bloomberg on the Net is similarly amazing in the sheer volume of the stocks and shares advice -one has this vision of an entire country glued to NASDAQ: a point-one cent decline in Poughkeepsie Hog-Bellies Inc. is reported as if it were the end of the universe.
Incredible

new topics

top topics

join