It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planetary Defense

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Not sure how many of you have seen this advert on the top of the site. It caught my attention right off the bat, and I even down loaded the first 25 pages. Some thing I was hopeing to go over with any of you who may under stand better than I, was the math. Now I do have a decent grasp of advanced algerbra, but are those formulas and calculations good or not?

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this publication and further discussing the book and what it covers.

A Study of Modern Warfare Applied to Extra-Terrestrial Invasion

Also, I just had to point out this;
US Air Force 2025

It should be duely noted that at this time Planetary Defense is not an assigned or approved mission for the United States Department of Defense or the United States Air Force.
Planetary Defense: Catastrophic Health Insurance for Planet Earth

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Well I suppose I will quote a section of the book in an attempt to gain replies. Selected text section my highlighted doings. Page five;

Dedication

We dedicate this text to those unfortunate citizens and heroes who lost their lives in
the September 11, 2001 terrorists attacks on America. America was unprepared for those attacks. It is our hope and desire that with this book we stimulate enough impetus to take advantage of lessons learned from our lack of planning and preparation. Being similarly unprepared for an invasion from extra-terrestrials would prove far more catastrophic and would likely end humanity. A responce to call to plan and prepare will add great purpose to September 11, 2001 victims' unfortunate fates.

That is a direct quote from the 25pg dpf intro teaser. I must also mention this work was written as non fiction, and those who wrote it seem to be in good standing. It really got me thinking, these are authors who have been scientists, professors and astronaughts.

After reading over it myself, I am interested in furthering what was started here. If you are also interested in participating in a ATS research project on this subject material, please familarize your self with the topped threads of the Research Forum. Serious inquires only, all u2us will be considered.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thats funny you bring that up ,I looked at that pdf file on it also interesting, didn't check it all out but interesting.

[edit on 1-6-2006 by menguard]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Is it possible to defend Earth against extraterrestrial attack? I doubt it.

Space is the ultimate high ground. Look at it from the attackers' point of view: the planet turning helplessly beneath them, incapable of evasive action, its landmasses and cities exposed to the malign sky. All they need do is stand back and lob things at us. They can't miss.

Meanwhile, anything we lob back at them has to climb laboriously out of our gravity well, giving them plenty of time to dodge it or swat it out of the way.

If they came as conquerors rather than simply as destroyers, things might be different. Sooner or later they would want to occupy their new conquest, at which point they could become vulnerable to guerrilla activity and suicide attacks.

Very interesting question; I look forward to discussing it. I suppose I ought to read the book first, but somehow don't think I shall. It's more fun to pit my wild, uninformed speculations against those of other members...

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
What makes me wonder, is why that subject matter? They could have wrote about person experiences and it would have sold just as well. But they didn't, or did they? Are these wise guys just takeing advantage of good marketing, or onto more?

Planetary defense is also a potential "terrestrail"? consideration. Keeping in mind that perhaps not all potential attacks from space would be foreign.
You mention "guerrilla" tactics, those could be used against us. If they have been here before, they have a foothold.

A member I noticed has a Civilian Intelligence Agency avatar, I thought that was sweet and thought of a NRO version for space.
Intergalactic-galactic Reconnaissance Office. Meet ATS's version of the MiB. No not really, just my hypothetical rendering.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
No doubt, the Earth would be completly defenceless against an Alien invasion. We really have nothing to stop them. I mean what are we going to do? Shoot canons at them? We would just get attacked and we would not be able to stop it.

Not to mention the Aliens probably have some crazy intergallactic super weapons.

[edit on 1-6-2006 by enjoies05]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The basic presumption of the work is all wrong. The aliens are not only here but very dug in.

Hundreds of credible, former governmental employees have testified in the Disclosure Project that the aliens are already here. We generally don't see their probes and manned ships because they are usually cloaked and cannot be detected with the naked eye or with radar, but only with infrared technology.

Other people like Zecharia Sitchin have uncovered archeological evidence that a technically advanced group of extraterrestrials has been influencing this planet and people (on and off) for literally thousands of years. Ancient cave drawings and paintings attest to that influence.

Moreover, retired Army Sgt. Clifford Stone (of the Disclosure Project) stated that there are "probably twelve or fewer" full-scale operational alien bases on this planet. Another member of the Disclosure Project testified that there is a large alien base in the Moon. Both Sgt. Stone and Bob Lazar (see also this insightful documentary) said that they have had briefings from the government that indicated that the aliens stem from the Zeta 2 Reticuli System.

Hence, the whole premise of the book needs to be upgraded:

From how to defend against an alien invasion to how to oust a large-scale alien occupation that is already in existence.

The referenced video documetary above is quite educational. The Zetan-aliens use antimatter reactors to power their probes and spacecraft. Antimatter weapons are far more powerful than our less advanced nuclear variations. The Zetan Empire could literally destroy this planet (not just on the surface) with their antimatter arsenal.

No contest.

All of this constitutes quite a different and more dangerous scenario to face logistically and tactically

[edit on 1-6-2006 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If that was true, there is still no reason to develope a contingency to prevent others from doing the same. If they are dug in and already here, then guerilla tactics are going to be needed. We better start reading up on the Vietnamese and current tacticians, because they have proven to be the best at what they do.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
For people interested in planetary defense I recommend the Legend Of Dune series (Butlerian Jihad, The Machine Crusade, Battle Of Corrin) . In the future we would probably have warships orbiting Earth, and scouts patrolling our galaxy. Of course we will have to colonize many planets in case we ever lose Earth, this is just a basic survival strategy but it works well.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   
"Not sure how many of you have seen this advert on the top of the site. It caught my attention right off the bat"

Nice way to get people to click the ad at the top of the site.... Good marketing

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
i saw a documentary(on the H channel) on airplane pilots and how their urged to "report" any sightings, then their made to sign so secrecy papers but anyways in this same program they also mention that the manual for firefighters has a chapter called "incase of alien invasion"...anyone know about this?

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I read that 25-page summary (although half of it was useless pages and the table of contents, so more like 12 pages) and it was quite interesting. The book seems like it would be an excellent read, and the authors have good credentials.

Trying to put numbers into the Drake equation, as the authors did, in my opinion, isn't particularly effective, since they are all 'best guess' values, and may be off by several orders of magnitude. Until we have more data to work with, i.e. actually finding some civilizations outside of Earth, any numbers used in this manner are just guesses. I thought some of the numbers chosen were biased in favor of there being more intelligent life, but conceptually, what they are doing makes sense to me.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
If they are dug in and already here, then guerilla tactics are going to be needed. We better start reading up on the Vietnamese and current tacticians, because they have proven to be the best at what they do.

I agree with using guerilla tactics for those who are established in fortified underwater and underground full-scale operational bases. In referencing the well-known skirmish between federal security forces and aliens at the Dulce Facility - whereby the former lost - it is wise that we don't attempt any rebellion on and in the ground (and in the water) until we can at least match their small arms weapons

Out in the open, they clearly have the advantage in air superiority with their hundreds if not thousands of spherically-shaped, cylindrically-shaped and saucer-shaped probes that have been reported to not only be used for surveillance but for releasing energy-based weapons - the well-known paralysis beams - as a precursor to an abduction. It is not much of a stretch to consider that their probes have various other energy-based weapons at their disposal; like the red beams from alien craft that has been reported to cut through walls, the green antigravity beams that have been known to disrupt aircraft instrumentation (e.g., on helicopters) and which acts almost like a tractor beam, and also advanced electromagnetic pulse (EMP) weapons that have been known to disable automobile engines and advanced computers.

It also doesn't require a leap in logic to consider that they have all the high-tech weapons that we know our own military has - like particle beams - but more advanced versions.

Recent battles in the Middle East have shown that those who control the skies ultimately win the battle. Getting to the aliens in their bases would be difficult but far easier than going toe-to-toe with them in the air and in space, whereby we would be quickly overwhelmed, even if we had our own fleet of hundreds of cloaked and antigravity wave propelled spacecraft.

Envision if you will thousands of highly sophisticated probes descending onto every military base and naval warship on this planet. I really think it would be like that. The alien commanders would stay safe and secure thousands of miles away in their fortified bases and on their one to three mile wide Dropa Stone-shaped, triangular-shaped, and rectangular-shaped mother ships.

As far as another alien race invading, I highly doubt it. The one already here would prevent that from happening. I'd be willing to bet that there have already been extraterrestrials from distant systems - perhaps even from another galaxy - that have attempted to enter our atmosphere and were stopped, even destroyed, by Zetan forces.

Command and control of a large farm for harvesting entails being quarantined.

Not trying to sound defeatist here, but I really don't think that any major rebellion should be attempted until a significant advantage is achieved, and I don't believe that that will occur at all in the realm of physically-based technology. The Zetan-aliens are too far ahead of us in industrial capability as well as in overall technology.

The answer, I believe, is to be found within the spiritual realm, the one and only flaw within the vast military machine of The Zetan Empire.

[edit on 5-6-2006 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well, that pretty much slams the door on this thread, doesn't it?

The aliens are already here. No need to defend ourselves from any future extraterrestrial threat, the Zetans will take care of it with their fleets of heavily-armed Platonic solids. End of story.

Dear Paul Richard, I'm sure there is much in what you say, but there may yet be a few of us (heads firmly in the sand, I'm sure you'll agree) who would like to pretend there aren't any Zetans and discuss the What If scenario Advisor proposes anyway. So do you mind if we just go ahead and do that, just for a bit, just for long enough to see which way the thread will go?

Because, y'know, I was really really really looking forward to discussing it.

Pretty please? With a cherry on top?

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Astyanax,

Well said.

This is a pleasant fiction, isn't it?

[edit on 5-6-2006 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Current chances to defend the planet would be slim, if only for the reason we are not united. As a whole we are divided globally, so independantly as a Country or subdivided within such, CONPLANs/concept plans need be focused on that reality.

Detection and observation of the opposing force or known area of interest is primary. Then further reactive measures can be determined. The objective and planning phase of needs to be attainable, meaning an imeadiate and realistic short term goal should follow.

What factors should be looked at, well lets use our US government for an example.
They have in the works a "bunker exercise", were public officials and or leaders go into a martial law enviornment. That sort of action should also be taken in the case of this topic. I don't want to say it, but it becomes obvious, just like the there is a continuation of government plan, there needs to be a continuation of people plan as well. But the government can not, provide such for us. They only have facilities for those select 1,000s.

Of course that would be just one section of this study. Much, much more is still in dire need of addressing, such as emergency services during time of invasion and even preventive exercises and awareness programs. There is a whole lot still open for discussion. I too also look forward to discussing more on this matter.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
You're right, Advisor. Governments would look to the needs of their own citizens first and others a very far second. That's what governments are for. And the United Nations, driven by the competing agendas of member states, would probably exhibit dithering paralysis. We need expect no help from there.

Perhaps the network of connections between members of the international scientific community could be the basis of a cooperative effort to study and deal with this potential threat? I envision something relatively informal, a network of concerned people who would exchange ideas over the Internet. By no means all need be scientists, of course.

Governments could be involved at a later stage, perhaps. To begin with at least, the whole effort should be private and low-key as long as the threat remained potential. In the event of an actual alien invasion, contigency plans, already devised, would swing into action.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Just bought (from Amazon.com) and read this book. It's really one to make you stop and think, "What if ....?"

The first part is the statistical formulas to show why we should be concerned - kind of like the Drake Equation. The numbers they come up with using what they say are conservative values for the different terms of the equations are quite eye opening and somewhat disturbing.

Another theme they mention several times is that SETI may be making the biggest mistake of Earth history by broadcasting contact information out into space instead of just concentrating on passive listening.

There is also information as to the different reasons (research, conquest, etc.) that would motivate ET to come here and the different types of civilizations that might be coming here.

As an analogy, the authors compare our current situation were ET to suddenly arrive with what happened when Europeans first came to the Americas. They see a lot of parallels, regarding technological, social and cultural differences. Also, how the native Americans never even dreamed that there were Europeans coming and how they were not unified and waited too late to try and do anything about the "invasion".

Anyway, like I said, a thought-provoking read.

[edit on 6/5/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
What would be the components of planetary defence? Can someone who's better versed in military matters than I am come up with a list?

How about if we do it through modified logical framework analysis? Start with an overall goal, a programme purpose and a list of project outputs. Here are my suggestions; all are open to change, refinement or elimination in favour of other suggestions, so let's hear them.

OVERALL GOAL
Humanity protected from extraterrestrial threats.

(This would include both sentient and non-sentient threats, since a loose asteroid could be as final as a Mysteron invasion.)

PROGRAMME PURPOSE
A comprehensive defence system(?) that would warn of and act conclusively against all extraterrestrial threats, whether sentient or non-sentient, is implemented.

OUTPUTS
1. Early warning systems set up and functioning.

2. Off-planet defence systems set up and functioning.
(How many lines of defence would we need, at a minimum? Where should the lines of defence be established? In the Kuiper belt? In the Saturnian system or the asteroid belt? Earth orbit? On Luna? All of the above?

3. On-planet defence systems set up and functioning.

4. Reserve forces provisioned and ready.

5. Guerrilla programme established and ready should it be required.

6. Substantial human populations established in self-sustaining and well-defended habitats offplanet to offset danger of total species wipeout.

Etc...

Each of these outputs would have to be looked at in detail in terms of sub-outputs, activities that would have to be undertaken in terms of each sub-output, indicators of success in achieving sub-outputs, outputs and the programme purpose, and external conditions that would have to be taken cognizance of when devising activities to achieve the outputs etc. I can supply more details of a modified LFA planning process if required; I think this would be a good way of going about the task.

Anbody want to play?

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
The following will be based on a simular and current "Continuity of Government" concept, how ever modified and redesigned for better use.

__3
CP

"Continuity of People"

Three primary factors will contribute to this, and they are:

• Command Post
  • Check Point
  • Controlled Perimeter

Purpose:
Combined protection of the civilian population.

Goal:
Co-op procedures toward future maintenance of community programs, ensuring
vital contingency planning.

The three primary factors are composed of many details in which provides a common beneficial unity. Further details on above outline can be further discussed upon request.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join